Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-12-2019, 09:07 AM

Default Edourd Maurice

As most of you are aware Edouard Maurice is being sued by the perp that was breaking into his vehicles near Okotoks. The perp claims that he suffers from PTSD, can't sleep at night, pain etc. All because he was hit by a ricochet from a warning shot when he wouldn't leave the property when confronted by Maurice.

There is a fund raiser for Maurice and his family to finance a counter suit against the perp. So far the fund has received $60,357 from 712 contributors. Maurice has to win the counter suit or all property owners will lose.

To assist Maurice and his family, which has already gone through Hell with our legal system, one can donate to this most worthy cause by entering Fundrazr, scroll down to "find campaigns" then scroll down and click of the photo of Maurice and his family. Click on "donate".

By helping him, we are helping all property owners. Premier Jason Kenny donated $100 to this cause.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:16 AM

Thanks for the info.
I will be donating. I hope everyone can give something to help them out. Here is a chance to make a small statement.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:52 AM

Default Link

Any way someone could put up a link?
Ive never heard of this specific crowd funding site before.
Old 10-12-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Curl Earl View Post
Any way someone could put up a link?
Ive never heard of this specific crowd funding site before.
Just google eddie maurice defense fund. You will find it. Click on contribute. Visa, master card etc.
Old 10-12-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabbo View Post
Just google eddie maurice defense fund. You will find it. Click on contribute. Visa, master card etc.
I'd prefer if someone simply posted the address of the plaintiff.

Poof, no lawsuit!
Old 10-12-2019, 10:37 AM

https://fundrazr.com/21ZBI8?ref=ab_7...TU076sjVRkVTU0

Thomas Sowell
Old 10-12-2019, 11:06 AM
Banned

wouldnt his insurance cover the lawsuit as he wasnt found criminally responsible? Seems a bit odd they arent involved.
Old 10-12-2019, 11:21 AM

Glad to see the go fund me doing well but where the hell are the Pro Gun groups like CSSA in this. I am a member of three of them to specifically support this kind of push back on stupid prosecutions. They should be lined up providing lawyers and funds to help them fight this. I am going to email each of them and ask them what specifically they are doing to help out with this case.
Old 10-12-2019, 01:25 PM
Banned

Part of a growing trend in Canada these days where perpetrators are made out to be victims and the real victims get forgotten about. Very sad to see. I wish this man well and hope the crook with "PTSD" gets whatever he's got coming to him. Disgraceful.
Old 10-12-2019, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Glad to see the go fund me doing well but where the hell are the Pro Gun groups like CSSA in this. I am a member of three of them to specifically support this kind of push back on stupid prosecutions. They should be lined up providing lawyers and funds to help them fight this. I am going to email each of them and ask them what specifically they are doing to help out with this case.
Please keep us updated on your results
Old 10-12-2019, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Hardin View Post
Please keep us updated on your results
I definitely will but it would help it if ALL members emailed their various fish and game clubs, ranges and lobby groups. We can't just sit back and wait for others to take up the fight.
Old 10-12-2019, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Thanks Piker. Guess I should have done that myself. I forget that people may not be as familiar with the electronic world as others. Still have nothing to do with face book etc. and very leery to put credit card info. out there myself.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:13 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:

Quote:
I definitely will but it would help it if ALL members emailed their various fish and game clubs, ranges and lobby groups. We can't just sit back and wait for others to take up the fight.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 10-13-2019, 07:36 AM

As good as money, would be showing up in court to offer moral support for this man.

Grizz
Old 10-13-2019, 08:20 AM

Donation done