Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-23-2009, 08:21 PM

Default Child Restraint Installation in Calgary

Can anyone recommend someone who does child restraint (car seat) installation in Calgary (prefer Huntington/Beddington area)? It isn't LATCH or UAS installation and at least one anchor needs installed.

I hate installing these things . . . . . . and it is a different make from our other one. I'd rather just pay someone to do it properly.

PMs are great. THX

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:24 PM

We had our dodge done at the dealership. I believe they did the install for free as it was some type of thing they "include" with the vehicle although it wasn't on it when we bought it.

tm
Old 12-23-2009, 10:39 PM

depends on the year of the vehicle. well at least that is what we where told. have 91 gm truck and had a friend help me put 3 along the back of the cab. the latch piece came with a little bit of instructions on how to do it. i was quoted something like 100.00 from the mechanic to do the same thing we did. the qoute from gm was even higher.
what style vehicle and how old is it? but for people around that area i donot know. as i usually take my truck and car down off of 17 ave se.
maybe midas in the hunterhorn plaza may be able to direct you someone who can do it.
mike
Old 12-24-2009, 08:22 AM

I think the truck is a '96 Sierra Ext Cab, but I'm not totally sure about that.

Hubby is being difficult about putting it in. He figures he has less patience than me, and that if it makes me crazy it'll really upset him. He's been bugging me for a couple of weeks about getting a child seat for the truck, and now that he's got one---which cost over $300---he can't take the time to figure out how to put it in!

It is complicated by the subwoofer stuffed behind the back seat. I think the subwoofer is going to interfere with installing the anchors. I'd rather have someone else tell him that, if that's the case though.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAisling View Post
I think the truck is a '96 Sierra Ext Cab, but I'm not totally sure about that.

Hubby is being difficult about putting it in. He figures he has less patience than me, and that if it makes me crazy it'll really upset him. He's been bugging me for a couple of weeks about getting a child seat for the truck, and now that he's got one---which cost over $300---he can't take the time to figure out how to put it in!

It is complicated by the subwoofer stuffed behind the back seat. I think the subwoofer is going to interfere with installing the anchors. I'd rather have someone else tell him that, if that's the case though.
A dealer will do it, but I'm not sure how much they charge if any at all.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:48 AM

i have a 91 ext cab and the sub woofer will not really interfer if as the install area is just under the back window. i had a friend help me put in 3 along the back. i just took the coiver that is behind the back seat and it is sitting in the basement as i didnot want to cut it up. just need to buy washers that have the rubber ring. this will help in not allowing the rain in. can also use silicone to to help with it also. think i did both cannot remeber now. had it done in late august and still no leaks yet. i did find a site that i had a web site that showed you where to put them. but it must be on my other computer. if i find it i will pass it on.
i had to put the 3 clips in as the wife is now driving the kids around from her day home.
mike
Old 12-24-2009, 11:58 AM

here is the guide i used to install my clips.
http://recall.djgusa.com/services/pr...enginstruc.pdf
mike
Old 12-24-2009, 12:43 PM

Thanks so much, Mike The PDF, in addition to your post, should get the other-half on the right track.

If not, he can pay to have it done.

Old 12-24-2009, 12:52 PM

you're welcome. do realise this though. the wife bugged me for over 6 months even when i had all the parts and the pdf file to get it done. so it might not happen over night though.
mike