Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2020, 05:55 PM

It's going to be hilarious to see the bits of brain matter splattered all over the walls here as heads explode at the sound of "All charges dropped".

Right now I'm giving full dismissal a 90% chance.
Old 12-21-2020, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
It's going to be hilarious to see the bits of brain matter splattered all over the walls here as heads explode at the sound of "All charges dropped".

Right now I'm giving full dismissal a 90% chance.
Agree. The problem is that in cases like this, the powers that be are often very spiteful and will wait until the day of the trial before they drop charges. This is so that the people are still ruined financially with legal fees. Hopefully that's not the case here.
Old 12-21-2020, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Could be a world record for the amount the word chirp was chirped in one paragraph.
Oooooh! A leafs fan.

I mean really, who names a hockey team after a leaf? Might as well call yourself the Edmonton Twigs, or the Calgary Shrubbery. Though, as things are going with team names, we're not far off from hearing about the woes of the Vancouver Kelp.
Old 12-21-2020, 06:04 PM

They just announced that "shinny" is now banned according to Hinshaw. Website being updated.
It will be thrown out is my guess.
Old 12-21-2020, 06:06 PM

This guy just needed to be wearing a BLM jersey, all of this could have been avoided
Old 12-21-2020, 06:12 PM

Hey Folks. How's about we compare "Young Punk for power tripping LEO? Honest question...

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 12-21-2020, 06:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sky View Post
If the cops pull me over for speeding, will they let me off if I tell them that I am not speeding now?

It sounds like a solid defence strategy.
If the punk gets off with no charges I am going to use it. When they ask for license and registration I just not going to give it to them. Then if he turns his head I am just going to drive off. He will chase me then I will stop get out of the car. My guess is I will be facing a drawn gun not a taser . Then I will wrestle with them hollering police brutality . I will start and stop the go pro mounted on my toque to clearly show I did not provoke the police in anyway. Then post it on YouDumb, SnapFart, Twigler...
Old 12-21-2020, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
18 pages and I haven't weighed in on this.

I don't care what the bylaw/cops did to the offender. He is an offender and not a victim as he brought it down on himself.

I'd recommend a career in the military for the kid but he wouldn't make it through day one before ending up in a cell.......oh wait....that was the military I was in
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 12-21-2020, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankbait View Post
They just announced that "shinny" is now banned according to Hinshaw. Website being updated.
It will be thrown out is my guess.
Then they had better ban the NHL.. FFS

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 12-21-2020, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcmm View Post
Then they had better ban the NHL.. FFS
Probably will. Just have to play it in the states maybe.
Old 12-21-2020, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcmm View Post
Hey Folks. How's about we compare "Young Punk for power tripping LEO? Honest question...
Seriously.

Pretty clear bylaw warned everyone and explained why. Some people ignored authority. Cops were called and one person pushed their entitlement. Now a person is arrested and it is serious. Hope he is made an example of.

Some people hate the law...doesn’t believe in measures taken for Covid...then talk apples to apples.

The cops doing their job was made much harder by the one individual. All others obeyed.

So another way to look at is some of you complaining about eh Erika’s and the cops should also be slamming the 39+ people who listened to the cops but not bylaw and went home. Are they chickens, sheeples ...or what other insults do you want to throw up?

The law is not for cops to decide what they ignore or enforce. It is the role of government to pass and for citizens to vote in.

I guess some will vote NDP next. Lol.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 12-21-2020, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comaderek View Post
If the punk gets off with no charges I am going to use it. When they ask for license and registration I just not going to give it to them. Then if he turns his head I am just going to drive off. He will chase me then I will stop get out of the car. My guess is I will be facing a drawn gun not a taser . Then I will wrestle with them hollering police brutality . I will start and stop the go pro mounted on my toque to clearly show I did not provoke the police in anyway. Then post it on YouDumb, SnapFart, Twigler...
Don't just talk about it , do it!
Old 12-21-2020, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Agree, I think that would be an excellent thing for him to do. For the sake of everyone.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-21-2020, 07:19 PM

My puter is clunking out,, snip from a newspaper;

ounced on Sunday. There have been 34 deaths in central zone.

Hinshaw also clarified some of the health restrictions around outdoor activities. Hockey and shinny outdoors — even four-on-four — are not allowed.

“Any outdoor activity where individuals come within two metres of each other is not allowed. Skating or other outdoor activities can continue but all members of different households must stay at least two metres apart the whole time.”
Old 12-21-2020, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Could be a world record for the amount the word chirp was chirped in one paragraph.
lol. Pretty close I'd say.
Old 12-21-2020, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Agree, I think that would be an excellent thing for him to do. For the sake of everyone.
Yes please. Hopefully you have a passenger that can video it, especially the tazing part. Please post on here ASAP...soiled pants or not
Old 12-21-2020, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
You should know by now that facts don't matter to some on here.
I also forgot that youtube is fake news. My apologies there sundance
Old 12-21-2020, 08:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoods View Post
No word on charges yet. And nobody said they would get fired. There was only a desire to see them fired. Their supervisor already stuck up for them so that's not happening.
I spoke with a higher ranking EPS person today. Charges against Ocean to be dropped tomorrow.
My friend advocates the 2 female LEOs to be fired. Also didn’t have much time for the male cop who stood watching it all without either A) helping the ladies or B) helping the young man

Such a train wreck.

