Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-21-2020, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abenaki-warrior View Post
After reading all this, Quebec seems to be worse than afghanistan. I dare any of you guys to check for references any of the ao members that i have dealt with just for fun on how the transactions were and if they would deal with me again. I have left the chevreuil.net hunting forum here because being native wasn’t easy on that forum. Maybe one of your members here by the name of pierre tessier might remember me. Now I’m wondering about my membership as an ao’er. Nothing funny here either. I always read and shut up. But now what the ****, maybe some of you didin't have good experiences with people from Quebec, thats just like you may have a scammer from your province as well. Scammers are all over not only in Quebec. I am understanding why the las 6 or seven transactions i have had here that i never got rated. When i transact now i wait for the rating first and the i will rate.
And now, maybe some will just tell me too f*** off and if so well i just might. Join date 12-30-2008 when will the last day be?
Abenaki-Warrior

So you can't stay on a Quebec hunting forum because of rampant discrimination but you want to stand up for the good character and ethics of Quebec shooters. Things that make you go Hmmmm!
Old 10-21-2020, 02:39 AM

not just residents, I make sure when I am grocery shopping that my products are not made in Quebec. I despise everything about that province.

i go so far as to even stop at a different grocery store for my dairy if need be. Support AB farmers, not QC farmers.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I don't buy or sell to Quebec residents, I even avoid X-reload now.
I like X-reload, but Their motto should be: “We sell everything but carry nothing”

-Billy Molls

Last edited by Pathfinder76; 10-21-2020 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
not just residents, I make sure when I am grocery shopping that my products are not made in Quebec. I despise everything about that province.

i go so far as to even stop at a different grocery store for my dairy if need be. Support AB farmers, not QC farmers.
I have always taken this position. A number of years ago I was close to buying an expensive dining table. When I found out it was made in Quebec I walked. I would not buy a fish hook from Quebec.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post

X 2...
A good buddy and I were having breakfast at a nearby A & W and when our order arrived he looked at the container his milk came in. It stated, along the lines of, Quebec Dairy Association, he called the manager to complain and he refused too drink it and wanted a refund.

His argument was there are a lot of local dairy farmers we need to support; Quebec won't even buy our oil.

He lost his business with the Turds poor energy decisions.

We have not been back to A & W.

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:07 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
After reading all this, Quebec seems to be worse than afghanistan. I dare any of you guys to check for references any of the ao members that i have dealt with just for fun on how the transactions were and if they would deal with me again. I have left the chevreuil.net hunting forum here because being native wasn’t easy on that forum. Maybe one of your members here by the name of pierre tessier might remember me. Now I’m wondering about my membership as an ao’er. Nothing funny here either. I always read and shut up. But now what the ****, maybe some of you didin't have good experiences with people from Quebec, thats just like you may have a scammer from your province as well. Scammers are all over not only in Quebec. I am understanding why the las 6 or seven transactions i have had here that i never got rated. When i transact now i wait for the rating first and the i will rate.
And now, maybe some will just tell me too f*** off and if so well i just might. Join date 12-30-2008 when will the last day be?
Abenaki-Warrior
meatheads come from all provinces and walks of life.....if I dealt with you here I would have rated accordingly but I have not....got a JM stamped rifle 44 mag no cross bolt for sale?

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-21-2020, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Abenaki-Warrior

Ever think its an attitude like that is what makes us hate Quebec and the french so much in the first place? I did try to make a deal with you a few years ago and I can say you were not exactly pleasant to deal with. Im glad the deal feel through.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 10-21-2020, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Abenaki-Warrior
Well...that was just..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _pdp_sq_.jpg (72.5 KB, 61 views)
Old 10-21-2020, 09:51 AM
Banned

From a retail perspective with a strong online presence, we hesitate to do any transactions that originate from Quebec...been burned too many times.
Not until we have verified where the person works and such will we ship to that province.
It has to do with the fact that Quebec law is based on Napoleonic Code rather than common law like the rest of Canada. It means that it is nearly impossible to prosecute when sales laws (in the rest of Canada) are broken.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:56 AM

i do everything to not do business outside of Canada, quebec falls into that for me. Anytime I have had dealings with those surrender monkeys it goes south, 5 years ago I chose to write them off.
Old 10-21-2020, 10:05 AM

The sales attitudes held by Western Canadians towards Quebec are well warranted.

If their Citizens take offence to Western Canadian Attitudes towards Quebec, who cares? They do not give one thought to shutting down a pipeline that would have brought Canadian Oil to Eastern Refineries. However, they were still quick to profiteer on Western Natural Gas with a pipeline to their proposed LNG facility.

Pity that the project fell apart when Warren Buffet pulled his money out of the deal.

I guess the SNC Lavalin Affair, and Bombardier plane / rail fiasco, was enough of an education on doing business with Quebec.

Drewski
Old 10-21-2020, 10:23 AM

You can't choose where your born but you sure can choose where you live. To me any good Quebec'r has long since left. By staying your accepting the and aligning with what Quebec stands for which is polar opposite to what I stand for. When Quebec stops taking transfer payments, supports western canada both politically and with their money and starts to help Canada on the whole maybe then I'll consider it. Until then I wouldn't deal with anyone living there. Buying or selling. I won't support quebec based companies either
Old 10-21-2020, 10:25 AM

Are BRP machines (Can-am, Skii-doo) all made in Quebec as well?
Old 10-21-2020, 11:42 AM

Default Dealing with quebeckers

I've had 3 dealings with guys from Quebec and all went well. I admit that I was cautious but all went well.
Old 10-21-2020, 03:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
I like X-reload, but Their motto should be: “We sell everything but carry nothing”
I like x load too
But their customer service sucks
Old 10-21-2020, 03:44 PM

Where’s Quebec?
Old 10-21-2020, 03:58 PM

I got pretty upset with myself for not checking seller location and beat myself up for a week because I thought I sent money to Shawinigan, PQ, I checked location after I sent the EMT. I kept thinking I sent money to The Little Man from Shawinigan! I was so relieved when I got the package and the return address was Shawnigan, BC. I had a good chuckle.

