Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-20-2019, 12:11 PM
Banned

Default NZ buy back program

Here you have it folks.

https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/def...price-list.pdf

Take note of all those Browning BARs and benelli shotguns and other HUNTING guns.

Think the fudds will wake up here before it's too late?
I doubt it but maybe!!

Pass it along to all your fudd friends and grand daddys who believe no one should have black rifles.
Old 06-20-2019, 02:00 PM

Taking a look at the list is absolutely scary. M1 Garand, lever .22's, pump shotguns etc. that a lot of people own with out owning a so called scary AR-15 and don't think this applies to them. Shinny Pony wants to implement the same thing here I am sure and will make it apart of the reelection platform if the cry baby's don't get to him first and he goes ahead with it before the election is called.
Old 06-20-2019, 02:35 PM

Quite alarming! That list is long and seemingly unrelated to the actual problem. And I love that they will pay different amounts based on condition... I'm sure they will find something wrong with all of them to save money.

They even have the humble SKS on the list.

And the polite statement at the end is a really nice touch:

"Police is committed to working with firearms communities so the transition to the new laws is as easy as possible. We thank you for taking part in the buy-back process".

Last edited by guysmiley; 06-20-2019 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-20-2019, 03:41 PM

Default Dollar value

The other thing to keep in mind is that a NZ dollar is only worth .87 Cdn.

I understand the program has run into some hurdles as very few people are complying with turning in their guns.

Last edited by Puma; 06-20-2019 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-20-2019, 04:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma View Post
The other thing to keep in mind is that a NZ dollar is only worth .87 Cdn.

I understand the program has run into some hurdles as very few people are complying with turning in their guns.
That's why I said don't worry about the price. Also by time it gets to the cop shop your bnib rifle will be "used" aka tossed in the trunk and scratched to hell so they will pay you as little as possible.

They want ALL guns, not just the tactical ones.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:47 PM

Default NZ Firearms and Parts Buy Back Price List June 2019

Guess who is paying attention to this.......?
1. Trudeau
2. Trudeau
3. All Of The Above

https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/def...price-list.pdf
John 3:16
Firearms Owners are the difference between FREEDOM & TYRANNY!
Gun Control is Population Control
Old 06-20-2019, 05:52 PM

Oh to have a few shipping containers of firearms to sell to NZ's gov't, if only to use the profit to buy more brand-new firearms. Looks like today 1 dollar Canadian is $1.15 NZ.

The conversion of what they're paying for a Daniel Defense in good condition equates to $2891 Canadian, I've bought them in excellent used condition for $1400.
Nicholas Cage in 'Lord of War' would be in his element.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 06-20-2019 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:45 PM
Banned

Lol for those hunters and gun owners that says "they won't take away bolt actions, pumps, and manual actions" "As long its only the black scary looking guns, then I'm A OK with a partial gun confiscation"

And all I can say is good. get your manual action fire arms confiscated. You won't stand up for my right to have a black semi-auto? Then I will let the commies take your rights to your manual actions as well. In fact, I will advocate for it just to screw you over.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:20 PM

Holy crapolini! I AM RICH!!! This is a get rich fast scheme! An SKS will fetch you a grand! In worst case -$500! We should all pitch in and buy whatever we can find in Canada. You get them now at $200-$250. Surrender them for $700....
WOW! I’m exited!
Old 06-20-2019, 08:34 PM

Default Optics

Why isnt there a section for your optics? Without the rifle the scope is pretty much useless. I have some glass that is worth 2 or 3 rifles. If I was a Kiwi i would be furious.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Holy crapolini! I AM RICH!!! This is a get rich fast scheme! An SKS will fetch you a grand! In worst case -$500! We should all pitch in and buy whatever we can find in Canada. You get them now at $200-$250. Surrender them for $700....
WOW! I’m exited!
Ken's got a large boat, but we'll need something bigger for the trans-Pacific crossing with 1200lbs of firearms each x 200.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg View Post
Why isnt there a section for your optics? Without the rifle the scope is pretty much useless. I have some glass that is worth 2 or 3 rifles. If I was a Kiwi i would be furious.
Cause they say you can mount it to your grand daddys single shot cooey!!

