Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-03-2009, 02:29 PM

Default anyone have a seabright boat?

im looking into a new seabright inflatable boat. i want the 10' - 6" size.
my brother bought the 16' last summer and it looks and floats great. the price on these boats is real good and i like the fact i can carry it in my travel trailer and still have the back of my truck for my quad. any info good or bad would be great.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:46 PM

Default inflatable

I cant comment on seabright, but I do own a Saturn from boatstogo.com
I have a 12ft (largest in which u can get the inflatable floor) and love it. I wish I could have gone bigger, but prefer the ease of the inflatable floor and lightness of the entire boat (85lbs total)

IMO 10'6 is too small for anything other than being by yourself. Even my 12 footer is tight with two guys and gear. I use mine primarily for floating the bow and red deer, but have used it with my 9.9 at the time for lakes. If u have the room and bodies to help carry, and if u dont mind the extra weight and set-up of a wood or aluminum floor, my advice would be to get on in the 14ft range. That way u are not not having to upgrade in a year or two.

The prices on seabright dont seem to great if u ask me. Check boatstogo and rubberduck inflatables for better pricing IMO. Hypalon is nice "if" your boat will be inflated and serve its lifspan sitting out in the baking sun. If not, the PVC is more than adequate. Treat the boat with some 303 and it will last for years. I'm on my 4th year and mine looks brand new.

PM me if u have any questions
Old 04-03-2009, 07:00 PM

Default seabright

I got a seabright inflateable.
Mine is the 12'6 model.
Like camshaft, I really enjoy it.
I bought a 2 hp gas motor for it but then traded that for a minnkota 50#. It works great. I can cruise all day on one battery. the boat just glides along the surface. You can stand on one side and jump off and the boat doesnt tip at all.
I really like the inflateable floor as its easy and comfortable.
I have a little dc plug that i plug into the minnkota battery and inflate the boat in about 15 minutes. Its about 100# and ive portage it with a friend about 0.5 km but pretty tough after that. Deflated down to abit bigger than a hockey bag.
I always keep it clean and scrub it clean at the end of the season and store inside and mine looks brand new still after 2 years.
Seabright shipped right to my door.
Heres some pics of mine, if your interested in this size,pm me. I might be willing to sell, as my family is growing and they got no interest in spending all day in a boat.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:25 PM

Default Seabright

Hi! I bought my Seabright last year. I used it eight times before the season ended, wrapped it up and tucked it away in the basement til spring. When I took it out this spring, one of the seams had failed in the floor, leaving a 14 inch hole! When I talked to Seabright, his remark was "Must be operator abuse." I was two months past the warranty. I took it to an inflatable repair shop in Calgary. The technician showed me how little glue had been used on the seam - he said no wonder it failed! Steer clear of Seabright!
Old 07-26-2017, 02:38 AM

Default Seabright 12'6"

I've got the bigger 12'6" model. The 380p. Have had it for about 5 years I think now. Had just a 50 lb thrust motor initially for electric only ponds.. er.. lakes ya call them here in Alberta. Then had a an old 5 HP Evinrude that worked ok for a little putt putt. But managed about 35 km/hr with the Tohatsu 20HP outboard! HEHE.

When my buddy and I go fishing, by the time I load it up with the outboard and the trolling motor, a battery (got the electric start 20HP), another box that I've rigged up with a sealed battery and the fish finder, and some other stuff, there's still room for a few passengers (wives went with us on one run). Can't say what the 10' would be like.

I did get the seat covers/bag units from Daniel and Leslie at Seabright. Those covers make the aluminum benches more comfortable and lots of storage room under the seat as a result.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:07 AM

Here's a few pictures of my boat and the rack set up I've got for hauling the boat on my truck with the main pontoons inflated (but not the keel). It's a bit of a handful getting the boat with the aluminum deck onto the rack, but we've done it a few times now and makes it a lot easier when camping.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t0m36xpjwk...21331.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uruqakuvrm...HDR-1.jpg?dl=0

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk