Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-02-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
Invade.

Invasion force made up of Alberta Sheriffs.

As long as the RCMP stand down of course.
Invade BC, not a bad idea. That's what they do in other countrys and as a reward they get free money from the U.N.
Old 06-02-2017, 04:48 PM
Banned

Wink

Some of what Alberta is up against here...

The Kinder Morgan pipeline and tanker project does not have the consent of First Nations or of British Columbians. Whether it’s oil spills that can’t be cleaned up, orcas that will become extinct, bad economics that risk jobs, running roughshod over Indigenous rights, or increasing carbon emissions in the age of runaway climate change, an approval of this project is the wrong direction for our region and our world.

Opposition to Kinder Morgan includes 59 First Nations, 21 BC municipalities including Vancouver, North Vancouver, Victoria, and Burnaby and over 200,000 citizens who have signed petitions opposing the pipeline and tanker project.

https://www.facebook.com/kennedy.ste...6767316417171/

My guess is that neither threats, nor whines, nor crying are going to make a hill of beans of difference in the way this shakes out...

Could obviously be not as right as I usually am in this case... ;-)

Cheers,
Nog
Old 06-02-2017, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post

The Kinder Morgan pipeline and tanker project does not have the consent of First Nations or of British Columbians. Whether it’s oil spills that can’t be cleaned up, orcas that will become extinct, bad economics that risk jobs, running roughshod over Indigenous rights, or increasing carbon emissions in the age of runaway climate change, an approval of this project is the wrong direction for our region and our world.

Opposition to Kinder Morgan includes 59 First Nations, 21 BC municipalities including Vancouver, North Vancouver, Victoria, and Burnaby and over 200,000 citizens who have signed petitions opposing the pipeline and tanker project.

My guess is that neither threats, nor whines, nor crying are going to make a hill of beans of difference in the way this shakes out...

Cheers,
Nog

Maybe Alberta will just have to tell the Islanders and Lower Mainlanders that it's not going to be bitumen in the pipelines, but raw sewage. Andrew Weaver and his ilk should have no problem getting behind that.

Thank goodness all of the shipping traffic and pulp/paper industry has never been the cause of any pollution in Port Alberni over the years.
Old 06-02-2017, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherpeak View Post
I am SICK about the election.Before you crap on all of B.C. remember that all the LGBTQ treehugging, save the bears and whales A-holes live in the lower wasteland.Most of this great province hate those people.But they have the population. Sure I`ll ride my bicycle to work with my chainsaw over my shoulder for 60 miles each way. Jeez
I`d be a happy man if we had a 9.8 earth quake that wiped out everything from Hope to the coast.
Likewise part of your comment should be dispelled and amended by removing all the great LGBT folks from your comment as I work with many who love making money working for oil and gas companies.

NOT all BCites and not all LGBT are anti pipeline.

SDF
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin

Last edited by Sundancefisher; 06-02-2017 at 05:28 PM.
Old 06-02-2017, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
1 )Set up inspection stations for all softwood lumber coming from BC.
Just to verify that none of it has any live pine beetles that could damage Alberta's and the rest of Canada's forests........for safety sake.

Staff them with one employee.
Forms have to be sent in advance and inspection booked 3 weeks ahead.

And the inspection fee is $1000.....

2) Any electrical transmission across Alberta needs a permit thats fee-volume based.

3) Any shipments from a BC port to the rest of Canada has to be offloaded, inspected, permitted in Alberta, etc.

4) Turn the fuel taps down 50% for a month or two

BC must think we are dependent on them.
They forget we control the space between them and the rest of Canada (excluding the NWT/Yukon). By them blocking us from the Coast, we can return the favor and block them from the rest of Canada.

They could always go to the US and see how negotiating access around us, with Washington State and Trump will turn out for them.
Good idea.

And power should not be generated by dams that damage habitat and released CO2 as a result of vegetation rot or loss of CO2 absorbing vegetation.

All lumber needs an Alberta carbon tax added because those trees stopped absorbing CO2.

Alberta new tree planting inspector must ensure new trees have all grown prior to release of old trees for sale.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 06-02-2017, 05:29 PM
Banned

Invade and conquer.
Old 06-02-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:

Cheers,
Nog
How many oil tankers currently come into a BC port to off load?
Old 06-02-2017, 05:36 PM
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
How many oil tankers currently come into a BC port to off load?
Zero.

