Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-13-2019, 11:37 AM

You know what did people do to the traitors in my old country?
Old 10-13-2019, 11:42 AM

Honestly, as much as I love living in Alberta, if this election goes completely wrong, I and many others are going to be seriously looking at out of country options. I REALLY REALLY hope it doesn't go that way.
Old 10-13-2019, 11:55 AM

Screw it, I’m not giving up! We need to fight for this province and for this country. Every vote counts. It’s easy to pack and leave. Don’t be a quitter.
Old 10-13-2019, 01:29 PM

I’m out putting up signage. We have one trouble location with a serial vandal, destroyed at least three times but they hit every parties signs rather than just one, perhaps some anarchist type. I’m nearly done my “main battle tank” just-try-and-destroy-this version 5.0. Will report in on how that one fares. 300+ lbs of scavenged lumber . Vandal will need a chainsaw and spare fuel, lol.

Heading for an errand I encountered a vandalized sign elsewhere and had to stop and spend 35 minutes or so fixing that back up. In that instance ours was the only one trashed out of the group
Old 10-13-2019, 01:41 PM

went yesterday....a number of people around, but was in and out in short order, as most seemed to be.

Voting goes quick when there's no need to spend any time thinking about who gets your " X " .

Sure hope the elected party blends with the sky
Old 10-13-2019, 02:25 PM

It is seriously concerning that the vote on the right could be split with folks voting for the CPC.

Leave the vote splitting for the lefties. It's our only true chance at a majority.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2019, 04:25 PM

Not going to panic yet. Even if the worst happens, I am convinced over the long term we will have a Fed gov that will have some gunsense.
Old 10-13-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
Not going to panic yet. Even if the worst happens, I am convinced over the long term we will have a Fed gov that will have some gunsense.
To a Government, gunsense means having all the guns.

Ask yourself this question…
Just what is it that government has in mind
that they feel they cannot do with an armed society?
http://www.lasc.us/

Good Luck, & SOS.
Old 10-13-2019, 04:47 PM

Another advance poll vote to "Turf The Turd".

My grandchildren's grandchildren will be paying for his past 4 years in office, and I don't even have any grandchildren yet

Mr Conservation
Old 10-13-2019, 06:50 PM
Banned

So I go the early voting booth today and ask the nice lady what happens to the ballot boxes tonight after the polls close. She says 3 different scrutineers sign off on the CARDBOARD ballot confirming a WHITE STICKER is firmly placed over todays entered ballots and then she takes to ballot box HOME until tomorrow morning!!
WTF!!
The only reason I asked her about this item, is because my friends wife is a scrutineer and she told him, she's bringing HOME the ballot boxes ?? WHAT??
Old 10-13-2019, 07:26 PM

Voted
Old 10-13-2019, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram crazy View Post
In our great country the east controls the vote. Now if they would change the system to where every province get the same number of ridings then you’d see a different attitude from people!!
Oh trust me I know. Half the time before the polls are closed here in montana they have already called the election and declared a winner. Our 3 electoral college votes don’t mean much especially since Montanans have an entirely different set of beliefs and culture than say Florida or California, both states with high number of electoral college votes. My Point is if everyone figures their vote doesn’t mean anything nobody will go vote and everyone will complain because numbnuts ..xxxx.. got elected. Again if you vote you have a right to complain if you didn’t vote well you and how many others didn’t which resulted in the mess we have for the next 4 years??

On a side note, despite being eligible to vote in Canada I have not lived there for over 17 years, so I do not vote in Canada. I am not informed on the current issues facing Canadian residents and don’t believe I should be allowed to say how my Friends up north will be governed for the next # of years. Now here in the States I vote because I keep informed on the issues facing Americans and the elections down here directly affect my life.

Last edited by fordtruckin; 10-13-2019 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Blake View Post
Yes it does mean much. Every vote means something. Glad you went out and voted. We voted Friday.

I see Trudeau was wearing a bullet proof vest in his Mississauga Rally yesterday...and surrounded by armoured up LEO's due to a purported threat. Probably another one of his attention getting stunts to highlight more gun control legislation he wants to implement.
Just to clarify, those were not armed LEO's...they were private security as I found a pic blown up of them surrounding turdo and the crest on the front of their coveralls. The back packs are probably part of a camping voucher issued by the Liberals.. I think this whole thing is a political stunt by the Liberal War Room. So sad to impact honest gun owners.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:55 PM

Voted.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 10-14-2019, 03:13 PM

Advanced poll was not busy when I was in there the other day, basically me and two other voters, about 8 staff. They said they were busy off and on but not steady. I drove past a short time ago and holly cow, it was lined up out the door. Hope the ones down east are at least as busy.
Old 10-14-2019, 03:25 PM

As I always say if you don't vote, don't complain, as you have no right to if you did not make an effort to change status quo