Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-09-2019, 06:57 PM

All those “decisions” by APOS has been directed by government as to how and what they will do on behalf of the Minister. APOS does not have autonomy on any significant decisions other than club membership issues.

The point is APOS does nothing that is not sanctioned and highly managed and dictated by the Provincial government. The mandate remains in the government to supposedly ensure that Albertans concerns are addressed and that a public resource is appropriately managed.

I guess we can argue semantics, but APOS is nowhere as independent as you suggest Tork.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:11 PM

APOS has one goal, to make as much money as they can, off of our Alberta resources. If they could find a way to get all of the tags for themselves, and have Alberta residents get none, they would be happy.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
APOS has one goal, to make as much money as they can, off of our Alberta resources. If they could find a way to get all of the tags for themselves, and have Alberta residents get none, they would be happy.
So misguided and disgruntled all you can do is laugh. Thanks elk for you insight lol.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper View Post
So misguided and disgruntled all you can do is laugh. Thanks elk for you insight lol.
Misguided? Having a convicted poacher as the president of APOS is misguided, having the most convicted poacher in Alberta history as a director, is misguided.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 06-09-2019 at 07:28 PM.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:03 PM

Well I got my reply several days ago (sorry, was gone for a week).
"Hi CB. I was forwarded your inquiry about Outfitter allocations in WMU 000 and 000 and am happy to provide you with the following information. As APOS responded to your email, there can be FOIPPA issues with divulging some information, specifically if that information is at the personal level (ie. Specific to an individual). At the WMU level, however, we can and do provide this information to the public. So, I am able to provide the following:"

He then listed all the info that I asked for with 1 exception; the number of allocations for 1 species in 1 zone, as there was only 1 outfitter in that zone and therefore would be personal information (is what I assume and I'm ok with that).

For anyone else looking for similar info don't waste your time with APOS, it's initials should stand for something else. Contact the new Director of Policy- Matt Besko, or Dave Kay. I can PM their email address if anyone requires.

Thanks for all the helpful replies.