Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-18-2012, 10:49 AM

Default Hunting Blinds

Looking for some insight I have never used a hunting blind but was looking to pick one up this year. I am a bigger guy 6'1. I hunt rifle and bow any thoughts on great blinds or ones I should stay away from.

Thanks
Old 06-18-2012, 11:45 AM

I am also 6'1 i got a amerstep brick blind last year ,my buddy and me have enough room for the bow and rifle it is pretty easy to set up good shooting lanes and good price. The only thing it dosnt have is the sent lock thing.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:17 PM

i bought a red head blackout blind i think its called. got it last summer and got my first archery kill out of it. lots of room inside for two people, two 6 ft guys no prob. thing i liked about the red head is that the material is like a woven canvas type, which has been pretty durable. watch out for some blinds that have velcro windows/shoot through mesh, which is a real pain due to noise. the red head has zippers
Old 06-19-2012, 08:01 AM

Thanks for the insight. I am going to go shop around a little this weekend time permitting.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:24 AM

I'm 5'10 I picked up an Ameristep Intimidator 2 Blind, this thing has a lot of room should be more then enough for your height. I'm a bow hunter, not a rifle and it is very bow friendly, large 360 degree windows with shoot thru mesh screen (not that i would). The windows have magents to keep it in place and they are strong. only the mesh has zippers.

The box said it was a 2 person set up, but i can do it by myself, and it comes with a backpack style duffle bag to carry it. It's a little pricy but it was well worth the investment. The other blind that might be good for your height is the Harvester blind http://ameristep.com/blinds/harvester.html
Old 06-19-2012, 11:08 AM

I used a Costco blind last year, Easy setup, awesome windows for gun or bow. lots of room. This year i bought a ameristep bone collector... almost a carbon copy for three times the price if i could do it again i would have bought two Costco blinds.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:16 AM

I also have the Bone Collector and love it. It is a little taller and has bigger windows than the Brick House which is really nice especially for the bow. I didn't know Costco had blinds but if they are the same thing for less money I would check them out for sure. Canadian Tire has the Ameristep ones on sale quite often though too.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:54 AM

I had no idea Costco had blinds I will defeintly check it out. Thanks
Old 06-19-2012, 12:12 PM

Three words .. Primos Double Bull!!!
Old 06-19-2012, 12:21 PM

I agree with drop tine. Nothing beats a primos double bull
Old 06-19-2012, 01:44 PM

x2 Double bull is the Cadillac of hunting blinds, I checked to be sure and Costco still has there blinds online. Free delivery.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cstairs View Post
x2 Double bull is the Cadillac of hunting blinds, I checked to be sure and Costco still has there blinds online. Free delivery.
Had a look at the costco blind looks pretty good. Went on the Cabelas website and looked at the Double Bull I thought it looked good, saw alot of negative reviews about windows, letting to much light in, window placement etc. Also Cabelas website says they no longer carry this product.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:03 PM

I've got a three Kill Zone blinds and love them, great company to deal with and i had them within 3 days of ordering, i like them better the the Bouble Bull my buddy has and they are under 100 bucks. check them out on the Net