That's why.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:55 PM

Absolutely insane !
Apparently even bolt action 22’s are to be turns in !
Methinks there is going to be a run on shovels and PVC-pipe at the hardware stores in NZ,
What s bloody disgrace .....
Cat
Old 06-20-2019, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Absolutely insane !
Methinks there is going to be a run on shovels and PVC-pipe at the hardware stores in NZ,
Cat
We should send them shovels and pipe, and Canadian immigrant applications in case they want to come bolster our numbers up here. Good folks those Kiwi's.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:23 PM

Take a bunch of double and O&U shotguns, after the kiwi's give up the pumps and SA's they'll be looking for replacements and take some bolt action .223's they will have a lot of ammunition to use up.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:34 PM

I would love to have some SKS d model sent here instead of incinerator Jesus this is Ludacris. A shotty with over 6 mag, so dumb.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:02 PM

Wow! I did not know that .22's and waterfowling shotguns were going on the list, or I just did not consider it. Talk about a knee-jerk reaction!!! I did not know that responsible firearm owners were such a problem in New Zealand......
Old 06-20-2019, 10:26 PM

And yet again: thank all those gunnies on this very forum who shouted with glee when old sparkle socks got elected..."cause the Conservatives were not moving quick enough on gun laws" well the Liberals are moving very fast ......

50 years of fighting insane gun laws only to be stabbed in the back by our fellow firearms owner....nice.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Ken's got a large boat, but we'll need something bigger for the trans-Pacific crossing with 1200lbs of firearms each x 200.
A boat? Who needs a boat! We can hire the big Antonov, load it up full of sks and make a poop load of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 06-21-2019, 07:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz Dog View Post
Wow! I did not know that .22's and waterfowling shotguns were going on the list, or I just did not consider it. Talk about a knee-jerk reaction!!! I did not know that responsible firearm owners were such a problem in New Zealand......
Did you think only tactical guns were on the chopping block? To the antis its only a waterfowl shotgun until the stock is synthetic.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:26 PM

Suspect a buyback like that here, would be well north of 200 million just on the registered black guns, add in the various centerfire autoloaders, well north of 500 million, just for the ones that people would be willing to turn in.
Not that the Libs would do a program like this in the first place. They're too cheap to do it, they'd rather get them for nothing, by incremental legislation.
Old 06-22-2019, 06:59 AM

None of you guys will be making a dime, as you don't have a NZ firearms licence, and the buy back theft, is only applies to legal NZ firearms owners, I take a 30% cut, if you get rifles to NZ, lol.
Firearms in NZ are much more expensive, a Sako finnlight, for instance is about $3600, verse $2300 in Canada.
All semi auto centerfires are banned
All shotguns holding more than six shots.
No rifle, may hold more than ten shots.
I've got two rifles affected, a BSA. .22 with 12 shot tube mag, and a tidy 742 in 6 mm Remington. Neither are particularly important to me, but the principles, behind this whole suituation, really **** me off,
Old 06-22-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Absolutely insane !
Cat
Yup, apparently, even tube fed .22 s are now illegal.

Grizz
Old 06-22-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
And yet again: thank all those gunnies on this very forum who shouted with glee when old sparkle socks got elected..."cause the Conservatives were not moving quick enough on gun laws" well the Liberals are moving very fast ......

50 years of fighting insane gun laws only to be stabbed in the back by our fellow firearms owner....nice.
Who? Sounds like early dementia to me...
Old 06-25-2019, 02:04 AM

Read this and cringe;

Copied from Kiwi Gun Blog.

My name is John Herbert and I was one of the experts involved with KPMG led pricing scheme for the buyback. I am also part of the Firearms Community Advisory Forum that works with Police to advise on legislation etc.

There are some things you need to know.

