Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-23-2009, 10:35 PM

Default Working in God's Country

I'm working on a house sitting on acreage out towards Bragg Creek. Man, what I wouldn't give to be able to grab a parcel and build out here, myself. I made the pictures large, so you can appreciate the beauty. I'll be out here for a couple of weeks. Just love it. No traffic, and get to bring the dog with me.

Old 12-23-2009, 11:16 PM

Probably have to marry exceedingly well, or win the lottery, to afford even a couple of acres there. It is gorgeous country.

Grizz
Old 12-23-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Dave View Post
No traffic, and get to bring the dog with me.
No traffic???? I guess you haven't commuted with the flow of traffic from Bragg to Calgary. The wife's co-workers who live out there all say that the traffic, especially in the winter, can be brutal.

The Province really needs to get off the pot and twin highway 8. It makes me sick when I see all the twinned highways around Edmonton, and even 22X down here isn't fully twinned yet. It is a disgrace, and Calgarians shouldn't put up with it any longer.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB2506 View Post
No traffic???? I guess you haven't commuted with the flow of traffic from Bragg to Calgary. The wife's co-workers who live out there all say that the traffic, especially in the winter, can be brutal.

The Province really needs to get off the pot and twin highway 8. It makes me sick when I see all the twinned highways around Edmonton, and even 22X down here isn't fully twinned yet. It is a disgrace, and Calgarians shouldn't put up with it any longer.
No, I'm going the other way. But when you drive all over the city on a daily basis, using Deerfoot, Crowchild, Glenmore, etc...then I don't care what anyone says.....that drive is not "traffic"...its a peaceful drive. The only ones that can't stand the Bragg-Calgary drive along 22x are the ones that want to make into town within 20 minutes and drive at 130. I pass about 20 cars on my way out to Priddis. Hardly warrants a "twinning".
Old 12-24-2009, 08:34 AM

Bragg Creek used to be my dream. I've been going there for years as a getaway from the city. BEAUTIFUL!

Unfortunately, I'm not rich and never will be. Then again, pretty much all of Alberta has gone down the drain in that sense.. we just can't afford the prices there anymore. Good for sellers, sucks for buyers.

I grew up there and can't afford to live there, pretty sad.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:58 AM

yeah it is expensive there. Im finding some stuff a little further south.
Does anyone know what the surrounding area of This piece is like? 2.5 acres for $259k.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:40 AM

Enjoy your time there. It sure is a beautiful place.
By the way, nice pics.

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 12-24-2009, 11:37 AM

I'll be out there a couple weeks yet. Here's what Im doing. Check the size of this guys shower out: