Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-21-2020, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
"..we just gota follow protocol on slowing this bugger down until we get a vaccine....
So let me take a future guess, all those preaching:
"you must wear a mask"

will move on to preaching:
"You Must Get the Vaccine" ?
Old 10-21-2020, 08:30 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
"you must wear a mask"

hopefully it is a decision one makes on their own and doesn't come down to the "must"....time will tell though.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-21-2020, 10:23 AM

Quote:
hopefully it is a decision one makes on their own and doesn't come down to the "must"....time will tell though.
AL those living in the corona fear circle should be well protected when they take the synthetic concoction then.
It's like you worrying about my computer not running anti virus software while yours is up to date with the latest
greatest. Why worry about my computer(body) running in the mode I choose.
Old 10-21-2020, 04:45 PM

Quote:
"you must wear a mask"

I wish the messaging instead just read:

Don’t get INFECTED.

Don’t INFECT others.

Old 10-21-2020, 04:52 PM

Quote:
AL those living in the corona fear circle should be well protected when they take the synthetic concoction then.
It's like you worrying about my computer not running anti virus software while yours is up to date with the latest
I am not worried about your computer cuz mine is up to date and running fine but your computer may pass on a virus to another vulnerable not updated computer which then starts the spread

hmmm I see our world around us is starting to get closed down again or limited to amount of people at gatherings....seen that coming....winter is coming dark...cold.....lonely....

Old 10-21-2020, 08:01 PM
Banned

Old 10-21-2020, 08:40 PM

https://torontosun.com/news/provinci...qnvnKkPMuj3RGg
Old 10-21-2020, 08:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Wow, must be fake news......
Old 10-21-2020, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Yup, nothing to see there, just some Biden Hunter laptop Russia dribble..
/Sarc
Old 10-22-2020, 06:29 AM

Unhappy

image.jpeg

Old 10-22-2020, 09:34 AM

https://www.facebook.com/1379347639/...8/?extid=0&d=n
Old 10-22-2020, 10:17 AM

Default Clap clap clap

Quote:
Originally Posted by talking moose View Post
i love it
Old 10-22-2020, 10:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Her husband, her kids, her 70yr old father and her pregnant friend all got covid.... and lived to talk about it! What a good point she brought up though, everyone is pushing restrictions and masks but nobody is telling the public what will help get over it quickly.

So many people like my neighbor and my friend that have contracted covid have said it’s nothing more than a flu, even going as far as saying it’s a mild flu, proof now has come out that the death rate has been inflated, and the world economy has been shut down because of this. What caused all the hysteria over this virus? Obviously it’s nowhere near as deadly as was first purported, tons of fear mongering media coverage along with social media fear mongering, and what? The mask wearing is a load of bs and Edmonton is proof of that. They were the first to impose a mandatory mask policy and have the highest rate of infection. I said it in February and I’ll stick to it today, the social and economic effects of this charade are 10x worse than the virus.

Is it a coincidence that that Saudi Arabia and Russia start an oil war to kick start the collapse of the world economy at the exact same time the virus first surfaced in china? Maybe? Then right after the virus hits North America there are massive protests with tens of thousands of rioters, rioting over a criminal who was being detained by police dies (and later comes out he died of a fentanyl overdose), crowding the streets to help boost the spread here? Maybe? First thing our liberal government does is try unsuccessfully to enact the Emergencies act which would give them unlimited control over Canada, YOU CAN THANK THE CONSERVATIVES for putting the brakes on that. Internment camps currently being tendered here in Canada when it’s obviously not going to be needed.

First it looked like a duck, then it walked like a duck, then it quacked like a duck, now it’s flying like a duck. If I didn’t know better I’d say it’s not a duck.

It’s hard for me to see all of this and believe it’s all just coincidence.
Old 10-22-2020, 10:23 AM

dam Trump has a little sister mister.....

Old 10-22-2020, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Looking into the comments section, there's an interesting note about insurance - essentially, are insurance companies not paying out if one dies from a pandemic (force majeure)?

If that is really the case, this rabbit trail got a lot more twisted.
Old 10-22-2020, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Her husband, her kids, her 70yr old father and her pregnant friend all got covid.... and lived to talk about it! What a good point she brought up though, everyone is pushing restrictions and masks but nobody is telling the public what will help get over it quickly.

So many people like my neighbor and my friend that have contracted covid have said it’s nothing more than a flu, even going as far as saying it’s a mild flu, proof now has come out that the death rate has been inflated, and the world economy has been shut down because of this. What caused all the hysteria over this virus? Obviously it’s nowhere near as deadly as was first purported, tons of fear mongering media coverage along with social media fear mongering, and what? The mask wearing is a load of bs and Edmonton is proof of that. They were the first to impose a mandatory mask policy and have the highest rate of infection. I said it in February and I’ll stick to it today, the social and economic effects of this charade are 10x worse than the virus.

Is it a coincidence that that Saudi Arabia and Russia start an oil war to kick start the collapse of the world economy at the exact same time the virus first surfaced in china? Maybe? Then right after the virus hits North America there are massive protests with tens of thousands of rioters, rioting over a criminal who was being detained by police dies (and later comes out he died of a fentanyl overdose), crowding the streets to help boost the spread here? Maybe? First thing our liberal government does is try unsuccessfully to enact the Emergencies act which would give them unlimited control over Canada, YOU CAN THANK THE CONSERVATIVES for putting the brakes on that. Internment camps currently being tendered here in Canada when it’s obviously not going to be needed.

