Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-30-2019, 05:14 PM
Talking moose's Avatar
Talking moose Talking moose is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Camrose
Posts: 10,187
Default Oilers 2019/2020 regular and playoff thread

Yes you heard right!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-30-2019, 05:37 PM
Jamie Jamie is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 9,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Yes you heard right!
I love the unabashed optimism even though that is so far out of reality is kinda funny!! BUT, you deserve this, I with you! Your team will soon show you the truth.

Good luck MOOSE!!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-30-2019, 05:46 PM
Talking moose's Avatar
Talking moose Talking moose is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Camrose
Posts: 10,187
Default

I see Neal playing with mcdavid and drai. Neal being the main trigger man. 20 goals definitely. 30 realistically. 40 hopefully.
Thx again flames management.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-30-2019, 05:57 PM
kevinhits's Avatar
kevinhits kevinhits is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,558
Default

Too early
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-30-2019, 05:58 PM
Pixel Shooter's Avatar
Pixel Shooter Pixel Shooter is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sherwood Park
Posts: 3,565
Default

Your welcome . Yes we have the cap hit but saved us $10m in cold hard cash. Well make it thru the 4 years lmao. Our new building getting approved today will be a nice distraction 😂

Isnt it a little eary to be getting excited about the oil lol btw whose betting money on the season this year. Booze cabinet needs refilling after a harsh winter 😝

Last edited by Pixel Shooter; 07-30-2019 at 06:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-30-2019, 05:59 PM
Talking moose's Avatar
Talking moose Talking moose is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Camrose
Posts: 10,187
Default

Nope.
Nope.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-30-2019, 06:44 PM
Bigwoodsman Bigwoodsman is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Yes you heard right!
I like the way you roll!

BW
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-30-2019, 06:51 PM
Jamie Jamie is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 9,916
Default

You know moose. if the Oilers are not in the playoff hunt by the end of Nov you are going to have to eat that title for a LONGGGGG time.

Sure you thought this one through?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-30-2019, 06:57 PM
Talking moose's Avatar
Talking moose Talking moose is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Camrose
Posts: 10,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
You know moose. if the Oilers are not in the playoff hunt by the end of Nov you are going to have to eat that title for a LONGGGGG time.

Sure you thought this one through?
Where were the blues at Xmas?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-30-2019, 07:01 PM
Talking moose's Avatar
Talking moose Talking moose is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Camrose
Posts: 10,187
Default

Either way. Even not making the playoffs last year they tied flames for playoff points. Basically they are so good that they dont even have to play hockey to keep up with some teams during playoffs...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-30-2019, 07:16 PM
Skoaltender's Avatar
Skoaltender Skoaltender is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Alberta
Posts: 754
Default

Its crazy how the oil are mathematically out of the playoffs before the season even started. Always 2021.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-30-2019, 07:47 PM
guysmiley guysmiley is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
Your welcome . Yes we have the cap hit but saved us $10m in cold hard cash. Well make it thru the 4 years lmao. Our new building getting approved today will be a nice distraction 😂

Isnt it a little eary to be getting excited about the oil lol btw whose betting money on the season this year. Booze cabinet needs refilling after a harsh winter 😝
So... what's the wager?

I'm feeling it this year for the first time in a long time. Not sure why.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-30-2019, 08:33 PM
huntsfurfish huntsfurfish is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 6,563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Yes you heard right!
woohoo
__________________
.

eat a snickers


made in Alberta__ born n raised.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-30-2019, 08:36 PM
Trochu's Avatar
Trochu Trochu is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 4,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
You know moose. if the Oilers are not in the playoff hunt by the end of Nov you are going to have to eat that title for a LONGGGGG time.

Sure you thought this one through?
I'm sure it will be deleted before the season even starts.....
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-30-2019, 08:44 PM
Trochu's Avatar
Trochu Trochu is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 4,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Either way. Even not making the playoffs last year they tied flames for playoff points. Basically they are so good that they dont even have to play hockey to keep up with some teams during playoffs...
Not really, that would be the same amount of playoff wins as Tampa and Pittsburg. Yup, that Oilers are just as good as the 29 other teams that didn't win, so technically, tied for second in the league.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-30-2019, 08:49 PM
Talking moose's Avatar
Talking moose Talking moose is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Camrose
Posts: 10,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Not really, that would be the same amount of playoff wins as Tampa and Pittsburg. Yup, that Oilers are just as good as the 29 other teams that didn't win, so technically, tied for second in the league.
107......79..... all the same. 107 point cup is the same dimensions as the 79 one. Lol
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-30-2019, 08:50 PM
Talking moose's Avatar
Talking moose Talking moose is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Camrose
Posts: 10,187
Default

