Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 02-17-2014, 08:31 PM

Default Just another crappy bow day

Well I don't know what I'm doing wrong this year but I have ****ed of the gods of the Bow Eiver somehow. I have a funny feeling I'm not the only one. I'm chalking up to the new flow of the river and the inaccesability of the deeper pools as the ice shelfs are scetchy at best. I'm really frustrated this year. Well at least the spots I can access will be great in the summer.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:35 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rycoma View Post
Well I don't know what I'm doing wrong this year but I have ****ed of the gods of the Bow Eiver somehow. I have a funny feeling I'm not the only one. I'm chalking up to the new flow of the river and the inaccesability of the deeper pools as the ice shelfs are scetchy at best. I'm really frustrated this year. Well at least the spots I can access will be great in the summer.
Full moon blues, sat on pine watched 40-50 pike ignore multiple sizes of multiple baits. Two weeks from now try again it be far more productive. Imo not your fault or the rivers.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:24 PM
Banned

Chalk it up to the solunar table and the weather.

It was kind of painful after the flood to head down to a favorite pool or run only to find the pool blown out and the run gone.

I think overall the condition of the river has improved, though changed, and I have seen more fish over all and some real crankers and several pb's post flood.

just gotta find some new spots which is super tough in the winter.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:03 PM

kinda tough this is the only time of year I fish the Bow oh well 10 years of learning down the tubes. Looking forward to pike opener and stream opener
Old 02-18-2014, 07:35 PM

I did great on friday, couple to hand on sunday. Whitefish were going nuts on sunday where i was.

Just have to put the time in to find the schools of fish.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:25 PM
Banned

Had a few browns to hand today, 4 on line - 3 to hand. From 1-3:30 they were taking olive flashback hares ear in size 14. All fish were in 15"-17" range and looking healthy, found 'em in a deep slow pool. Tried fishing faster shallower parts but didn't find anything.