Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-14-2020, 11:34 AM
Banned

Thumbs down Trudeau Government Defines the Firearms They Will Ban Next

The Trudeau government’s next gun ban will target the best-selling semi-automatic rifles in Canada.

So says Member of Parliament Joël Lightbound, Parliamentary Secretary for Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness.

In his response to ePetition e-2341, Joël Lightbound reiterated the Liberal government’s three criteria for banning and confiscating firearms from federally-licensed, RCMP-vetted firearm owners: [i]

have semi-automatic action with sustain rapid-fire capability (tactical/military design with large magazine capacity)
modern design;
present in large volumes in the Canadian market.

What are the 10 (or 20 or 50) best-selling semi-automatic rifles in Canada? You know? The high-capacity 5-shot ones. (before you write a letter, that was sarcasm.)

They’ll be listed on the next gun ban by Order in Council.

We know Mr. Lightbound is a new M.P. and a relatively young man (32) but he is an educated person with a law degree from McGill University, the great bastion of Quebec liberalism.

An intelligent man like Lightbound (or even a total fool) must see the gaping hole in the master plan:

What about illegal guns in the hands of gangs and violent criminals?

The Liberal government has no plan to confiscate any of those guns from the criminals who own them and seem perfectly content to practice catch-and-release law enforcement, yet Joël Lightbound has the audacity to claim:

“ Canadians deserve to live in a society where they can feel safe and secure from gun violence .”

We agree. Canadians absolutely deserve to feel safe in their homes and in their communities.

Canadians are rightfully afraid of dangerous criminals like those who violate firearm prohibition orders. [ii]

The best way to keep Canadians safe is to disarm those members of society most likely to commit violent acts, but that's does not appear to be the Liberal government's plan.

The government ignores violent offenders and its plan does not include taking illegal guns away from dangerous criminals.

Instead the Liberal government will ban and confiscate ( from licensed, RCMP-vetted firearm owners only ), any firearm with:

a “semi-automatic action”
that “is of modern design” and
“is present in large volumes in the Canadian market.”

Is it any wonder Canada’s licensed gun owners get so frustrated?

https://web-extract.constantcontact....SQYb0B5ysKRdtA
Old 10-14-2020, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
The Trudeau government’s next gun ban will target the best-selling semi-automatic rifles in Canada.
I would assume Ruger 10/22 or something like a Remington 1100/1187

Old 10-14-2020, 12:11 PM

Toronto is going to re-elect The Turd again, I'm convinced of that.
Old 10-14-2020, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
Toronto is going to re-elect The Turd again, I'm convinced of that.
Not Just Toronto, he will get many seats in Quebec and in the Atlantic provinces as well.
Old 10-14-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
I would assume Ruger 10/22 or something like a Remington 1100/1187

I forgot the most likely..... SKS
Old 10-14-2020, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Not Just Toronto, he will get many seats in Quebec and in the Atlantic provinces as well.
yep, he'll get four more years and we'll get more platitudes about working with in the system as we hand over our black powder muskets.
Old 10-14-2020, 12:39 PM

SKS, BAR, 10-22

Or any semi-auto they missed on first oic.
Old 10-14-2020, 12:44 PM

There goes my Rem 742 build...
Old 10-14-2020, 04:58 PM

They are not getting mine!
Old 10-14-2020, 05:19 PM

thought this was posted by CAA or one of their group

also thought the quotes were done on the first wave of bans

if so then cssa might be

what is the word or concept

not telling the truth

This from the other can gun site. Quote

Yupp. And that's all the NDP's fault not the previous governments who refused to diversify from oil and treated the oil fund like a piggy bank to give tax breaks rather than investing it for when times get tough.

Oh, and the CSSA is being deceitful. If you look at the whole quote the dude was talking about the last ban not a new one. There is already a thread about this, which includes the whole quote - he was justifying the recent ban not making any comments on a future ban.

So yeah. Looks like our side has no issues with taking things out of context if it furthers their agenda. Wonderful. Would be really nice if SOMEONE in this ####ing country had the ability to just be truthful.
Old 10-14-2020, 05:44 PM

its so frustrating because law abiding folks are not the problem. But it buys votes in urban Toronto.

It is two faced because it targets rural and especially western Canada.

And to make it worse...you know it will not apply to First Nations and Metis fire arms owners.

It is very divisive to the heart of the matter.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-14-2020, 05:53 PM

This is the worst part of the whole thing.
They are deciding what to ban based on how popular it is.
If this was a sensible discussion, they would define the characteristics that they have a problem with, and ban based on that.
But they want to ban based on popularity. They want to take away as many guns as they can, for no other reason than they want to take away guns.
In the last order in council there was a blurb that said something along the lines of "when these guns get banned, people will flock to other models, so we want to leave this open ended to ban those as well"
This is economic warfare.
They are treating gun owners as their enemies.
They don't want to ban too many at once, so they can give people a chance to spend money on something else, so they can ban the new choice afterwards.
Old 10-14-2020, 06:00 PM

Definition:
Has a trigger
Ammunition goes in one end
Bullets come out the other

That should give them adequate latitude to do what they want

And just is case you were wondering if Billy and Justine were scurrilous scum bags - they didn't rescind the RPALS for the last lot which would have been able to be challenged for cause
They nullified them a term which has no reference whatsoever in the Act
Making it up as they go along...
Old 10-14-2020, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
There goes my Rem 742 build...
Sucks when your testing a new gun and you loose it over board In the river eh?
Old 10-14-2020, 11:08 PM
Banned

Justin’s plan for restricted firearms might work but I predict a colossal failure for unrestricted firearms that he deems illegal. Everyone that I know would rather destroy or dispose of those firearms themselves before ever handing them over to the Liberals. So, what happens when only 20%(?) of the estimated total number of newly prohibited unrestricted firearms are turned in? The program will be labeled a failure and it’ll be another boondoggle reminiscent of the long gun registry.
Old 10-14-2020, 11:51 PM
Banned

The nutbar express will fix the Trudywagon. If that doesn’t work, which I’m guessing it surely will with the way things are now days. The next Government will give all the guns back to those stupid enough to give them in the first place. It’s not even a hot topic for me. They can get bent! as long as I’m following the laws before the Trudywagon passed through I feel nothing.
Old 10-15-2020, 07:12 AM

The key word is "Next". They will ban one type after the other, until they have banned all firearms.
Old 10-15-2020, 08:06 AM

Default Trudeau

It sickening to think that he will get in again. Never ever underestimate the stupidity of the general public. Easterners will vote that idiot in again no matter the amount of damage he has done to our country. Makes me want to gag.
Old 10-15-2020, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger7mm View Post
It sickening to think that he will get in again. Never ever underestimate the stupidity of the general public. Easterners will vote that idiot in again no matter the amount of damage he has done to our country. Makes me want to gag.
Yup. I matter what that idiot does or has done, even that “little” thing about the young student. He gets back in, I don’t understand it.
Old 10-15-2020, 08:48 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Justin’s plan for restricted firearms might work but I predict a colossal failure for unrestricted firearms that he deems illegal. Everyone that I know would rather destroy or dispose of those firearms themselves before ever handing them over to the Liberals. So, what happens when only 20%(?) of the estimated total number of newly prohibited unrestricted firearms are turned in? The program will be labeled a failure and it’ll be another boondoggle reminiscent of the long gun registry.
I don't know what they'll do this time, but for bill C68 The first bill C68, they calculated the number of owners that would comply and claimed that was how many guns were out there, thus they could claim 100% compliance.

It didn't work out quiet as planned but close enough for them to claim 80% compliance thereby suggesting that most gun owner agreed with their law.

They claimed there were around 4 million guns in Canada in 1995, four years earlier they had found that number to be 14 million. With 4 million gun owners.

I suspect even those numbers were low. For one thing, the average owner may only own one .22, one hunting rifle and one shotgun but a good many gun owners own several firearms in each category.

I'm not particularly rich or into acquiring guns yet I used to own over a dozen firearms. Befor the gun registry was made law.

They skewed the numbers to make it look like most gun owners agreed with their law. They'll try that trick again, bank on it.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 10-15-2020, 08:53 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
exactly at a huge cost just to have it tossed aside due to the misuse of money....hit the criminals hard....and that means not a nice place to hang out for being a bad guy...chain gangs cleaning ditches etc...slop for breakfast, lunch and supper...death penalty immediately for those who choose to kill law abiding citizens...well you know where I am going could type for a week.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-15-2020, 09:55 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
exactly at a huge cost just to have it tossed aside due to the misuse of money....hit the criminals hard....and that means not a nice place to hang out for being a bad guy...chain gangs cleaning ditches etc...slop for breakfast, lunch and supper...death penalty immediately for those who choose to kill law abiding citizens...well you know where I am going could type for a week.
That makes sense, but it costs money and is far harder then targeting law abiding citizens.

Keep in mind, that money can be used to buy votes. To a politician that trumps public interest any day of the week.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 10-15-2020, 11:05 AM

This moron and his ilk are lying through their teeth are systematically disarming law abiding Canadians before our very eyes. For those with TDS and thinking that the election down south doesn't affect us in Canada well you are wrong. If Biden gets in although he won't have much luck he will push for more gun restrictions which will only embolden our spineless puppet to go all out here in Canada.
Old 10-15-2020, 11:10 AM
Banned

well i guess i won't buy a ruger pc9 and rather build a little 9mm bolt action off the rock island m22 bolt action, so silly

so rimfire semi-auto's will be banned as well? good lord, that really is bass ackwards
Old 10-15-2020, 09:26 PM

Said it before and I will say it again.

For most of the electorate Right or wrong they needs only be seen doing or saying they are doing something.

Those who know better sadly are the minority.
Old 10-15-2020, 10:16 PM

I would make a comment about all the AO members who jumped for joy when the little turd got elected...but that would just get me banned ..again
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 10-15-2020, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
I would make a comment about all the AO members who jumped for joy when the little turd got elected...but that would just get me banned ..again
You can say whatever you want about those morons.
They don't read the gun discussion anyway.
Old 10-15-2020, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI 6.5 View Post
This moron and his ilk are lying through their teeth are systematically disarming law abiding Canadians before our very eyes. For those with TDS and thinking that the election down south doesn't affect us in Canada well you are wrong. If Biden gets in although he won't have much luck he will push for more gun restrictions which will only embolden our spineless puppet to go all out here in Canada.
He only disarms Canadians if Canadians let him

He isnt the boss. Neither is that creepy maggot Blair

We are the boss.
Old 10-15-2020, 11:24 PM

And, we do hold the trump card in this particular argument...
Old 10-15-2020, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
And, we do hold the trump card in this particular argument...
Lol

Just say No.