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend
Old 10-21-2020, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Abenaki-Warrior
I purchased a rifle from you. Remington 700 BDL 30-06 a few years ago.

I have zero complaints - it was exactly as described and came as promised.

I have been in, walked away from, many other deals with people from BC, one from Manitoba and a couple from Quebec ....... you just gotta be careful.

Sometimes people need to realize there are 1/3 of our hunting population (gun owners in Quebec) - so it stands to reason that 1/3 of the scams will come from there - I dunno.

Either way - this is not a reflection of the deal we made and of you. It was exactly what we agreed it to be. I personally don't want to be painting any one province with a bad brush ..... that's not consistent with my experience anyways.
Old 10-22-2020, 06:44 AM

I got friends in Quebec and thier buddies that are like minded as in hunting, fishing, living and luvin'.....I would buy from them anytime of the day....

I am sure some hard core brain washed people in Quebec feel the same about alberta as some hard core brain washed people here feel about Quebec.

I tell ya I have been all over this country, Europe etc and lots of beautiful places and people to see....I tend not to put hatred based on a few bad apples cuz they are everywhere but are a minority....thank god!

Old 10-22-2020, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
Are BRP machines (Can-am, Skii-doo) all made in Quebec as well?

BRP manufactures in multiple countries, including Canada, USA, Mexico, Austria and Finland. But the majority shareholders are the same Quebec families that are major shareholders for Bombardier, so I refuse to purchase any of their products.
Old 10-22-2020, 09:58 AM

Very interesting comments. I can relate and share my experience with Quebec.
I live in Alberta and am a true Albertian. However while managing a Alberta company and selling to the Quebec market I choose to cover and call on Quebec myself. I felt it was a big challenge. I do not speak french, english only.
I spent 8 years calling on Quebec business places. I would fly to Montreal or Quebec city rent car and off I went. I would spend two weeks in Quebec, fly back to Edmonton and spend two weeks in Edmonton managing the company.
After two weeks I would go back to Quebec for two weeks back and forth for eight years.

During the eight years I have worked all of Quebec, every region as far North, South, East and West. All in all I made thousands of calls. Appointments and many cold calls

I was always welcomed, never ever lectured about not knowing French. Several occasions the owner never understood English, they would call someone in to translate.
Of the many accounts we had in Quebec we never ever had any problems getting paid. I did in the eight year devolop many friends, have enjoyed many meals with Quebec families. And best of all I was always welcome back. In all cases I spoke very slow, clear and respected their way of life and customs. Of all provinces and I have worked in every one, I found Quebec very rewarding in business dollars and friendships .
Old 10-22-2020, 11:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by superuke View Post
During the eight years I have worked all of Quebec, every region as far North, South, East and West. All in all I made thousands of calls. Appointments and many cold calls
My experiences in Quebec are very similar to yours. I lived there during the run up to the referendum and experienced much less hostility in the middle of that upheaval than some are willing to throw around here over a misunderstanding with a reloading die.
Old 10-22-2020, 12:03 PM

I drove to Quebec to buy my boat. Every person I met there was extremely friendly and cordial, from the gas stations to the boat mechanic to the convenience stores, although very few really spoke english well they were very nice.
My deal with the guy was perfect, he was very honest and nice about it.

Plus, some of the most-drop-dead-gorgeous women I have ever seen worked the little stores in Quebec. If I was single and 30 years younger I would be looking that way. 6 years later I remember every curve lol.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 10-22-2020, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I drove to Quebec to buy my boat. Every person I met there was extremely friendly and cordial, from the gas stations to the boat mechanic to the convenience stores, although very few really spoke english well they were very nice.

Plus, some of the most-drop-dead-gorgeous women I have ever seen worked the little stores in Quebec. If I was single and 30 years younger I would be looking that way. 6 years later I remember every curve lol.
every curve on the road or on the women?
Old 10-22-2020, 01:10 PM

I dated a french girl. Beautiful. Fun. And crazy. Lol. Really fun. But couldn't take the crazy.

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend
Old 10-22-2020, 02:03 PM

I'm glad to hear quebec is a beautiful place full of wonderful people.

For all the money we send over there, it should be.
Old 10-22-2020, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post

yup....the woman....dam eh.....you should have hired a few as "deck" hands...

Old 10-22-2020, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cement Bench View Post
every curve on the road or on the women?
Yes

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 10-22-2020, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Actually I had a fantastic buying experience in 1979 with a guy in Afghanistan

His ad read:

FOR SALE
ONE SOVIET MADE MILITARY RIFLE 7.62X39
NEVER FIRED, DROPPED ONCE $300 OBO

How could I refuse such truth in advertising???
Ad of the year ............

I am still laughing.
Old 10-22-2020, 04:47 PM

Hahaha! Thats a good one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickensashimi View Post
.....the only good thing to ever come outta Quebec was an empty bus!!