First it looked like a duck, then it walked like a duck, then it quacked like a duck, now it’s flying like a duck. If I didn’t know better I’d say it’s not a duck.

It’s hard for me to see all of this and believe it’s all just coincidence.
I’m with you....far too many coincidences at this point...fear has gripped a lot of people and stripped them of their critical thinking ability. Their is much more to this Pandemic than what is projected. People are waking up...the lies aren’t adding up anymore. I was convinced in feb-June this Virus was deadly and we needed lockdowns and safety provisions...now I see that it is not that deadly and their has been nothing but lies since the very beginning...their is a plan being put into motion currently and it does not involve freedom or prosperity for the working man. The economic debt cycle is coming to an end..what comes next?
Old 10-22-2020, 11:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomP View Post
I’m with you....far too many coincidences at this point...fear has gripped a lot of people and stripped them of their critical thinking ability. Their is much more to this Pandemic than what is projected. People are waking up...the lies aren’t adding up anymore. I was convinced in feb-June this Virus was deadly and we needed lockdowns and safety provisions...now I see that it is not that deadly and their has been nothing but lies since the very beginning...their is a plan being put into motion currently and it does not involve freedom or prosperity for the working man. The economic debt cycle is coming to an end..what comes next?
Not to mention the liberal gun grab.
Old 10-22-2020, 11:37 AM

World of meters has the daily death toll for Covid hovering around 5000 a day since April. How does that make sense if this is a pandemic? It should be increasing in poor places around the world.
Old 10-22-2020, 11:39 AM

Quote:
In case you missed it.
Old 10-22-2020, 11:46 AM

Use the hand sanitizer when out and about
Pay attention to what you touch
If you think you're getting sick, stay home

That's it. Covid isn't going away, we need to learn to live with it. Not cower in fear like so many think is the answer.
Old 10-22-2020, 12:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen moa View Post
World of meters has the daily death toll for Covid hovering around 5000 a day since April. How does that make sense if this is a pandemic? It should be increasing in poor places around the world.
Simple, they’ve been bullchit from the start.
Old 10-22-2020, 12:45 PM

I’m not afraid of Covid at all.

I’m very afraid of what is really going on.
Old 10-22-2020, 01:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
You've made an excellent point here but I suspect it's the not point you thought you were.

Properly architected corporate networks always have centralized management of anti virus and update deployments, this is considered a critical function. Pretty much every enterprise grade VPN or remote access product I can think of has the capability to inspect computers for anti virus compliance and updates before they are allowed to connect. Automated intrusion response that will lock down network traffic from computers that show signs of bad behavior is also becoming common.

Painful experience has shown us that this layered zero trust model is the only way to keep a network safe from intrusion. I know this because it's my profession and I've been at it for a couple decades. I'm sure you're good at whatever you do but based on the comparison you made I'm confident your profession isn't IT.

So why don't we extend that same understanding to the public health professionals? I'm sure they're just as good at this as I am at IT or you are at whatever you do. Yeah these measures are a pain and cause all sorts of problems but they aren't just throwing them around willy nilly. They're doing it for the same reason I check to make sure your AV is up to date before you connect to the VPN. I don't like that either but I understand better than most why it's important.
Old 10-22-2020, 01:13 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Well ain't that a shock. NOT!

I've been saying that since March, and have taken a lot of flack for saying it.

More and more the truth comes out.

But hey, there's no conspiracy here.

Thanks for posting that.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 10-22-2020, 02:00 PM

Quote:
so called poor countries cant keep count.....

Old 10-22-2020, 02:02 PM

Quote:
just inconclusive news....or should we say...????

Old 10-22-2020, 02:47 PM

Quote:
just inconclusive news....or should we say...????
Is truth the word you are searching for?
Old 10-22-2020, 09:51 PM

Very interesting article

Quote:
New Zealand's Jacinda Ardern wins big after world-leading Covid-19 response

“ "This kind of landslide should be almost impossible under New Zealand's system of proportional representation," said Harshan Kumarasingham, a New Zealander who teaches politics at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland. "It's very difficult for any one party to get the majority that she has, and normally they would have to go into coalition."

Not only did voters hand Ardern Labour's biggest win in 50 years, they...”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/n...ading-n1243972

Old 10-23-2020, 12:17 AM

Good info from the link

But it was her response to Covid-19 that appears to have fueled her romping election victory.

Back in February, polls showed that the right-of-center National Party was in the lead. But already, despite having no recorded cases, Ardern had banned entry into the country to any foreigner coming from or via China.

She said she made "no apologies" for the measures, which soon included closing the borders to all non-citizens and non-residents, and imposing quarantines even for returning kiwis.
Today, New Zealand has had less than 1,900 confirmed coronavirus cases and just 25 deaths. That's around 320 cases per million — compared with around 25,000 per million in the United States.
Old 10-23-2020, 12:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Good info from the link

But it was her response to Covid-19 that appears to have fueled her romping election victory.

Back in February, polls showed that the right-of-center National Party was in the lead. But already, despite having no recorded cases, Ardern had banned entry into the country to any foreigner coming from or via China.

She said she made "no apologies" for the measures, which soon included closing the borders to all non-citizens and non-residents, and imposing quarantines even for returning kiwis.
Today, New Zealand has had less than 1,900 confirmed coronavirus cases and just 25 deaths. That's around 320 cases per million — compared with around 25,000 per million in the United States.
Pretty much the opposite happened in the states, we will see how they respond.