And just for the masses info, I voted Liberal...

Cheers,
Nog
Old 06-02-2017, 05:43 PM

Effective immediately all BC TRADES PEOPLE cannot use there province issued red seal journeyman liscence in Alberta. All BC residents will pay a 20 percent carbon levy from there wages to work in this province. Wanna vote retarded than pay.
Old 06-02-2017, 05:47 PM

Default Not the people's fault.

Look what they had to choose from.
Anyway it's just going to have to play itself out. It also depends on how much Trudeau likes his equalization payments determines if he pushes it through or if he'll pander to Canada's largest population of SJW's.
Old 06-02-2017, 05:48 PM

Default Your the beginning.

Quote:
Zero.

Cheers,
Nog
You should start up a new conservative based party in B.C.
Old 06-02-2017, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Zero.

Cheers,
Nog
Tankers offload jet fuel at Vancouver.

BC residents also get a large amount of gasoline etc from Tanker traffic importing at Vancouver.
Old 06-02-2017, 06:10 PM
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Tankers offload jet fuel at Vancouver.
Port happens to be one hell of a LONG ways from Hongcouver ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda610 View Post
...Wanna vote retarded than pay.
Pot... Meet Kettle!

Cheers,
Nog
Old 06-02-2017, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Effective immediately all BC TRADES PEOPLE cannot use there province issued red seal journeyman liscence in Alberta. All BC residents will pay a 20 percent carbon levy from there wages to work in this province. Wanna vote retarded than pay.
Bar all workers from BC. There are lots of blue and white plates at every job site in my area, and they don't pay Alberta taxes. Tax them like they tax the foreign home buyers in Vancouver. and then bring in labour from off shore if needed. Boycott BC bud, that would cripple their economy or tell them the pipelines are for hash oil, etc etc etc.
Old 06-02-2017, 06:36 PM

I felt bad for Alberta when the NDP got in.

Thanks for painting us with the same brush over here in BC.
Old 06-02-2017, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Zero.

Cheers,
Nog
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a BC liberal similar to an AB conservative? Like what other choice did you folks have?
Old 06-02-2017, 07:02 PM

Default The truth about tanker traffic in the strait of juan de fuca

http://www.jwnenergy.com/article/201...anker-traffic/
500,000 barrels a day of oil similar to dilbit transits the strait of juan de fuca,
Alaskan oil bound for Seattle. KM pipeline will add 30 a month basically 1 a day. Yep sounds like the end of the world to me.

Last edited by mac1983; 06-02-2017 at 07:13 PM.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:06 PM
Banned

We could shut down their province easily. They should be careful what they wish for.

See here: http://business.financialpost.com/ne...gainst-ontario
Old 06-02-2017, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Well if we think back 2 years, that is exactly what is happening here in AB....
Old 06-02-2017, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalhunter View Post
I felt bad for Alberta when the NDP got in.

Thanks for painting us with the same brush over here in BC.
We feel bad too that they got in. Sorry about this thread.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:17 PM

What I have trouble with is WHERE they decide to try and put these pipelines [KM and Endbridge]. Why on earth don't they pick a route across BC from Grande Prarie past Dawson Creek, through Taylor and past Ft St John...and straight away to the coast ??

You know, there would be very few people complaining about a route like that.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
What I have trouble with is WHERE they decide to try and put these pipelines [KM and Endbridge]. Why on earth don't they pick a route across BC from Grande Prarie past Dawson Creek, through Taylor and past Ft St John...and straight away to the coast ??

You know, there would be very few people complaining about a route like that.
See here for the KM pipeline: https://www.transmountain.com/map

The new pipeline will follow the existing right-of-way for 73 per cent of the route. An additional 16 per cent will follow existing utility corridors and the final 11 per cent of the new pipeline will be built away from the existing pipeline to accommodate urban development occurring since 1953.

It's all a bunch of political BS. A few people get voted in to suck a paycheck out of a bunch of unknowing Quinoa sucking treehuggers that don't realize their underwear is made from Alberta oil. If these idiots had any self respect they would vote for more oil in order to speed up the demise of the human species on this politically and religiously screwed up planet because ultimately that's the only way the planet will ever survive.

