Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-19-2020, 03:45 PM

Default Antelope Hunts?

Jeepers, we have had one rifle antelope hunt pass and one more started today with no pics for us Keyboard heroes to stare at?

Anyone have any 2020 AB antelope pics to share? Is this site that dead for sharing harvests?

not what is used to be......

anyone........ Bueller.......??
Old 10-19-2020, 03:57 PM

Son is out with a buddy. Ain't heard nothing yet. Cold wind blowing, be ugly out there.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:02 PM

Got a pretty decent buck this morning .. and it was brisk with that wind alright ..I’ll try and post some pics ..
Old 10-19-2020, 04:09 PM

Won’t load for some reason .. I’ll try again when I have more time .. should be close to or just over 80 inch
Old 10-19-2020, 04:16 PM

I got this buck in mid September with archery gear... I’ve been scouting since June, and while i saw a few bigger bucks, this was the only one that would stay in the same general area. Tried decoying him the week before, but he’d only come in to 77 yards or so. On the 15th i went out and he was bedded in the PERFECT spot for a stalk. I got in to 52 yards and shot him in his bed. Measured 78” this was him a month or so before the season, and after the hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2020, 04:17 PM

Heck of a year for big bucks from what we saw when we were in 102/118 this year bowhunting.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:18 PM

Nice bucks
Old 10-19-2020, 04:28 PM

My sons antelope on his grandpa's partner tag!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2020, 04:31 PM

Seen two really big bucks today three decent bucks Five little ones And one small bull elk . Good day for my boys first antelope sighting probably over 300 spotted This morning.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedogg View Post
Jeepers, we have had one rifle antelope hunt pass and one more started today with no pics for us Keyboard heroes to stare at?

Anyone have any 2020 AB antelope pics to share? Is this site that dead for sharing harvests?

not what is used to be......

anyone........ Bueller.......??
Thanks for starting the thread bonedogg and stating the obvious...I’d say she’s pretty much dead....

Post up a good hunt thread and you’re lucky if 20 people comment and the thread is gone within a day. What does that teach a guy? It’s not worth the effort.

Complain about getting a just ticket from a LEO and the thread will go on for days with everyone getting involved.

Might as well let people talk about what they want, which appears to be just about anything except stuff to do with the outdoors in Alberta.

Nice to see some pics of good bucks and congrats to all but where’s the stories...
Old 10-19-2020, 05:13 PM

Really nice to see that big buck Sage especially with your earlier posts about possibly not being able to do it.

Some really nice bucks going down this year.
I slung an arrow right over my target bucks back. Had a smaller one come flying into my decoy to 5 yards though. That was it for me. 1st antelope buck.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
Thanks for starting the thread bonedogg and stating the obvious...I’d say she’s pretty much dead....

Post up a good hunt thread and you’re lucky if 20 people comment and the thread is gone within a day. What does that teach a guy? It’s not worth the effort.

Complain about getting a just ticket from a LEO and the thread will go on for days with everyone getting involved.

Might as well let people talk about what they want, which appears to be just about anything except stuff to do with the outdoors in Alberta.

Nice to see some pics of good bucks and congrats to all but where’s the stories...
This^^^^^^
Old 10-19-2020, 08:25 PM

Quote:

Think people are just tired of getting crapped on for there photo that doesn’t meet everyone’s standards,comfort zone,taste,smiling/not smiling,tongue in/tongue out,blood/no blood,anymore.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:26 PM

Beautiful pics to everyone who has and still posts though!
Old 10-19-2020, 08:38 PM

Those are some really nice bucks everyone!
Old 10-19-2020, 08:56 PM

That buck by 1Shot Jr is a beast!
Love the character in his face.

It's been way too long since I could get one of these.
A fun hunt and OMG! they are simply the best eating.

A first for me while chasing Pronghorns.
A Silver gopher.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 10-19-2020, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter4ever12 View Post
Think people are just tired of getting crapped on for there photo that doesn’t meet everyone’s standards,comfort zone,taste,smiling/not smiling,tongue in/tongue out,blood/no blood,anymore.
No disrespect meant, but I think that’s just an excuse to not post pics or be bothered to write up a bit of a story. It takes effort and most just can’t be bothered.

I’ve posted a few dozen stories with pictures in total on here and a couple other forums I’m on and I’ve never had someone post anything negative, just the opposite. But, even the best stories with pics are likely to not see more than a couple dozen comments and be in the abyss within a few days.

I’m not saying I need to have people pat me on the back for weeks afterwards just for taking the time to write up a little story or post a couple pics but it does send a clear message that people really are just not that interested.

But start a thread about what’s better in heavy snow....BFG Mud Terrains or Goodyear Duratracs and look out...people have tons of time to post their opinion.

This site may be called Alberta Outdoorsman but for the most part the same content could be found on The Xterra Owners Club or any other online forum.

To me that is sad. We live in a beautiful province that has a ton in the way of outdoor activities to offer and I know people on here get out and enjoy those activities whether that be hunting, fishing or just plain old hiking around.

Post some stories. Post some pictures. No one is going to call down a small buck, cow elk or immature bull moose. Turn things around and make this site worthy of its name. Don’t wait for someone else to do it. This could be one of the best forums on the Internet but it will only get there with good content and that’s going to take just a little bit of effort...
Old 10-19-2020, 11:20 PM

3 for 3 on opening day . First goats for all of us it was a fun day I know why they call them speed goats lol

Old 10-20-2020, 12:01 AM

I got one this afternoon. First Antelope. I was by myself so just a shot back at the truck.

