Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-27-2023, 08:26 PM

Default K.Kale 8mm Mauser

Hey everyone, I just recently was given a couple of old rifles that a family member inherited. One of which I don’t have a use for as ammo is not a common find and I have a lee Enfield I would likely use instead if I wanted to use a older rifle on a hunting trip so I’m tossing around the idea of selling or trading it. I can’t find much information price wise at least in Canada on these rifles,. It appears to be a Turkish Mauser chambered in 8mm. It’s stamped K.Kale 1946, it’s a straight bolt and from what I can find is considered a “model 98” due to it cocking when the bolt is first lifted rather then on closing. It’s in fair condition, has marks and dings from over the years but everything feels solid and it fires and cycles smoothly. If anyone has any information about these rifles or a ballpark of what one may be worth I would love to know. Thank you!
Old 08-27-2023, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot82 View Post
Hey everyone, I just recently was given a couple of old rifles that a family member inherited. One of which I don’t have a use for as ammo is not a common find and I have a lee Enfield I would likely use instead if I wanted to use a older rifle on a hunting trip so I’m tossing around the idea of selling or trading it. I can’t find much information price wise at least in Canada on these rifles,. It appears to be a Turkish Mauser chambered in 8mm. It’s stamped K.Kale 1946, it’s a straight bolt and from what I can find is considered a “model 98” due to it cocking when the bolt is first lifted rather then on closing. It’s in fair condition, has marks and dings from over the years but everything feels solid and it fires and cycles smoothly. If anyone has any information about these rifles or a ballpark of what one may be worth I would love to know. Thank you!
Probably an 8X57 Styer/Mannlicher M1895, but not a '98 Mauser, those are turnbolt not straight pull.
I was shooting a buddy's just last week in fact!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mannlicher_M1895
Cat
Old 08-28-2023, 05:54 AM

Default here you go

https://www.shootingtimes.com/editor...history/467075
Old 08-28-2023, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer2 View Post
Thank you!
Old 08-28-2023, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Probably an 8X57 Styer/Mannlicher M1895, but not a '98 Mauser, those are turnbolt not straight pull.
I was shooting a buddy's just last week in fact!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mannlicher_M1895
Cat
Awesome thanks! This one’s not a straight pull it’s just a straightened bolt if that makes sense… I’ll try and upload a picture it’s a low quality photo but should give an idea
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E53C724D-348F-4DC6-8487-C79EF73FB9B4.jpg (15.4 KB, 22 views)

Tags
8mm mauser, mauser, rifle