Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-09-2020, 08:50 PM

Default Can tell it's an election year

HFAWN? Glad I bought what I bought over the last couple of yrs. Between this and the CBSA???

Powder Valley;
Many manufacturers have announced price increases. Here is a list. I can't confirm the exact amount of increase yet but this is who we know is having an increase:
Hodgdon extreme powders
IMR
CCI
Federal
Frontier ammunition
Aguila

IRunGuns;

Why everyone's shelves will be empty for the foreseeable future.
We want to share these statistics with you in the hopes of helping everyone understand what they can expect to see moving forward.
In the US, all FFL dealers are required to do a NICS background check on every firearm sold in the US.
A NICS background check is basically the same as a restricted firearm transfer in Canada. This is where the FBI is contacted and the customer is run through the national database to ensure they qualify for the purchase.
Now these checks are for a minimum of 1 firearm but can include multiple firearms at a time.
Year to date there are over 19 million NICS background checks that were done in 2020. 3.9 million of them were done in the month of June. That is basically 1% of the population in the US. Keep in mind these statistics do not include private transactions.
Recent looting, violence, and a Presidential election around the corner will further spike these numbers.
With the increased sales in guns comes increased sales in ammunition, magazines and accessories.
We have never seen stock shortages like this, there is no reserve stock anywhere and given the current issues with Covid 19 alot of the manufactures have been closed, working at a seriously reduced capacity, or like in Kel Tec's case making safety equipment.
Ammunition is virtually non existent, as are common magazines for both handguns and rifles. To further compound the issues components needs for ammo and other firearm related items are also depleted or non-existent.
If you are even remotely considering buying anything please move quickly.
The US IRUNGUNS Team
Old 07-09-2020, 11:36 PM

Sad thing is this is the new norm. Every year there is a primary election we have a run on guns and ammo. Fortunately I was stocking up on most things over the past year or so a little bit each time I went to town. The only thing I really need now is some .223 ammo which is hit and miss and some IMR4064. Past that I'm sitting on what liberals would call a "cache" of ammo and an arsenal of weapons....