Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-12-2018, 09:22 AM

Default Straight Shooters Indoor Range Calgary

Has anyone been up to this range in NE Calgary? I was just wondering if anyone had any comments on how it compares to the Calgary Shooting Center and TSE.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:51 AM

Thumbs up

I can't provide a comparison, but what I saw was quite impressive. They use the same self-contained shooting lanes that the Las Vegas shooting ranges use. Each set of lanes has it's own positive pressure air flow, so all the smoke is pulled downrange and dissipated almost immediately.
They allow center fire rifles, can't remember if they had a limit on caliber/power.
Definitely worth checking them out.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 11-12-2018, 10:35 AM

It’s owned by Western Metals, who sell lots of reloading components and new and remanufactured ammo. I have not used the range there but I did pop in when I was doing some contracting two bays over in the same building (a gas line for a soon-to-open marijuana store, lol). The shooting lanes are shipping containers so your group isn’t crowded in with other groups. The shooting range and the pot store are about 130 and 120 meters from the district 4 police station, respectively