Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 05-26-2017, 09:29 PM

Default Bear cruzer

Shot a friends Bear Cruzer awhile back and was very impressed with it. I havnt bow hunted for about 5 years. I have a Mathews monster but my son has seemed to taken a liking to it. These Bear archery bows seem to have come along way in the last few years. Does anyone know who sells them in Edmonton besides Cabelas ?

Last edited by 6tmile; 05-26-2017 at 09:34 PM.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:53 PM
Banned

Lawrence had them out at Accurate Archery.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:09 PM

I'm pretty sure wholesale has them too. But that's still not really supporting local. Accurate archery had them last year when I was there.
Old 06-11-2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter9841 View Post
I'm pretty sure wholesale has them too. But that's still not really supporting local. Accurate archery had them last year when I was there.
Why not? they are a Western Canadian store started in Alberta

I am very biased though when it comes to wss, seen as how i work there...

SUN TZU
Old 06-11-2017, 10:08 AM

Was in to see lawrance yesterday he carries bear and he is a great guy to deal with. Great service you should go check out his shop.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriPPiNvdUb View Post
Why not? they are a Western Canadian store started in Alberta

I am very biased though when it comes to wss, seen as how i work there...
Owned by Canadian Tire which is American now, is it not?
Typically local means your small mom and pop shops. The people that give a rip and have everything on the line. Big box stores don't really have the local vibe. The Brick started in Edmonton. So is that supporting local too? Not exactly the kind of store that comes to mind when people think of supporting local. Running Room started in Edmonton too. Less of the big box store vibe than the brick, but I don't think the owner would be out of money if all the stores closed tomorrow. Supporting local typically refers to those places that your neighbour sacrifices future financial security and family time to serve you better in the hopes and dreams of achieving much more than making it financially. It is about the customers and their satisfaction. The kind of place that bad reviews will close shop and put the owner in mortgage trouble. Under Armor isn't exactly hurting because a few people in the hunting community didn't like the brand after "the speared bear" incident. The mom and pop shops unable to sell the merchandise would've felt the crunch. The local owner is the same person giving to local charities and volunteering in the community because they care.

Sorry for the derail. I feel strongly that the backbone of Alberta has always been these kinds of hard working business owners and many of them have been struggling for the last two years. Crazy numbers of businesses going under in that time. More to come. But those same people will be a part of building our province back up. Because they're resilient. Because they're committed. Because they're in it for us all.

Please find the local shop instead of cabelas. Sounds like accurate archery may be one of those places but I don't know ???
Old 06-12-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoseto View Post
Owned by Canadian Tire which is American now, is it not?

Typically local means your small mom and pop shops. The people that give a rip and have everything on the line. Big box stores don't really have the local vibe. The Brick started in Edmonton. So is that supporting local too? Not exactly the kind of store that comes to mind when people think of supporting local. Running Room started in Edmonton too. Less of the big box store vibe than the brick, but I don't think the owner would be out of money if all the stores closed tomorrow. Supporting local typically refers to those places that your neighbour sacrifices future financial security and family time to serve you better in the hopes and dreams of achieving much more than making it financially. It is about the customers and their satisfaction. The kind of place that bad reviews will close shop and put the owner in mortgage trouble. Under Armor isn't exactly hurting because a few people in the hunting community didn't like the brand after "the speared bear" incident. The mom and pop shops unable to sell the merchandise would've felt the crunch. The local owner is the same person giving to local charities and volunteering in the community because they care.

Sorry for the derail. I feel strongly that the backbone of Alberta has always been these kinds of hard working business owners and many of them have been struggling for the last two years. Crazy numbers of businesses going under in that time. More to come. But those same people will be a part of building our province back up. Because they're resilient. Because they're committed. Because they're in it for us all.

Please find the local shop instead of cabelas. Sounds like accurate archery may be one of those places but I don't know ???

Just an FYI. Wholesale is owned by UFA. That would United Farmers of ALBERTA. Sounds pretty local to me but carry on with your uniformed rant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blgoodbrand1 View Post
Just an FYI. Wholesale is owned by UFA. That would United Farmers of ALBERTA. Sounds pretty local to me but carry on with your uniformed rant.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Uninformed rant? I wasn't sure about the ownership so I posed it as a question. That's what the question mark means.
Do you care to comment on the rest of it? Is the rest of my rant uninformed? Do you prefer to support the big box stores over the mom and pop shops? UFA is a co-op and I have a membership. I have no issues with supporting it, but I know that purchasing archery gear from the "little guy" helps him way more than purchasing my gear from WSS would help UFA.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:48 PM

Just as a FYI, The UFA in Pincher Creek is a liquidation center for WSS and they have a lot of Bear Cruzer in all colors in stock for really good price. My 11 year old son shoot one and if I am not carefull he will out shoot me soon. Great bow to get kids initiated to compound archery.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchunter View Post
Just as a FYI, The UFA in Pincher Creek is a liquidation center for WSS and they have a lot of Bear Cruzer in all colors in stock for really good price. My 11 year old son shoot one and if I am not carefull he will out shoot me soon. Great bow to get kids initiated to compound archery.

This is an excellent FYI that I was 100% unaware of. Thanks for the tip! Will be checking it out the next time I pass through.

Old 07-06-2017, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6tmile View Post
Shot a friends Bear Cruzer awhile back and was very impressed with it. I havnt bow hunted for about 5 years. I have a Mathews monster but my son has seemed to taken a liking to it. These Bear archery bows seem to have come along way in the last few years. Does anyone know who sells them in Edmonton besides Cabelas ?

I started with a bear cruzer, great bow IMO. Reliable, shot well, economical. I have since moved on to a higher end bear bow, but the cruzer lives on with my old man and little brother. Only thing that I found is you will have to self tune it quite a bit from factory. First thing you will want to do is look down on it vertically, you more then likely notice that the the whisker biscuit, sights, stabilizer all seem to be on their own lines instead of working together as one. Other then that, it will pump arrows through over and over with no issue.

Old 07-07-2017, 05:48 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarky View Post
I started with a bear cruzer, great bow IMO. Reliable, shot well, economical. I have since moved on to a higher end bear bow, but the cruzer lives on with my old man and little brother. Only thing that I found is you will have to self tune it quite a bit from factory. First thing you will want to do is look down on it vertically, you more then likely notice that the the whisker biscuit, sights, stabilizer all seem to be on their own lines instead of working together as one. Other then that, it will pump arrows through over and over with no issue.

There ya have it, and as for shopping locally well if the local establishment marks up to the point you are sending thier kids to university move on, he'll it's your cash eh!
Good luck and enjoy the new bow!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...