The published document has errors and omissions. This occurred because of the following reasons.

1. Like the legislation it was rushed. All the pricing was done over one 5 hour period. 5 hours to get a possible 1 billion dollar buy back correct. KPMG made it clear this was our one shot at it.
2. The pricing was not checked post the meeting by the experts but was presented as written by KPMG staff who were constantly being corrected by the experts during the 5 hours we were doing the pricing. The KPMG staff had no firearms experience at all and did not understand the terminology or descriptions.
3. There were separate prices for E category firearms and A category firearms. This is not reflected in the document.
4. The experts all agreed that accessories specifically magazines should be purchased at full retail, KPMG agreed. 70% means that most people will get less than what the paid
5. The pricing for collectable Semi Autos like M1 Garand’s M1 Carbines and German WW2 rifles is incorrect. It was made clear to KPMG that these rifles are appreciating in value and that a 95 70 25% value rating does not reflect their actual value. Simply put a Garand is 70 years old now, how can new or near new be applied in this instance? The pricing given for these collectables was based on the documented sale prices of these rifles over the last two years. Any Garand in reasonable condition will be a $6k plus rifle.
6. The parts list has many omissions, again everything was rushed, but some items have just not been included. There is no parts list for many rifles L1A1, G3, M14 etc. Nothing for rifle stocks and barrels for many rifles.
7. The document has ambiguous descriptions and double entries; again if it was fact checked by the experts this could have been fixed. As an example there are multiple entries for SVT40 rifles as well as for M1 Garand’s. Bushmaster AR15 rifles don’t even have a price, (plenty of them in NZ).
8. Experts agreed with KPMG that individual valuations could take place and the fee should be fair, say $50. $120 is not fair.
9. There is nothing published that addresses pricing of Semi Auto bespoke accessories like AR15 only Scopes, slings, Bayonets magazine pouches etc. These items are all useless with the rifles and owners will want compensation at market value.

Again we have a rushed half arsed process that says to firearm owners we don’t care about you and we don’t care to understand what your assets are worth. When the Australians who were involved with their buyback came over in March April to advise they made it very clear to the Government and Police “You need to pay full price if you want compliance”. Clearly this has been ignored. Many in the firearms community and all involved in the pricing are appalled.

The published pricing has dramatically increased the chances of Noncompliance. Noncompliance is the worst case scenario and Police will attest to that. In NZ we expect things to be fair; when the Govt buys your house so they can put a road through they pay market value, why is this model not being applied to firearms owners who it must be said have done nothing wrong here. As a community we are being treated as second class citizens, our opinions are not being listened to and our assets are being taken at below market rates. We believe the low prices reflect the governments fear over the cost of the buyback, we believe they know full well this will cost over 1 billion dollars but will it make NZ a safer place? Not when the likelihood of a big Grey Gun market is rapidly becoming a reality.

Kiwi Gun Blog
Old 06-25-2019, 10:20 AM

Thumbs down Rights and/or property

Penn Jillette's quote transcends borders.
Attached Images
File Type: png taking rights away.png (227.5 KB, 82 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 06-26-2019, 07:34 PM
Banned

From another forum. Take it as you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote View Post
I received this from a customer in New Zealand and really thought I should share this , Mods I wasn't 100% sure where to post this but thought this might be the place for it

I write this as a warning to your shooting community. Your Prime ministers are friends with our young prime minister, Jacinda Adern. The new gun control legislation is taking all our firearms . They are buying back our Semiautos, all of them including old winchesters, Remingtons, ALL OF THEM. The only semiauto firearms allowed are rimfires .22 cal or smaller and shotguns with fixed magazines.

Rimfire magazine's can hold no more than 10 rounds, and shotguns can hold no more than 5 rounds in a fixed magazine. All firearms that can hold more than 10 rounds including lever, pump, bolt, rimfire or centetfire are banned. The most they are paying for firearms is 90% of a made up base price for new firearms and 75% for second hand. The average for all new AR platform firearms is about $1800.00 US x 90%=$1600.00USD. They want everyone to hand back their firearms at big public events where it can all be filmed by our biased media. This of course is government publicity. Firearms are only owned by 5% of the population.