But ya. This year we going for 108 points.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-30-2019, 09:16 PM
Trochu's Avatar
Trochu Trochu is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 4,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
But ya. This year we going for 108 points.
We rested Neal for you, so he can't use that excuse again. Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-30-2019, 09:29 PM
Talking moose's Avatar
Talking moose Talking moose is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Camrose
Posts: 10,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
We rested Neal for you, so he can't use that excuse again. Good luck.
Weve rested looch for 2 years.... hahaha
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-30-2019, 09:43 PM
Trochu's Avatar
Trochu Trochu is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 4,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Weve rested looch for 2 years.... hahaha
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-30-2019, 09:54 PM
Rig-Rat's Avatar
Rig-Rat Rig-Rat is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
I see Neal playing with mcdavid and drai. Neal being the main trigger man. 20 goals definitely. 30 realistically. 40 hopefully.
Thx again flames management.
And I see you being very disappointed, like most Oiler fans you think you have the Neal from Nashville, when instead you got the Neal from Calgary. He won't be keeping up to them two in a game situation, will be dropped a line, likely dropped to the third line where he will get pizzy and mope cause he isn't getting his first line minutes.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-30-2019, 10:02 PM
RandyBoBandy's Avatar
RandyBoBandy RandyBoBandy is online now
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Yes you heard right!

I love your enthusiasm
__________________
Only people with souls should be allowed to post on the internet.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-31-2019, 02:34 AM
does it ALL outdoors's Avatar
does it ALL outdoors does it ALL outdoors is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
And I see you being very disappointed, like most Oiler fans you think you have the Neal from Nashville, when instead you got the Neal from Calgary. He won't be keeping up to them two in a game situation, will be dropped a line, likely dropped to the third line where he will get pizzy and mope cause he isn't getting his first line minutes.
You're sure hoping hey?

Any progress would be good progress at this point for the Oil.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-31-2019, 02:37 AM
does it ALL outdoors's Avatar
does it ALL outdoors does it ALL outdoors is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post

I love your enthusiasm
X2

Looking forward to the BOA's this year.

Wounder if that caveman Looch will goon it up against us, if he can keep up to the play
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-31-2019, 07:22 AM
Trochu's Avatar
Trochu Trochu is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 4,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post
....if he can keep up to the play
Well, James Neal certainly doesn't make the Oil faster.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-31-2019, 07:59 AM
Talking moose's Avatar
Talking moose Talking moose is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Camrose
Posts: 10,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Well, James Neal certainly doesn't make the Oil faster.
If they had traded Looch for Neal it certainly would have......oh wait..... they did! Lol
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-31-2019, 08:03 AM
Trochu's Avatar
Trochu Trochu is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 4,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
If they had traded Looch for Neal it certainly would have......oh wait..... they did! Lol
I don't know man, you switched jerseys, and most time you'd have though Neal was playing defense for the other team, and still wonder why he was playing so far back.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-31-2019, 08:11 AM
Talking moose's Avatar
Talking moose Talking moose is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Camrose
Posts: 10,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I don't know man, you switched jerseys, and most time you'd have though Neal was playing defense for the other team, and still wonder why he was playing so far back.
Might be close, but Id put money on Neal if him and looch ever raced.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-31-2019, 09:30 AM
bessiedog's Avatar
bessiedog bessiedog is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,491
Default Gauntlet thrown down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
Your welcome . Yes we have the cap hit but saved us $10m in cold hard cash. Well make it thru the 4 years lmao. Our new building getting approved today will be a nice distraction 😂

Isnt it a little eary to be getting excited about the oil lol btw whose betting money on the season this year. Booze cabinet needs refilling after a harsh winter 😝
Oooooohhhhyea!

Ill take that bet!

Bottle fer bottle!

Oil will do better n Shames this year! Get used to those first shot first goal experiences...... they were such a boost.



Go Oil!!!!
__________________
"How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.
-HDT
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends on the character of the user." T. Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-31-2019, 09:47 AM
Trochu's Avatar
Trochu Trochu is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 4,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Get used to those first shot first goal experiences...... they were such a boost.

Go Oil!!!!
Get used to dump ins that happen to be on net going in.

The Flames advantage here is that Smith may be your starter whereas Talbot is firmly in the backup role and hopefully only starts about 20 games.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.