Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-04-2020, 08:24 PM

Default Theft of Trailer Bunk at Ft Sask Boat Launch

Hey Guys,

Launched out of Ft Sask today around 4pm, came back at about 745pm and someone had stolen one of the bunks off my Karavan Trailer. If by chance anyone saw someone doing something to a trailer hooked up to a black GMC in the parking area, please let me know. 3rd day owning this boat and this **** happens.
Old 09-04-2020, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300magman View Post
Hey Guys,

Launched out of Ft Sask today around 4pm, came back at about 745pm and someone had stolen one of the bunks off my Karavan Trailer. If by chance anyone saw someone doing something to a trailer hooked up to a black GMC in the parking area, please let me know. 3rd day owning this boat and this **** happens.
Sorry to hear that. Unblvbl. ..........a bunk ..... that's a new one.

Good news is they aren't that hard to make and replace - but yeah - that would be a big disappointment and bigger inconvenience.

Were you able to get it back on (assuming you double bunks on both sides?) - I'm not sure what good options there would be if you had a single on each side.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:37 PM

I’m shocked that would happen at fort sask. that’s such a public area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2020, 11:38 PM

Definitely a crappy deal , not something a guy wants to deal with after a day on the river

Old 09-04-2020, 11:42 PM

Yeah, I couldn’t believe it, nor could the other guy at the launch. And like was mentioned, in such a busy and public area, it’s ballsy if nothing else. I did manage to get it on (it’s a single on each side) with a little redneck ingenuity I think the hull will be fine. More of a pain in the azz than anything else, man I ticked off at the time.
Old 09-05-2020, 08:58 AM

Holy K-RAP. Hard to believe someone would have the gonads to attempt that. I could use a new one on the one side of my trailer too but would never do that to someone. Broken hands would be in order along with a couple real good WT'# smacks upside the head.
Old 09-05-2020, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catman1 View Post
I’m shocked that would happen at fort sask. that’s such a public area.

I am not shocked. I live in Fort, and the boat launch is where many illicit transactions take place. I have witnessed the transactions beside boat launch, while setting Xc ski trails. There are always crazy kids doing burnouts, donuts etc on that location. The peace officer rolls around every hour through that location. Our snowmobile storage area was broken into, however they couldn’t penetrate the garage. They did however rip some siding off the garage. The city owned chalet has a camera, may be able to locate the thieves.
Old 09-05-2020, 09:22 AM

Unreal. What is wrong with these people. And probably pretending he was working on his own trailer the whole time.
Old 09-05-2020, 09:38 AM

I'd be looking at those you have dealings with, it seems more like someone trying to screw with you...
Mind you I'm thinking of this logically, why would someone steal a bunk?

Good news they're fairly cheap
Old 09-05-2020, 03:26 PM

I had someone steal both tail lights out of my boat trailer at Crawling Valley a few yrs. back.

At least when they cut the wires they left me enough so i could soder in the new ones that I had to buy. Can't imagine people watching some guy removing lights and not wondering what was going on.
Old 09-05-2020, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLLER View Post
I had someone steal both tail lights out of my boat trailer at Crawling Valley a few yrs. back.

At least when they cut the wires they left me enough so i could soder in the new ones that I had to buy. Can't imagine people watching some guy removing lights and not wondering what was going on.
That was my thoughts too! I’d be more than a little suspicious if someone went up to a parked trailer, took something off it and then took off......definitely would be something I would think was fishy. Maybe the same guy is slowly piecing together a trailer from launches around Alberta 😂
Old 09-06-2020, 06:36 AM
Banned

Default Weird

I lock my hitch to the receiver and my trailer is locked to the hitch. My thoughts were that the whole trailer would be swapped or stolen. It never occurred to me that parts would walk away, except maybe the 7-4 lights adapter. That gets locked in the truck along with the transom saver and the glass cover.

Free
Old 09-06-2020, 06:57 AM

I had to replace one this spring. I couldn't find one in southern AB.(retail stores) I had to make my own.
Old 09-06-2020, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale S View Post
I had to replace one this spring. I couldn't find one in southern AB.(retail stores) I had to make my own.
I guess someone had the same issue and wasn't as handy as you...

I've made my own a few times over the years and while not hard it would really pi$$ me off to have to do it because someone stole them.
Old 09-06-2020, 12:08 PM

I just redid mine, BPS in rockyview has both the carpet and bunks in stock.
Old 09-06-2020, 05:05 PM

Trailer parts were also stolen from boat trailers at the Wabamun PP this summer. Last year at the Wabamum town site launch a guy came back in and his trailer was gone.
Old 09-10-2020, 12:21 PM

Quote:
WHAT?!

Dirty thieving scumbags!!

I would LOVE to catch one of those dirtbags in action, they would be BEGGING me to call the cops! Wouldn't be the first time
Old 09-11-2020, 09:30 AM

I'm fairly certain that the same almost happened to me at the Yellowstone launch at Lac St. Anne. We put the boat in with no problems, taking it out one of the bunk boards was floating, only connected by 1 bolt, it wasn't floating when we put in.This was on the long weekend. There were at least 10 other trucks parked at the launch at the time.
Old 09-11-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:

There is a lot more of stoopid and low grade mind sets out there when economies go south ... I had 2 rollers of my boat trailer removed one day @ Crawling Valley of all things ... had to laugh
Old 09-11-2020, 03:15 PM

You guys tried to buy lumber lately?

Someone tired of hitting 7 different lumber yards found a source of materials to finish off his deck maybe?

Ive come back to that launch a few times at 1 am lucky it wasnt me I guess.

crappy deal.
Old 09-11-2020, 03:45 PM

Its Johnny Cash building a trailer "One piece at a time"
Old 09-11-2020, 05:19 PM

I've had stupid stuff stolen when parked at boat ramps everywhere.
1 trailer spare (3) times, they unbolted wheel so I locked stud, then they unbolted the pedestle. from the tongue, so I groud neads off pedsle bolts, then they undone fold hitch and drove pesdetle down tongue and off

2 cross pin from reese hitch and left hitch in reciever wich promply pulled out with boat on trailer on ramp backwards into flowwing river. Thanks guys. Lake Dieffenbaker

3 3 hr old brand new led wireless trailer lights and paddles. While we were overnite in motel. Sasktoon.

4 drain plug, hood off motor, new plastic portable fuel tank, all the pfd's, and fishing poles (6) while in restaurant having breakfast on way to fish last mountain lake sask
But would they take my old beater of a truck nooooooo!