The Democratic process followed here was half a day to read the proposed legislation, and to email a submission to the Parliament committee overseeing the new laws. 16000.00 were overnight. The next day the legislation was approved and passed into law. What a joke. When the buy back detail was finally released 7 days ago, it was revealed the expert panel had 5 hours to put together the document..The financial organisation overseeing this was KPMH and they ignored all the expert recommendations and advised the government to pay next to nothing for the guns. NO FAIR COMPENSATION HAS BEEN OFFERED.

Now the second round of laws are to be released. These include universal registration, and a ban on any firearm in 300 Winchester Magnum or of equivalent or more power balistically. The police are advising the govermnent. They tell the media " a 16 year old can get a gun license, buy a sniper rifle for less than $10000.00 NZ and kill people at two miles". No mention of optics , ammunition or ability, or that the best trained snipers in the world have only done this type of shot 11 times in history. They base their logic by watching the movies American Sniper and similar. Strangely the government is trying to ban cigarette smoking but at the same time legalizing Marijuana.

The police have been directed to not prosecute people for possession or use of any drug including heroin or Methinfedamine, cocaine as they are victims of drug addiction. They are legalizing abortion at 36 weeks as long as the baby has not been born. New Zealand has the worst statistics for killing babies and young children in the developed world. We also have extremely bad domestic violence statistics. But our firearms deaths statistics are very good compared to most countries. Gun owners have become the scapegoat for other issues the govermnent wishes to keep in the background. Sorry men for burdening you with my problems, and once again thankyou for your help in the past.

Best Regards
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Y'all see that bit about taking your 300 win mag and "stronger" calibers???

WAKE UP!!! If you or someone you know is a FUDD, I urge you to pull your head/their head out of your butt/their butt and get on the same page as the black rifle owners.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTailAB View Post
From another forum. Take it as you will.

Y'all see that bit about taking your 300 win mag and "stronger" calibers???

WAKE UP!!! If you or someone you know is a FUDD, I urge you to pull your head/their head out of your butt/their butt and get on the same page as the black rifle owners.
You're asking for ppl (FUDDs) to stand up for black rifle owners. People that doesn't have skin in the game.

So, here's what you do to get the FUDDs have skin in the game. You advocate the banning of all actions of firearms, ammunition type, all crossbows, bows, all types of projectile throwing object. Ban all knives, Ban hunting rights and ban fishing rights. Make sure that the punishment is severe too. Something along the lines of going to the gulags or something.

Make it so that the pain of inaction is greater than the pain of action. Then, maybe then will those FUDDs move.

But as long as those FUDDs doesn't have skin in the game. Find a way to make them have skin in the game. Screw them over hard.

But,IMHO, I think Canada is going to go the way of NZ eventually. Maybe Venezula???. But if that ever happens (the way of the venezula). I'm leaving Canada. I ain't going to die for just owning a firearm. So, If that day ever comes. I hope the FUDDs enjoy it. Lol
Old 06-26-2019, 08:25 PM
Banned

Did you miss the part where it says NZ wants to ban the 300 win mag round and rounds more powerful than that? What about 6.5cals they can easily reach as far or further than the 300wm.

Everyone is gonna be hunting with a .223.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:15 PM

The term “Fudd” is so over used and misunderstood that it seems that anytime someone wants to bash some individual or group the term Fudd gets tossed into the conversation .
Personally I don’t shoot Black rifles (or semi auto pistols fir that natter) and have been called a Fudd because of it.
However I have been a staunch advocate of responsible firearms ownership no matter what type it is,since the mid 60’s so anytime I see a post with that word in it I don’t give it much weight .
Joining a national firearms organization , and paying visits to your MLA and writing letters will go far greater towards getting legislation turned over than ranting on a gun forum , but that is just my opinion.
Carry on.......
Cat