Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-28-2017, 05:42 PM

Default Shots fired. Another waste of skin that should not have been apprehended

so family dispute in north toronto leads guy to take a shot at his own brother. Then to avoid being apprehended he tries 4 times to carjack people finally shooting a woman to get her honda vehicle. High speed chase ensues up highway 400 where he twice fires at police vehicles in pursuit. 40 cars converge on him and he is finally taken into custody with the use of a spike belt near Barrie just up the highway an hour.
Shooting at family member, use of a firearm in commision of an attempted hijacking including wounding a woman to take her car. Attempting to shoot at police while fleeing. Is there anyone beside me wondering why the he double hockey sticks this guy got taken into custody so he could lawyer up and tell everyone what a bad life he has had that forced him to do everything today??
should have ended in gun fire with one casualty!!
Old 06-28-2017, 05:49 PM
Banned

...purge the filth.......
Old 06-28-2017, 06:35 PM

The bad guy does not play by the rules and for the most part that is what makes him a bad guy!

At this point he has no value to society!

From this point on going through the process and giving him his rights (trial) will probably cost us more than this guy will ever contribute!

That said, in order for the cops and society to be the good guys, the cops have to play by the rules. They have to respond to the situation presented. What unfolds in the final seconds will be guessed and second guessed for eternity. This situation could have been ended with one well placed shot but the whole world would have all the time in the world to form an opinion on that shot.

The cops are in a dammed if they do and damned if they don't situation and even after the final inquiry that probably would exonerate the cops there would be many that would feel the system was rigged in favor of the cops.
There was a choice here between life and death and who knows what choice the bad guy made, but I know that at least one cop made a choice. This situation ended without death.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:17 PM

Default I appreciate and understand that covey the cops have to play by the rules

Any time anyone makes a mistake with a firearm someone is at risk of being hurt or killed.
this guy knowingly made a choice to carelessly use a firearm at least 6 times today.
Any person who was unbiased about firearms may have formed a negative opinion after hearing about this incident.
If he was a licenced owner he has negatively impacted all firearms owners
If he was an illegal firearm owner he may have provoked calls for more legislation to ensure it cant happen again.
There is no upside to this situation except that my cousin in the OPP in Orillia was not harmed.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:33 PM

Another upside I see in this case is that the Police never has to get into the debate about killing the offender when there was a another option.

Glad you cousin is OK He is probably a man who puts his life on the line for those who don't care about life and even their own.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:05 PM

Police helicopters should have some fire power too, stop them chases in their tracks lol.

Good thing no one got killed by this scum bag.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
so family dispute in north toronto leads guy to take a shot at his own brother. Then to avoid being apprehended he tries 4 times to carjack people finally shooting a woman to get her honda vehicle. High speed chase ensues up highway 400 where he twice fires at police vehicles in pursuit. 40 cars converge on him and he is finally taken into custody with the use of a spike belt near Barrie just up the highway an hour.
Shooting at family member, use of a firearm in commision of an attempted hijacking including wounding a woman to take her car. Attempting to shoot at police while fleeing. Is there anyone beside me wondering why the he double hockey sticks this guy got taken into custody so he could lawyer up and tell everyone what a bad life he has had that forced him to do everything today??
should have ended in gun fire with one casualty!!
Because we are a civilized society that does not need to descend into mob/vigilante justice.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:04 AM

The scumbag should never have been taken alive. Now we have to pay for this scumbag to go through the courts and then to house him in prison.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:02 AM

Better take away my guns so he won't do it again

Colin
Old 06-29-2017, 07:16 PM

I agree mount a 50 cal on that chopper, one strafing run and end of chase. A few more pot holes to fill