Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-28-2021, 07:33 AM

Default Changes to your Firearms Licence Conditions

More freedom lost email this morning

A change has recently come into force to the Firearms Act as part of Bill C-71, An Act to amend certain Acts and Regulations in relation to firearms. The change has resulted in the removal of the following conditions related to the transport of restricted/prohibited firearms from your licence:

Transport of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to a port of exit, in order to take them outside Canada and from a port of entry.
Transport of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to and from a gun show.
Transport of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to and from a business that holds a licence authorizing it to repair or appraise prohibited or restricted firearms.
Transport of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to and from any place a peace officer, firearms officer or chief firearms officer is located for verification, registration or disposal in accordance with the Firearms Act and Part III of the Criminal Code.
If you wish to transport your restricted/prohibited firearm for one of the above purposes, you must apply for an Authorization to Transport to your Chief Firearms Officer. To contact your Chief Firearms Officer, please call 1 800 731-4000.

All affected licence holders will be mailed a formal notification of the changes to the Authorizations to Transport, including your current updated licence conditions.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:43 AM
Banned

What a pile of @#$%!!!!!! and There is the reason why my wife and I sold all our restricted toys.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
What a pile of @#$%!!!!!! and There is the reason why my wife and I sold all our restricted toys.
Which is exactly what the liberals want.....
Old 07-28-2021, 08:44 AM

So what are our western Provence’s chief firearms officers doing about this? Will they just reissue the transpiration papers or do they have orders from the filthy liberals and RCMP to not reissue new papers ?
Old 07-28-2021, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
Well you sure showed them....
Old 07-28-2021, 09:00 AM

Yet many will vote for the "child who would be king" in the next election ... Because it could never happen here, or he has such nice hair, and those socks OMG .... Too die for ...
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 07-28-2021, 09:05 AM

The Gangsta's will need an ATT for drive by shooting's, Liberals crushing gun crime what a joke
Old 07-28-2021, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
The Gangsta's will need an ATT for drive by shooting's, Liberals crushing gun crime what a joke
You nailed it. If we make shooting someone 9 times illegal instead of 3 they will think twice....
Old 07-28-2021, 11:28 AM

These changes make everyone safer.
Old 07-28-2021, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
These changes make everyone safer.
What a farce.

RCMP BW

A change has recently come into force to the Firearms Act as part of Bill C-71, An Act to amend certain Acts and Regulations in relation to firearms. The change has resulted in the removal of the following conditions related to the transport of restricted/prohibited firearms from your licence:

Transport of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to a port of exit, in order to take them outside Canada and from a port of entry.
Transport of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to and from a gun show.
Transport of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to and from a business that holds a licence authorizing it to repair or appraise prohibited or restricted firearms.
Transport of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to and from any place a peace officer, firearms officer or chief firearms officer is located for verification, registration or disposal in accordance with the Firearms Act and Part III of the Criminal Code.
If you wish to transport your restricted/prohibited firearm for one of the above purposes, you must apply for an Authorization to Transport to your Chief Firearms Officer. To contact your Chief Firearms Officer, please call 1 800 731-4000.

All affected licence holders will be mailed a formal notification of the changes to the Authorizations to Transport, including your current updated licence conditions.

Canadian Firearms Program
Royal Canadian Mounted Police
https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firearms
Tel: 1-800-731-4000 (toll free)
Old 07-28-2021, 09:23 PM

These changes don’t even make sense are they just trying to prevent export to USA bc of the oic.?
Old 07-29-2021, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyJack View Post
These changes don’t even make sense are they just trying to prevent export to USA bc of the oic.?
I think in the next election they will say how they made restricted harder to transport around our cities. BS but I think they will say it.
Old 07-29-2021, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyallpeder View Post
I think in the next election they will say how they made restricted harder to transport around our cities. BS but I think they will say it.
Yup the Lieberals will do their best peacock impression, strut their stuff and show off their socks. Then tell you how they saved the world from us bad hunters, While actually doing nothing, much like a proud cut steer in a corral full of heifers.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 07-30-2021, 04:55 PM

Got mine in the mail today.
Old 07-30-2021, 09:00 PM

Got mine in email today. It said the paper copy is on its way.
Old 07-30-2021, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Yup the Lieberals will do their best peacock impression, strut their stuff and show off their socks. Then tell you how they saved the world from us bad hunters, While actually doing nothing, much like a proud cut steer in a corral full of heifers.
Nice.
Old 07-30-2021, 09:20 PM

Just think of all the lives this will save.

Got my email moments ago as well.

These policies are not about public safety, they are about having the appearance of doing something while accomplishing nothing, and the ignorant will applaud and vote Liberal again.

Like the gangbangers over on Jane and Finch are going to call in to get an ATT for a drive by.

Death by a thousand cuts. And selling off all your restricted firearms is just giving them what they want. A compliant disarmed citizenry. Much easier to control.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 07-31-2021, 06:21 AM

It's almost as if the sole purpose of all of these changes to the firearms laws was pure vindictiveness against legal owners of guns.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Death by a thousand cuts. And selling off all your restricted firearms is just giving them what they want. A compliant disarmed citizenry. Much easier to control.
Wait, I’m supposed to sell not buy restricted? Well I screwed up then…
On an interesting note, I didn’t have to submit proof of belonging to a range for my first restricted.
Old 07-31-2021, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
More freedom lost email this morning

Being owner of 20+ handguns I personally don’t see any problems .
Still with thise conditions can go to the range or IPSC competition without asking for ATT.
PS. Thanks God or because of buying good guns ( no Glocks and other plastic except HK) no need to go to gunsmith...
and if need it won’t be the biggest problem to call and ask to email me att, which I would receive in 20 min

Last edited by sailor; 07-31-2021 at 07:06 PM.
Old 08-02-2021, 09:19 AM

I’m not seeing what is different here. I thought when you had a hand gun you could only transport it to and from a gun club. None of these listed are gun clubs
Old 08-02-2021, 09:46 AM

But to and from a range is still ok?

I do t transport anywhere other than that. Just want to be sure.
Old 08-02-2021, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by therookie View Post
But to and from a range is still ok?

I do t transport anywhere other than that. Just want to be sure.
That's correct. You need to call for an ATT to go anywhere other then range.

Such stupidity.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone