Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-11-2020, 02:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
Don’t forget to wear your chin diaper.
It could save your life
Old 10-11-2020, 04:21 PM

Here’s an observation that I made at Canadian Tire the other day. While the vast majority of shoppers wore masks, I noticed hardly anyone coming into the store used the hand sanitizer. Everyone thinks these masks are going to save our lives, but it was hand sanitizers and social distancing that flattened the curve months ago. . Nobody wore masks except health care in the first wave .
Old 10-11-2020, 05:21 PM

https://www.news.com.au/world/corona...1b297731c3da74
Old 10-11-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by landowner View Post
.. an observation that I made at Canadian Tire the other day.... hardly anyone coming into the store used the hand sanitizer... "
Have you smelled that horrible crap?
I used to put that offendingly foul stuff on in Apr-may,
and for the next 40mins that stink
stayed with me until after i was done shopping there.
I apply my own sanitizer before stores now, so Landowner, maybe others see are doing what i am doing.

Last edited by tri777; 10-11-2020 at 06:47 PM.
Old 10-11-2020, 06:55 PM

After you visit a few places, your hands are just plain slimy. I look for the non gel version and wash my hands instead, when possible. Spotted Biden, the ultra scare monger, wearing his mask incorrectly, in a recent news clip.

Grizz
Old 10-11-2020, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by landowner View Post
but it was hand sanitizers and social distancing that flattened the curve months ago. . Nobody wore masks except health care in the first wave .
No it was the dying off of the flue season when warm weather arrived and now the "second wave" just happens to ramp up when fall and cooler weather brings around the flue season again. It will die back next spring when it warms up again. Covid works the same way as other flues being that it is a flue.
Old 10-11-2020, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
You are right, my BIL did not need advanced care, in fact he never got sick despite the positive Covid test and his advanced age. He is 73 years young this year.

So tell me how our advanced health care system managed that, without even treating him.

His daughter, my niece also tested positive, lives in the same house and did get sick. Yet he did not.

I wonder how they all would have fared had it been the Spanish flu.
That flu wiped out whole familys.
So far it seems to be more contact touch spread than airborne.

Shared food utensils, shared drinks, touching the same cooler, handling the same collection plate.

Friend got sick...rest of family didn’t as they took the right precautions.

It shows efforts to prevent spread do work well.

There are signs that some people have some immunity and they are trying to source the reason. Tuberculosis vaccine is being studied as are others. Ones immune system is ones first line of defence.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-11-2020, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post

Shared food utensils, shared drinks, touching the same cooler, handling the same collection plate.

There are signs that some people have some immunity and they are trying to source the reason. Tuberculosis vaccine is being studied as are others. Ones immune system is ones first line of defence.
Well the data from whole countries suggest lockdown don't work, see Brazil vs Peru
Old 10-11-2020, 11:52 PM

Quote:

If you are at risk with pre existing health conditions than YOU can go ahead and isolate. I am at extremely low risk, therefore I refuse to abide by these stupid rules set in place to monger fear and control.
If your scared stay at home, have the grocery store clerks deliver your food to your vehicle in those fancy new parking spots.
My parents 65+ god bless them, also think this is a farse and a joke.
Old 10-12-2020, 12:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mmremmag View Post
If you are at risk with pre existing health conditions than YOU can go ahead and isolate. I am at extremely low risk, therefore I refuse to abide by these stupid rules set in place to monger fear and control.
If your scared stay at home, have the grocery store clerks deliver your food to your vehicle in those fancy new parking spots.
What??? You refuse to wear a chin diaper? OMG!

Old 10-12-2020, 02:53 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:

That could explain it but if you you are right why then the fuss about wearing masks?

If wearing a mask is necessary for a brief encounter in a public place, then how could my BIL live in the same house as a covid patient and even tend to that patient and not get the virus.

Wouldn't it make more sense that they were either both false positives or that he had natural immunity.

Either way it makes me wonder just how lethal this virus really is.

We know that many that have succumbed to this virus would have succumbed to the common flu. We know that deaths attributed to Covid 19 may have been caused by other factors. The pre-existing health conditions for one.

It's inconceivable that autopsies could be preformed on every victim in time to report that death as a true covid death, the day the victim succumbed, yet we are given a daily tally of deaths that day.
That simply isn't believable. Especially where the hospital is swamped with covid patients.