Old 12-21-2020, 08:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Yes please. Hopefully you have a passenger that can video it, especially the tazing part. Please post on here ASAP...soiled pants or not
The wolf pack at my heals again . Looks like the alpha female has now howled!
Old 12-21-2020, 08:47 PM

Quote:
The wolf pack at my heals again . Looks like the alpha female has now howled!
You rant on about doing something stupid, and then you act surprised when people tell you to stop talking about it and just do it?
Old 12-21-2020, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankbait View Post
My puter is clunking out,, snip from a newspaper;

ounced on Sunday. There have been 34 deaths in central zone.

Hinshaw also clarified some of the health restrictions around outdoor activities. Hockey and shinny outdoors — even four-on-four — are not allowed.

“Any outdoor activity where individuals come within two metres of each other is not allowed. Skating or other outdoor activities can continue but all members of different households must stay at least two metres apart the whole time.”
Why did they have to clarify it if it was so cut and dry before that they had more than enough grounds to issue a ticket?

The police refused to tell him exactly what law he had broken. The health act covers a lot of things. It is your right, an actual RIGHT, to know what you are being accused of. Not just breaking the "law." Should he if left the ice? Yes. But the police also should of told him what he is being charged with. They are not allowed to just say you are breaking sone non descript law, you are under arrest. I have refused to provide ID walking down doing nothing wrong other than denying them the right to search my bag after getting off of transit. I have nothing against cops but I am not going to provide any more information than I absolutely have to and they must prove I have to.
Old 12-21-2020, 08:52 PM

Quote:
You rant on about doing something stupid, and then you act surprised when people tell you to stop talking about it and just do it?
I'm starting to wonder if his experience in IT isn't just playing on his Moms computer in the basement
Old 12-21-2020, 09:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm starting to wonder if his experience in IT isn't just playing on his Moms computer in the basement
Little cranky ! You must be in heat!!
Old 12-21-2020, 10:11 PM

Default 1 down, who’s next?

You folks need to keep the discussion respectful, or I’ll be sending more people to the penalty box.
Old 12-21-2020, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
I spoke with a higher ranking EPS person today. Charges against Ocean to be dropped tomorrow.
My friend advocates the 2 female LEOs to be fired. Also didn’t have much time for the male cop who stood watching it all without either A) helping the ladies or B) helping the young man

Such a train wreck.

Randy: someone advocating something to happen does not mean it will happen. Basically if it were my friends call, those two lady cops would not be cops any longer. But clearly it wasn’t my friends decision.
Hope that makes sense
Old 12-21-2020, 10:36 PM

Quote:

Careful lol. He’s a Bunyan clone
Old 12-21-2020, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
When the Government stands by and tries the less restrictive approach to this virus ,you lot bellyache that they didn’t act soon enough or weren’t aggressive enough ,therefore it’s their fault the virus spread is rising exponentially .

When the government takes action and tries to do whatever it can to slow the spread , you lot immediately take action and sit down at your keyboards to berate them for taking draconian measure that aren’t needed. Hitler is brought into the mix as someone they are possibly trying to emulate. You bemoan the fact that you now live in a tyrannical regime that is surely going to escalate and remove your rights one at a time till the gulag is the next step in their evil plot to bring about and end to a pandemic .

You ridiculed Trump for not taking the virus seriously and showing zero leadership to get the virus under control . He is the poster boy for how to let the virus get out of control, by not bringing in needed restrictions, yet you gripe and moan when the government does take actions .

Some punk kid in Calgary resists the police and acts like a diva and suddenly it’s a human rights tribunal. What do you think the cops are going to do ,apologize and go on their merry way because he is being an entitled little brat? If they do then every punk in town gets it in there head that all they have to do is get lippy and yap back at the cops and they will crumble and let them have their way.
There were 40 others there skating and playing hockey and 39 of them had enough sense to call it a day and the only thing that happened to them is that they didn’t get their ugly mugs on the evening news.
I would lean more towards this take on the situation. I do agree the rule is silly as they are outdoors, and excursing so better than average chance they would be safe from harm of CV. To me this is no different than a ski hill, that said they are trying to get numbers down and "hopefully" only lasts "a few weeks" then we can at least get back to this with no issues.
I know the video doesn't show 40 people, but a friend of mine his kid plays Jr hockey, and this is the talk as you can imagine. He was saying by he time this video takes place this had been going on for like 40 minutes, so I am guessing the masses had just left, like Ocean should have just done. Pack up and move on down the road to a rink with less people, and enjoy your day.
Old 12-21-2020, 11:12 PM

In time we will see how his plays out. For now this has turned into a train wreck. We’re done
Closed Thread