Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-05-2011, 01:21 PM

Default Thoughts on savage 10 precision carbine?

I'm interested in getting a quick handling .308. Has anybody got any experience with this Savage rifle? It sounds like it might fit the bill for what I am looking for. I would appreciate any insights you might have re. this rifle, or opinions on other bolt .308's that would make for good utility, all use rifle.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:32 PM

308 is hard to beat.for an all rounder.
i have a savage predator 10 in 22-250 its really awesome, its deadly on coyotes and rarely misses them.
i have a remiigton 308 that i use out to 1100 yards, but everyone makes em, depends if you want the tactical look,hunting,featherweight,synthetic molded stock,stainless or blue, all the major manufacturers should make a handy 308. it just sucks if you get a bad barreled one.
go look into shooterschoice in calgary and pick up a super lightwieght kimber in 308. its gonna be my next one for mountain hunting. that might not be pleasent for the shooting range though.

the regular savage 10 is a tactical looking rifle right??? i was at the range where another guy had one,said it was accurate and good. we were competing,his vs my remington.lol. cant remember who won.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:43 PM

I also have a Savage model 10 Predator, but in .243 Win. The Precision Carbine is for all purposes the same gun in a larger calibre. They're a great value (a common trait with all Savages) and are very accurate. Being medium-heavy barreled they are a bit bulkier than necessary, but it helps out on range day, or if you're varminting with it like my .243's dual role. Ruger has their Gunsite Scout in a shorter .308 that falls into a similar category to the Savage Precision Carbine.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:00 PM

i have a model 10 in .300 wsm! It is my go to gun now! was ringing gongs out to 800 yards all day saturday with factory ammo! With a simms limbsaver I shot well over 60 rounds on sat and no stiff shoulder or nothing! My best gun in my arsenal!
Old 09-06-2011, 10:23 AM

I have a Savage Predator 10 in 204 - it rules. Fast becoming my favorite rifle in the arsenal.

That damn thing just sends the rounds where you point it - who knew?