As for the tests, Harvard Health made this statement.

Quote:
The true accuracy of tests for COVID-19 is uncertain. Unfortunately, it's not clear exactly how accurate any of these tests are.
Expect that statement to disappear in a day or two. Other statements I found in past research claiming tests done in the first week after infection can return up to 80% false positives are nowhere to be found now.

Everyone I know that have been tested, were testing less then a week after exposure.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 10-12-2020, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mmremmag View Post
I’m in a very low risk category but my existence isn’t only focused on me. I also don’t think anyone is gaining any control of me by not wanting me to get to close to strangers in Walmart or getting me to use hand sanitizer. If you think that’s control or fear mongering, try sitting in on a safety meeting for a critical sour well fishing job. Statistics show that the risk of death is extremely low....it’s all about “The Man” trying to control me. I’m going to refuse to wear a mask if we take a kick....it’s my right.
Old 10-12-2020, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
I’m in a very low risk category but my existence isn’t only focused on me. I also don’t think anyone is gaining any control of me by not wanting me to get to close to strangers in Walmart or getting me to use hand sanitizer. If you think that’s control or fear mongering, try sitting in on a safety meeting for a critical sour well fishing job. Statistics show that the risk of death is extremely low....it’s all about “The Man” trying to control me. I’m going to refuse to wear a mask if we take a kick....it’s my right.
Apples to donuts argument.
I rarely wear a seat belt on personal time, but when the individual signing my paycheck asks me to wear one while on company time, I comply
Old 10-12-2020, 07:09 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Yeah the "I won't let them control me" argument is kinda silly.

But the fear is a very obvious player in this. However, I think it's a bluff to convince people to comply maybe out of an abundance of caution or maybe because politicians and the media really believe what they are told.

I don't. Not completely anyway. I have no doubt the virus is real, I have no doubt it's killing old folks, but then too, the common flu kills hundreds of thousands of old folk every year and has for generations.

What I doubt is the death tallies and infection reports. There are too many improbabilities in both for me to buy them as accurate.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 10-12-2020, 07:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Do you know anyone who actually contracted covid? Ask them if it’s worth shutting down our economy over.

Do you know anyone who’s been exposed to H2S if it’s worth wearing a respirator? Oh ya, you can’t because they’re dead.

Do you understand the difference? I’m not surprised.

I hear the hollier than thou speech, out to protect the vulnerable, maybe stop licking windows then kissing grandma in the old age home. Common sense will protect more lives than a mask will.

If you really want to understand the devistating effects of covid look up some of these stats

Suicide due to economic loss
Domestic violence due to covid quarantine
Mental health issues do to social restrictions
Theft due to job loss as a result of covid
Increase in drug and alcohol abuse due to covid restrictions
Civil unrest due to covid restrictions
World economy destruction due to covid restrictions.

Little minds are easy to distract while the big picture unfolds.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:48 AM

People with beards have natural masks, the reason this isn't being made public is because it's sexist.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Do you know anyone who actually contracted covid? Ask them if it’s worth shutting down our economy over.

Do you know anyone who’s been exposed to H2S if it’s worth wearing a respirator? Oh ya, you can’t because they’re dead.

I hear the hollier than thou speech, out to protect the vulnerable, maybe stop licking windows then kissing grandma in the old age home. Common sense will protect more lives than a mask will.

If you really want to understand the devistating effects of covid look up some of these stats

Suicide due to economic loss
Domestic violence due to covid quarantine
Mental health issues do to social restrictions
Theft due to job loss as a result of covid
Increase in drug and alcohol abuse due to covid restrictions
Civil unrest due to covid restrictions
World economy destruction due to covid restrictions.

Little minds are easy to distract while the big picture unfolds.
Did I say anything about shutting down the economy in my post? Run Away from the masks and sanitizer Kurt. It’s all part of the plan!! Bahaha. I love your posts always extremely entertaining. It’s just sooo much work to not rub up against strangers in the store. It’s going to destroy the economy if I wash my hands.

