Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-20-2020, 10:13 AM

Default Sirius XM renewal game

After hearing how they will come down on their price I let my membership expire in September as I don't feel I get near $240 worth of enjoyment. After ignoring their calls for a month I spoke to a rep today. Said I didn't want to keep it, boom price goes to $70 a year.
At my store I make sure the squeaky wheel is not the one that gets greased as it's those a-holes that demand deals everywhere for everything so I hate being that guy but here I am.
$240/year to $70 a year by not renewing. So do I have to cancel all my credit cards and phone contracts to get a decent deal or what!
Old 10-20-2020, 11:11 AM

Crap, this was supposed to be general. Sorry Mr Mod.
Old 10-20-2020, 12:53 PM

Way back when satellite radio first started and they were looking for initial start-up $$$, I bought two, "LIFETIME" Sirius memberships. I switched them to new vehicles as we retired old trucks/cars and bought new ones, but Sirius wouldn't transfer them more than 3 times. Apparently, you only have 3 vehicles in your 'Lifetime' !
Old 10-20-2020, 04:47 PM

I make a note in my calendar on my phone and call them about a week before renewal time to cancel. They give you the run around but always get it for $70 a year max.
Old 10-20-2020, 05:58 PM

Been two years since I had a vehicle with Sirius. I never paid more than $60 yr. I just canceled and listened to peasant radio for a few weeks until they called. They tried this and that, to which I would say not interested. Didn't take long to get their extra special one time customer loyalty deal.

There are very few ties when consumers are truly in the driver's seat. This is one of em.

PS: It works on Shaw/Telus too.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:43 PM

Last time i called. They lowered my monthly payment a bit , but also mailed me a house stereo with the satellite radio built in for free. I actually enjoy using it more in my house now then I do in my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2020, 07:55 PM

I just canceled our very last subscription last week, they wanted to lower my price as well..I said no, I’d really like to cancel and right away if possible. After some more haggling on their part I managed to talk them into sending me the remainder of our yearly fee...so ya I’m getting a cheque in the mail for $65.78 now....plus my radio is still working, they never shut it down yet...win win win for me!
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 10-20-2020, 08:16 PM

The only reason I went back was because i heard they had a $60/yr deal when I was at the hardware store. I was pretty much told to cancel if it ever went beyond that and they would bend over backwards to keep you as a client.
Old 10-20-2020, 08:25 PM

A 3 month trial came with my new Tacoma and I saw no value in it. They tried to sell me a subscription and I said I wasn't interested and the salesperson muttered something inaudible and hung up. They'll never get a cent of mine. I prefer local radio, no CBC

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend
Old 10-20-2020, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninAB View Post
I make a note in my calendar on my phone and call them about a week before renewal time to cancel. They give you the run around but always get it for $70 a year max.

This. Works every time.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Way back when satellite radio first started and they were looking for initial start-up $$$, I bought two, "LIFETIME" Sirius memberships. I switched them to new vehicles as we retired old trucks/cars and bought new ones, but Sirius wouldn't transfer them more than 3 times. Apparently, you only have 3 vehicles in your 'Lifetime' !
I bought the life time too and am on vehicle number 2. I don’t think I’ll renew it, when it’s done I’ll get unlimited data and stream music off Spotify. I only listen to country on XM and I think they influence who they play and who becomes popular but I HATE the ads on FM.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
I was under the impression it was 5 transfers ? I have no idea how I would get clarification. Still on my first vehicle, so I guess it may make lifetime.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:41 AM

$70 with Howard Stern?

or $70 for the basic pkg?

Can anyone clarify?
Old 10-21-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jef612 View Post
$70 with Howard Stern?

or $70 for the basic pkg?

Can anyone clarify?
70 with Stern and a login for the SiriusXM app.