Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 06-10-2019, 03:49 PM

Default Recommendations

Just looking for a couple recommendations for accommodation. Going to be doing 3 days in Crowsnest area in July on different rivers. Looking for a decent place to stay for a couple nights. B&B, hotel whatever. I would say quality more important than price at this point.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:54 PM

I always stay with family in CPass so can't say from first hand experience, but lots of fishermen stay at Goat Mountain Getaways, which has cabins pretty much on the river near Frank. Also some nice b and bs/cabin rentals near Beaver Mines, which is a nice area and puts you close to the Castle river cutty fishing
Old 06-11-2019, 01:27 PM

Talk about quality. I found this 'gem' south of Beaver Mines a few years ago. Aspen Grove B&B. I make the trip to this area on the August long weekend every year. Stayed there three years in a row now. $85/night for single, $105 for double. Reserved through the website a few months ago and no answer. Tried calling directly and no answer. Don't know what's going on as the website is still active.

Went to plan B and booked at the Travelodge in Pincher Creek.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:29 PM

I've stayed at both the BCMInns and Paddock Inn in Coleman and was happy with both. Both were comparable but on the highway. Coleman's convenient if you are planning on heading North on the Forestry Trunk road to the Oldman - Livingstone. Rum Runner Pub in Coleman and Pure Country in Blairmore have decent menus.
Ken
Old 06-12-2019, 10:50 AM

Thanks Ken. I have eaten many times at Pure country on other trips. We had a cabin we used to rent just east by the scales and would fish all over the area. I remember they had great wings and pizza.
This trip is more Michel and upper elk based but I don't like giving BC too much of my money.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:51 PM

I was going to suggest Adanac (stumbling distance from the Crow), then saw that closer to the border may be more convenient for you. We stayed at cabins at Crowsnest Mountain Resort several years back, and it was just fine then. Can't give you any up to date intel though. Both places have a website with contact info.