Also, yes. I have been exposed to H2s most people who work on sour wells have been but so few die from it, it’s probably not that bad right? This crew just had a roughneck walk off yesterday because He didn’t want to work critical sour “All of the safety meetings, talks of what to do in each scenario were scaring him” We must have just been fear mongers?
Old 10-12-2020, 08:16 AM

Quote:
This has to be one of the weakest analogies of all time.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Did I say anything about shutting down the economy in my post? Run Away from the masks and sanitizer Kurt. It’s all part of the plan!! Bahaha. I love your posts always extremely entertaining. It’s just sooo much work to not rub up against strangers in the store. It’s going to destroy the economy if I wash my hands.

Also, yes. I have been exposed to H2s most people who work on sour wells have been but so few die from it, it’s probably not that bad right? This crew just had a roughneck walk off yesterday because He didn’t want to work critical sour “All of the safety meetings, talks of what to do in each scenario were scaring him” We must have just been fear mongers?
Sad news today, the WHO now says the corona death rate is similar to the common flu, estimated at 0.13%. You might have to re-think your panic plan. There must be something else we should worry about?
Old 10-12-2020, 08:24 AM

I bought my first ever mask for 2.99 yesterday, it's a big day tomorrow for me, going to try it out to
see what the fuss is all about & if i am just being stubborn/over reacting, will update my thoughts..
Old 10-12-2020, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
This has to be one of the weakest analogies of all time.
That was the point I was going for. It’s ridiculous to think that way but these people who are saying they can’t wash their hands because, not many people have died of COVID. How many people died from H2s exposure in Canada last year? Does that mean that it’s not deadly?or does that mean that the precautions taken are helpful?
Old 10-12-2020, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Sad news today, the WHO now says the corona death rate is similar to the common flu, estimated at 0.13%. You might have to re-think your panic plan. There must be something else we should worry about?
Yep. No more hand scrubbing or not rubbing up against people in Walmart.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Sad news today, the WHO now says the corona death rate is similar to the common flu, estimated at
0.13%. You might have to re-think your panic plan. There must be something else we should worry about?
In my books, that equates to around .03%..i do not for a nano second believe the 'experts' doing the
inventory, they are so full of inflating the #'s for nefarious unknowns.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Yep. No more hand scrubbing or not rubbing up against people in Walmart.
People that rub up against strangers in wally world concern me a whole lot more than the vid
Old 10-12-2020, 08:40 AM

Quote:
That was the point I was going for. It’s ridiculous to think that way but these people who are saying they can’t wash their hands because, not many people have died of COVID. How many people died from H2s exposure in Canada last year? Does that mean that it’s not deadly?or does that mean that the precautions taken are helpful?
Problem is that it is proven these precautions dont work.
Also if Covid is as deadly as RSV or the like then we don’t need all these precautions. But if we carry out your argument to its logical end, then we can justify basically any measures if it might save any life at any time.
But at what point do you say no?
At what point do you say its not a matter of personal freedom or even inconvenience but that it is just a load of garbage.

Also not many people on here are against washing hands. Many though are against the lies that are being propagated.
It would be like the Gov't suddenly demanding we all wear proper ppe for H2S at all times just in cases we might get it.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:

I can tell you don't really understand the difference either. It seems you picked up on the bullet points given on a one day course on using safety equipment, but in truth you really don't understand how H2S kills vs how SAR-COV-2 kills . It doesn't matter either because if you follow the rules taught, you will be safe. Just like the current infection.
By the way I do know people that have had H2S exposures.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Have you got a link for that? I looked and couldn't find anything.

Thomas Sowell
Old 10-12-2020, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
I can tell you don't really understand the difference either. It seems you picked up on the bullet points given on a one day course on using safety equipment, but in truth you really don't understand how H2S kills vs how SAR-COV-2 kills . It doesn't matter either because if you follow the rules taught, you will be safe. Just like the current infection.
By the way I do know people that have had H2S exposures.
So you're saying if you mask up properly you will be safe from the corona virus?
You have a handful listening....small handful
Old 10-12-2020, 09:12 AM

In the end, we all have to choose what we fear and what we don't. Perspective is key. I fear all those unintended consequences Covid leaves, most.
Old 10-12-2020, 09:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Have you got a link for that? I looked and couldn't find anything.
https://www.wnd.com/2020/10/4859570/...Sy0VRK-8h-V574

It seems the damage has been done and the truth is finally starting to come out.