Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-08-2008, 06:37 PM

Default rem 750 woodsmaster semi 30.06

Is there anyone here that owns one? If yes do you like the gun? Any thoughts on semi guns? Thanks just want to be sure and hear some thoughts.
jay
Old 09-08-2008, 07:43 PM

Default 742

I don't have the newer 750, but a 742 (also in 30-06), which I presume is the predecessor to the 750. It's my "backup" gun, but is funny in that it killed both my first Whitey and my first Elk after issues with my "primary" gun. Guess I need to buy a new "primary" gun. Anyway, it's a great little gun. Light and quick, and the semi action creates very little recoil. I think most would agree though that semi's are less than reliable. I do know that if you go on an Elk hunt and it rains like a sumbich, you better have some solvent and oil to clean up the spring and whatnot under the fore-stock. Also, if it is really cold out, make sure you don't use too much lube on the action, as it (at least mine) will jam. Not fun, when you thought you missed with the first shot, and were trying for a quick follow up that was NOT forthcoming.

As for the caliber, I don't think you will get argument from most (uh-oh) that the 30-06 is about as versatile as you will need for any Alberta big game.(oops.....crap!!!!....did I say that??......can....meet worms.....and....OPEN!)

Last edited by Little Red Man; 09-08-2008 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Brutal Spelling