Old 10-20-2020, 01:36 AM

Quote:
No disrespect meant, but I think that’s just an excuse to not post pics or be bothered to write up a bit of a story. It takes effort and most just can’t be bothered.

I’ve posted a few dozen stories with pictures in total on here and a couple other forums I’m on and I’ve never had someone post anything negative, just the opposite. But, even the best stories with pics are likely to not see more than a couple dozen comments and be in the abyss within a few days.

I’m not saying I need to have people pat me on the back for weeks afterwards just for taking the time to write up a little story or post a couple pics but it does send a clear message that people really are just not that interested.

But start a thread about what’s better in heavy snow....BFG Mud Terrains or Goodyear Duratracs and look out...people have tons of time to post their opinion.

This site may be called Alberta Outdoorsman but for the most part the same content could be found on The Xterra Owners Club or any other online forum.

To me that is sad. We live in a beautiful province that has a ton in the way of outdoor activities to offer and I know people on here get out and enjoy those activities whether that be hunting, fishing or just plain old hiking around.

Post some stories. Post some pictures. No one is going to call down a small buck, cow elk or immature bull moose. Turn things around and make this site worthy of its name. Don’t wait for someone else to do it. This could be one of the best forums on the Internet but it will only get there with good content and that’s going to take just a little bit of effort...
Agree with all you’re saying here. I try to post a lot of my adventures. I’m not the top dog hunter like some boys on here. But yes, very little interest. People would rather sling mud at Phil and argue about how stupid outfitters and the LEOs are. Pages and pages of garbage content.

That said glad to see this thread get active. Hopefully some guys will post their hint stories/ strategies individually too. Love this stuff
Old 10-20-2020, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageValleyOutdoors View Post
I got this buck in mid September with archery gear... I’ve been scouting since June, and while i saw a few bigger bucks, this was the only one that would stay in the same general area. Tried decoying him the week before, but he’d only come in to 77 yards or so. On the 15th i went out and he was bedded in the PERFECT spot for a stalk. I got in to 52 yards and shot him in his bed. Measured 78” this was him a month or so before the season, and after the hunt.

Fantastic Goat with the bow, sage!!! That’s a real feat! I’ve killed one goat with archery tackle. It’s a blast but man it can be tough to kill a good one!
Old 10-20-2020, 06:55 AM

Thanks to all for posting their great bucks, let's see more!!

Agree with Positrac that we need more pics of any animals harvested whether big or not. I'd like to see a harvest thread get started here in the hunting discussion similar to the one in the archery thread, always have enjoyed pics of animals taken and the stories leading up to the harvest......
Old 10-20-2020, 07:36 AM

Positrac you are bang on with your comments.
It would be great to get back to actual posts of hunts instead of the "Drama Queen" responses and attacks that are so common. I joined this Forum to gain information on hunting and fishing and to share some of my own experiences.

Glad this thread is staying positive with some great pictures and animals.
Thanks to all that have posted their experiences!!!
Old 10-20-2020, 08:09 AM

Quote:

I think that is not necessarily an issue but what can be expected. People do have time to have a discussion and offer an opinion when one has been asked about it.

I love seeing pictures that guys post whether small, big or otherwise and will often post a "Thanks for posting" to keep a thread alive for others that do not log on as much and may have missed it. But when I post that, I am not really offering up anything to the forum which is different than providing an opinion based on experience when asked by an OP.

I think that is really the nature of this forum; I am sure that the view count is just as high when posting pictures compared to a general discussion, but I feel that it is unrealistic expectation for there to be as many posts when the OP is posting a picture rather than asking for opinions and a dialog.

Just my $0.02 and keep posting those pics!!

DR
Old 10-20-2020, 09:44 AM

Wind is better today. Not snowing. Should be goat heaven. Good luck to all.
Old 10-20-2020, 10:11 AM

Default buddy's 2020 archery harvest

one I helped out with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ricky #2.jpg (66.1 KB, 264 views)
Old 10-20-2020, 10:48 AM

quite the brutal week down South to be hunting Antelope...... can't wait for some stories and pics perhaps? good luck and shoot straight.
Old 10-20-2020, 11:55 AM

Kid got one. Having problems with pics. Till later.
Old 10-20-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedogg View Post
quite the brutal week down South to be hunting Antelope...... can't wait for some stories and pics perhaps? good luck and shoot straight.
How that Bonedogg? Just the cooler temp or has it been windy too?

I’m heading down south to 118 for a archery Muley hunt by myself in a couple days. I absolutely can’t wait! If I find the right one I’ll be sure to post up a story and some pics.

Congrats to all those hunters who have been successful and thanks for taking the time to post up!
Old 10-20-2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:
How that Bonedogg? Just the cooler temp or has it been windy too?

I’m heading down south to 118 for a archery Muley hunt by myself in a couple days. I absolutely can’t wait! If I find the right one I’ll be sure to post up a story and some pics.

Congrats to all those hunters who have been successful and thanks for taking the time to post up!
20 cm of snow forecasted with some wind as well Wed-Sat.