Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-21-2020, 10:16 PM

Ariens
Old 10-21-2020, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
You realize Sears is pretty much non existent now right? A few private owned stores here and there but that's it. Craftsman tools now sold at Lowes and I doubt you can get good parts from there. A big reason I bought my Ariens from a small engine shop vs a box store.
Pretty much non existent or not, I was on phone with them. So I guess they existed enough to answer and tell me they would not deal with Canadian customer. They did have the parts I was interested in. Sears Canada had a great parts department in the good old days.

It is almost 20 years old, has a lot of hours on it and still runs ok. Just would run better with some new parts. I will treat myself to a new one in the next year or so.
Old 10-22-2020, 08:31 AM

I'd like to thank everyone for all their input and advice.
It looks like the Husky is the clear winner.
I'm picking one up this weekend
Wayne

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2020, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynep View Post
I'd like to thank everyone for all their input and advice.
It looks like the Husky is the clear winner.
I'm picking one up this weekend
Wayne

God choice. Unlike so many threads I did not see even one person say Cub Cadet was a good machine, and there is usually a few people who own something and have no issues with it. Tells me the current crop are even worse that the ones from 10 years ago. Hope you don't have to use the new Husky at all this winter.
Old 10-22-2020, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
God choice. Unlike so many threads I did not see even one person say Cub Cadet was a good machine, and there is usually a few people who own something and have no issues with it. Tells me the current crop are even worse that the ones from 10 years ago. Hope you don't have to use the new Husky at all this winter.
If I never have to use it I will be extremely happy
Wayne

Old 10-22-2020, 09:11 AM

Get 1 with a heated cab and 4wd. Then in summer use it for a mower, front end loader, boat mover, rotor tiller, anything you can throw at it. Walk behinds suck.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 10-22-2020, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Get 1 with a heated cab and 4wd. Then in summer use it for a mower, front end loader, boat mover, rotor tiller, anything you can throw at it. Walk behinds suck.
I have a house in the city not a acreage!
Otherwise that's a great idea.

Old 11-11-2020, 07:49 PM

Canadian tire has discontinued the 30” husquvarna and are blowing them out at $1349.99. 3 left at Manning store

Who are you going to blame when all the ohv's are gone and the fish are still dieing
Old 11-11-2020, 08:05 PM

The last few days demonstrated why a person should get a snowblower with enough power. Both of my neighbors have small Honda units that had issues with the heavy wet snow, but my Craftsman with the 14ftlbs engine had no issues at all.
Old 11-11-2020, 08:39 PM

I have a my father’s 40+ yr old Toro 2 stage. Worked perfectly until last year. Lost a fuel / choke lever. I may have to make one unless parts are available somewhere. Nonetheless its paid for itself.

My dad had an smaller ariens before he bought the Toro and always said it was the better machine.

If they can potentially last multiple generations like ours, then go with the best brands.
Old 11-11-2020, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
The last few days demonstrated why a person should get a snowblower with enough power. Both of my neighbors have small Honda units that had issues with the heavy wet snow, but my Craftsman with the 14ftlbs engine had no issues at all.
I had a Honda paddle drive type. Worked great on the flat areas but was horrible to control on my sloping front driveway. Traded it off with a relative for a Toro. Now have my dad’s old Toro. Might replace it soon.

Was going to start a thread on best snowblowers so I hope people keep offering information even though the original poster has chosen a Husky.