Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-15-2019, 03:38 PM

Default Nuremberg

I didn't want to highjack the "Midway" thread, so I thought I'd post this about the Nuremberg TV miniseries in 2 parts.

Its about the Nuremberg Trials of nazis scum after WW2, and I thought it was pretty true-to-life - no 'over acting', no hype and no blaring 'suspense music', and loud sound effects like in most so-called documentaries lately. Its not a documentary, but comes across like one - "docudrama"............

Check it out.

I thought "Midway" was pretty good!

And off-topic, The Japanese have nothing to snivel about for being nuked, considering the way they treated Allied POWs, and the populations of occupied countries. China got the brunt of it.
Old 11-15-2019, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckincity View Post
I didn't want to highjack the "Midway" thread, so I thought I'd post this about the Nuremberg TV miniseries in 2 parts.

Its about the Nuremberg Trials of nazis scum after WW2, and I thought it was pretty true-to-life - no 'over acting', no hype and no blaring 'suspense music', and loud sound effects like in most so-called documentaries lately. Its not a documentary, but comes across like one - "docudrama"............

Check it out.

I thought "Midway" was pretty good!

And off-topic, The Japanese have nothing to snivel about for being nuked, considering the way they treated Allied POWs, and the populations of occupied countries. China got the brunt of it.
They killed 250,000 chinese for helping American Airmen. War is brutal but that was above and beyond.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 11-15-2019, 06:33 PM

Do some research on unit 731 if you really want to be upset with the Japanese.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogie View Post
Do some research on unit 731 if you really want to be upset with the Japanese.
The Japanese have never admitted to atrociousness committed by them and are still in denial. Mac Arthur had a soft spot for them and as a result they never faced the same scale of prosecution as the Germans. Too Bad.

Grizz
Old 11-16-2019, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
The Japanese have never admitted to atrociousness committed by them and are still in denial. Mac Arthur had a soft spot for them and as a result they never faced the same scale of prosecution as the Germans. Too Bad.

Grizz
I think it had to do more with there research done on living humans that the Americans wanted. Much of our knowledge about modern treatments came from them. They would use a human subject , infect them with disease and cut them open alive to find out how the organs react. Frostbite treatment was another one, freeze a human and see best way to treat them. They had an endless supply of test humans . Absolutely horrible acts committed by them on living humans.

Many of the criminals went on after the war unprosecuted and in high up positions in medical research companies.

Japan has never admitted to any war crimes, they were absolute savages. There is a reason North Korea launches missile tests in Japan's area .