Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-10-2008, 11:02 PM

Default Reloader Red Deer area

I purchased a rem 700 this year in 30-06,, im used too hunting with muzzleloaders. Im wonderring if there is anyone in the red deer area that reloads that would be intrested in helping me work up a load for this gun over the winter months.. Im currently shooting federal ammo and the grouping and performance has me desiring something a little better. Im confident out too150 yards with the current set-up,,, but I would like to be able to double that range by the time next deer season comes around. Ill be heading out for work on wed. but if anyone is intrested send me a pm and ill get in touch when i get back into town.

thanks!
Old 11-10-2008, 11:36 PM

Do you have dies and such? I dont have -06 dies, but do reload. Shoot me a PM and we can talk.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:09 AM

Default hey

thanks for the reply. No I dont have anything to reload. I will be heading back to ontario at xmas time and will be taking a trip to cabelas. Just let me know what I need too buy and ill pick it up while im there. And if there is anything you are going to need that you are having trouble finding im sure ill be able too find it at that candy store!

I just want too work up a load that i can take confidence in shooting,, right now im not too confident in what im using,, it shoots decent but im not getting exit holes on deer. id like to be be able too knock down on the spot or have a blood trail too follow.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:25 AM

Hey Ontario Gunner,

I have a couple Remmys in 30-06 and niether seem to like anything lighter then 180s. Tried several brands on 150 etc and the groups loosen right up. I have talked to others that have experienced the same.

On another note-For fear of lawsuites Remington is sending rifles out the door with the trigger pull set extremely stiff (too stiff for consistant grouping) The 700s have a good trigger that can be easily adjusted. If not you should consider a new trigger for it if you are wanting to shoot at or about 300 yards.

Hope this helps,
MK
Old 11-11-2008, 11:44 AM

PM sent

There are no absolutes
Old 11-11-2008, 12:13 PM

I live in Innisfail and would be willing to help you with that, you supply the dies and other supplies and I'll supply the equipment. Don't suppose you work at CNRL do you?
Old 11-11-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontario gunner View Post
I purchased a rem 700 this year in 30-06,, im used too hunting with muzzleloaders. Im wonderring if there is anyone in the red deer area that reloads that would be intrested in helping me work up a load for this gun over the winter months.. Im currently shooting federal ammo and the grouping and performance has me desiring something a little better. Im confident out too150 yards with the current set-up,,, but I would like to be able to double that range by the time next deer season comes around. Ill be heading out for work on wed. but if anyone is intrested send me a pm and ill get in touch when i get back into town.

thanks!
I have everything yoou need dies ect,pm me when you get the chance and we can chat,dont own a 06 anymore but load for a buddies
Ian