Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-10-2008, 10:44 AM

That badger did not see the "Trespassers will be prosecuted" sign.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin1 View Post
thanks again for all the information Tactical . I have one more question , well for now anyways ,before I let this thread die off . I want to restock an old enfield from my Dad , any reccomendation where to take it? you are a wealth of knowledge that I'll probally refer back to from time to time hopefully , thanks again
Personally I would leave it alone, to spend more on another stock than the rifle is worth makes little sense, especially if the Enfield has not be "sporterized" in original configuration these old beasts are actually worth some $$. The Enfields were decent battle rifles for WW1 but never really considered an accurate rifle. All I have seen available is tupperware stocks which I think are really a step backwards from where you are now.

Extreme Accuracy at Extreme Long Range
Old 11-11-2008, 09:01 AM

I think its an enfield.It has a 1920 stamp on it and a bunch of crown markings ,but it doesn'y actually say enfield on it .Also Lithgow England stamped by the bolt.The thing kicks like a mule and the brass plate on the butt doesn't help. I don't know how those guys fired those things all day .We shot about 80 rounds through it then the front site fell off, it already had a scope on it but I'm not sure if sporterized means new stock or what . I am thinking if a guy had to he could kill with that butt if he had to . Today I salute all the vets out there living and dead. remember lest we forget
Old 11-13-2008, 11:08 AM

I think I will take tactical's advice and retire this old beast . I was thinking of letting my gunless friend use it but I found him an .06 that shoots well instead. I wouldn't mind knowing more about the .303 though .