Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-09-2017, 03:00 PM

Default Switching to single pin?

Hey all,

I'm thinking of switching to a single pin sight. Right now I've got a trophy ridge vertical 5 pin sight.

Is there anything specific to look for in terms of the new sight? For those that have made the switch, is it much of an adjustment?

Cheers!
Old 06-09-2017, 09:03 PM

I thought I wanted a single pin too because of how far you can easily shoot with them but I liked the practicality of a multi so a got a hybrid/slider an am really happy with it BG ascent verdict

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2017, 10:39 PM
Banned

I don't think I could go to a single and I had looked into the CBE Tek Hybrid's but I wen with the Black Gold Ascent Verdict as well. I got mine in a 3 pin but it comes in 3 and 5 pin as well. I'm very interested see how it does. I've only owned it since last night but I have some high hopes.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits View Post
I don't think I could go to a single and I had looked into the CBE Tek Hybrid's but I wen with the Black Gold Ascent Verdict as well. I got mine in a 3 pin but it comes in 3 and 5 pin as well. I'm very interested see how it does. I've only owned it since last night but I have some high hopes.
I got the 3 pin also I love the sight and bg is a awesome company after I got my sight tape on I was shooting out to 95 yards with about a 1foot group with I blame on my form and shaking

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2017, 11:08 PM

I have a 5 pin black gold pure gold. I just shot the oilmans shoot a couple weekends ago. I used my sliding pin for the majority of the shots, anything past 25 yards. I like the practicality of a 5 pin for hunting. But I think that a single pin would be great for 3-d shoots, and indoor target shooting.
Old 06-10-2017, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits View Post
I have the same sight but I got mine custom ordered in a 4 pin model with the first 3 pins @ .19 and the fourth pin @ .10. So if you want to reach out you definitely can.

Morb
Old 06-10-2017, 07:09 AM
Banned

Thanks Morbius. I was actually looking for a pin or two yesterday, in 0.10" to do exactly what you have done, except for a 5 pin. I just really want that last pin smaller. In reality, I'm not even good enough for a 50 yard shot but I want to go practice at 80 or 100. That way a 40 or 50 yard shot should feel easier.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:11 AM

I have a 5 pin tek hybrid and would never go fixed again. I actually removed a pin and like it more as a 4 pin. Green red red green makes it very easy to use the multi pin in a fixed situation but dialing during practice is so fun and good for working on form.
I am considering a single pin if I end up with a second bow but am having a hard time convincing myself to switch.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:51 AM
Banned

I am an older guy and wear reading glasses and because of this with my 5 pin sight all the sights were getting blurring into one another and I could not make them out properly.

A couple of years ago I bought a one pin Ascent Black Gold adjustable sight that can be adjusted from 20 to 100 yards in a couple of seconds, I love it!
Old 06-10-2017, 02:58 PM

Default Pin

I have hunted with a single pin for 20 years now , and have owned several of the best I recently just bought the truglo Range Rover pro with the power dot . So far I love it nice and bright and the scope is clear , you can adjust your brightness witch makes your dot really fine like .10 or bright like well over .19 . Its probably not the quality of a CBE but so far it's real nice . 350 $ little expensive but what isn't these days .