Last edited by Weedy1; 06-02-2017 at 09:44 PM.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy1 View Post
See here for the KM pipeline: https://www.transmountain.com/map

The new pipeline will follow the existing right-of-way for 73 per cent of the route. An additional 16 per cent will follow existing utility corridors and the final 11 per cent of the new pipeline will be built away from the existing pipeline to accommodate urban development occurring since 1953.

It's all a bunch of political BS. A few people get voted in to suck a paycheck out of a bunch of unknowing Quinoa sucking treehuggers that don't realize their underwear is made from Alberta oil. If these idiots had any self respect they would vote for more oil in order to speed up the demise of the human species on this politically and religiously screwed up planet because ultimately that's the only way the planet will ever survive.
I am aware of where they want to put that twinning of the pipeline. THAT is half the problem. People don't want any more tanker traffic so close to all that soy product they store in Vancouver. The point was....why the hell pick such stupid routes and then try to get support for them?? Does Alberta not have even 1 engineer with some grey matter in his, or her, noggin?? Pick a route with very few city people, very few major salmon runs and viola it would be approved...but for some reason that is a difficult concept to swallow???
Old 06-02-2017, 09:55 PM

Default Alliance Pipeline

The Alliance Pipeline was built about 15 years ago and takes much of the natural gas produced in the Fort St. John BC area to a market. The pipeline is about 40 inches in diameter and passes through Alberta and Saskatchewan and terminates in Chicago.

Also there are some oilfields in the Dawson Creek BC area. Does anyone know if this oil is shipped into Alberta to reach markets?
Old 06-02-2017, 09:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
I am aware of where they want to put that twinning of the pipeline. THAT is half the problem. People don't want any more tanker traffic so close to all that soy product they store in Vancouver. The point was....why the hell pick such stupid routes and then try to get support for them?? Does Alberta not have even 1 engineer with some grey matter in his, or her, noggin?? Pick a route with very few city people, very few major salmon runs and viola it would be approved...but for some reason that is a difficult concept to swallow???
Money, it is more cost effective to twin it. If it were more cost effective to do a crow fly route to Nowhere BC I'm sure they would have proposed that in this case. Pipeline companies don't care what the people think, it all comes down to dollars.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:09 PM

Quote:
We could shut down their province easily. They should be careful what they wish for.

If we had a premier with balls, they'd already be giving them a taste.
A few weeks of no fuel and they would be very receptive .
4 weeks and they would be on their knees begging .
8 weeks and we could ask for heads on a platter and get them.
12 weeks and they woukd agree to pay us a royalty on all oil shipped through BC........which is what we should do.

Then deal with Quebec and Ztrudeau the same way!
Old 06-02-2017, 11:23 PM
Banned

Quote:

Great article! That's exactly what needs to happen. Not in the spirit of revenge or making a point, but to help BC achieve environmental Nirvana.
Old 06-03-2017, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Yep, punishing those who likely never voted for either NDP or Green makes a whole lot of sense.
Old 06-03-2017, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgvande View Post
We feel bad too that they got in. Sorry about this thread.
Agreed. Our sympathy's.
But it doesn't mean that Alberta is going to roll over on this one, even though the federal Liberal's certainly will.

I think Alberta will use it's weight; Notley has to to stay in power, and that's what it's all about.

The Alberta NDP will be fighting BC NDP, and I wouldn't be surprised if Alberta NDP breaks away from the NDP 'brand'. The federal NDP will sit on the sidelines unless there is such a break at which point condemnation will be swift and sure. But Alberta really holds the cards here - our oil companies would like ocean access, but have survived decades without it. Our oil companies would like prices in line with west texas or brent crude, but can survive without it. BC would like to live without Alberta oil, but they cannot survive without it.

Here's to a quick BC non-confidence vote
Old 06-03-2017, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
If we had a premier with balls, they'd already be giving them a taste.
A few weeks of no fuel and they would be very receptive .
4 weeks and they would be on their knees begging .
8 weeks and we could ask for heads on a platter and get them.
12 weeks and they woukd agree to pay us a royalty on all oil shipped through BC........which is what we should do.

Then deal with Quebec and Ztrudeau the same way!
Our premier might still do it - do not underestimate a politician's desire to keep his/her job.

These things roll slowly. It's all threats and posturing for now, but if we get close to Alberta election time and ground on the pipeline still hasn't been broken, Notley is in trouble. (But then she is probably in trouble anyway)