Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-26-2013, 05:49 PM

Default Syria Clusterfudge

With the US mobilizing, and British and US propaganda news stations going bonkers, what is going to happen in Syria. Is this the next Libya where they bomb and run, or Iraq/Afghanistan, lets stay awhile?

Frankly, you got the Sunni/Shia mess and US/Russia colonial song and dance. Is this the next step before Iran?
Old 08-26-2013, 05:54 PM
Banned

Bomb and run, no boots on the ground. Iran and Israel are already making noise, going to be interesting.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:11 PM

I think it's 'Shock'N'Awe Part 3.. another "mission accomplished"
being served hot off the pot..
Old 08-26-2013, 06:19 PM

If its another shock in awe then who or what will be left in charge?

Another interesting tidbit is how does the US go to war if they have the support of only 9 percent of the American people. How do you sell that bag of dog chit. http://news.yahoo.com/syria-war-esca...003146054.html
Old 08-26-2013, 06:22 PM

Here's to wishing Fukishima would be getting equal air time
to this constant-never to end- middle east bs.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
If its another shock in awe then who or what will be left in charge?

Another interesting tidbit is how does the US go to war if they have the support of only 9 percent of the American people. How do you sell that bag of dog chit. http://news.yahoo.com/syria-war-esca...003146054.html
Public opinion doesn't matter anymore. Congress doesn't matter anymore.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Public opinion doesn't matter anymore. Congress doesn't matter anymore.
I think that's possibly less support then when they bailed out wall street. I think you still gotta sell it to more of the blind American population then 9 percent. The hawk media propagandist are loosing their touch.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:37 PM

Nara, Obummer is incapable of making any decision and any boots on the ground there would be a huge mistake. Supporting the rebels would be a huge mistake also.
It's really a no win situation and the US would be better off and let them sort their own stuff out. Good, bad and ugly.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:50 PM

How is Fukishima not a WMD-likened
issue currently taking place?
I want some dam boots on the ground
over there on this issue regarding radio active
waste pouring into the ocean!
Funny(not!) how the west suddenly is not in charge
over mass human's being exposed to radiation, yet
deem syria's chemical thing a
"whoa,can't have that"!
Whether or not something is intentional(saddam chemicals)
or not(Fukishima), both should be given the same attention.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:50 PM

I think the USA is loosing its hankering for middle east oil after Iraq... they got their prize, the rest can call 1 800 no one cares. Iran might get it once sanctions wear them down enough but other than that no one cares.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:56 PM
Banned

Hold on

Shouldn't we shore up those WMD's in Iraq first?
Old 08-26-2013, 06:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
How is Fukishima not a WMD-likened
issue currently taking place?
I want some dam boots on the ground
over there on this issue regarding radio active
waste pouring into the ocean!
Funny(not!) how the west suddenly is not in charge
over mass human's being exposed to radiation, yet
deem syria's chemical thing a
"whoa,can't have that"!
Whether or not something is intentional(saddam chemicals)
or not(Fukishima), both should be given the same attention.
it ain't about the children

it's about geopolitics and the military-industrial complex

oops, did I say military?
Old 08-26-2013, 07:23 PM

Next thing we know, the Muslim Brotherhood will be in power and we'll have another Go around, except the military won't put the Kaibosh on their ambitions. Authors of our own Misfortune.

Grizz
Old 08-26-2013, 07:27 PM
Gone Hunting

Obama should send a harshly worded letter to someone. It doesn't matter who. and he should sign it Commander in Chief. Barry.

Then he should load up some of the free loading democrats and ship their hineys over to the sand box to negotiate a settlement.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 08-26-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
Hold on

I was thinking along similar lines, but this time I think the UN inspection team will find more substantive evidence, even if the evidence had its origins disguised. The UN team are going to be Googling the heck out of "aytheon" to try to find the source of the recovered Syrian chemical weapons delivery mechanisms, grinder wheels being so expensive and all
Old 08-26-2013, 09:21 PM

'Bama gonna have to wear Bush's shoes now.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
Hold on

This is a far more shameful situation than the massive lies that former Secretary of State Colin Powell told the UN about Iraqi weapons of mass destruction.

Colin Powell claims that he was deceived by the White House and did not know that he was lying.

Kerry and the British, French, and German puppets know full well that they are lying.

Standby for more American war crimes.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:25 PM
Gone Hunting

Why should anyone intervene?...it's not going to stop anything...let them carry on, that's all they know...not going to change it...
Old 08-26-2013, 09:35 PM

You know what really gets me?

Ppl come down on Russia for enacting laws against same sex coupling/parades or whatever the heck that law is.
There is world wide outrage and talk of boycotting the oly's

Yet, Russia backs Syria and Iran and where are the protests over Sochi.

There is something wrong with the world today.

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 08-26-2013, 09:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
With the US mobilizing, and British and US propaganda news stations going bonkers, what is going to happen in Syria. Is this the next Libya where they bomb and run, or Iraq/Afghanistan, lets stay awhile?

Frankly, you got the Sunni/Shia mess and US/Russia colonial song and dance. Is this the next step before Iran?
Sorry...once bitten twice shy.
After the weapons of mass destraction fiasco that was...lets face it... a sham... I'm having a hard time believing US or British claims of intelligence confirming anything.

The other thing is... and I know this sounds a bit mercinary but...What's in it for us?
Do we have any reason to believe that they won't take our help then flip us the bird like other countries in the region have over the last couple years?
Friend to day become enemy of Islam and infidel once the fight is over?

At this point I care less about who is running those countries than I do that whoever it is... manages to stop further destabilization in the region.

Saddam Hussien was a jerk but at least he managed to keep a lid on the very people that we have been struggling with for the last decade.
I suspect that had he been left alone to stew... we'd have had a much easier time of it in Afghanistan and Iraq would be a safer place for the general population of that place than it is today.

Let Arabs sort out Arab issues... whenever we try to help it blows up in our faces and we end up with more enemies than we already had.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:47 PM
Banned

Does anybody realize the US has been backing the Serian rebels and supplying them with arms? I think Russia has it right. They say the rebels launched the chemical attack to give US reason to step in. Why would the Asad regime gas its own people when the are already winning the war? They know the US would intervene. Thats the last thing they want. This is CLEARLY the rebels trying to get help from their backing the US. Russia stated: the chemical weapons came from one of 2 places. The US or Israel. Doesnt anyone else see this? Just because CNN tells us their propanganda doesnt mean its true. RUSSIA HAS IT RIGHT
Old 08-26-2013, 09:55 PM

I hope we stay the hell out, they'll hate the west regardless.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:57 PM

Default My opinion

I do not understand you guys. Don't you look after the best interest of yourself and your family? President of the USA is, #1. the president of the USA. Every country is looking for best interest for themself. Is anybody training terrorist in Libya? No and not for next few years. Is anybody shaking a sword or shotgun against the US from Iraq? No. and not for few years. Iraqi oil goes to China, India, Japan and Europe. In Egypt situation was different and was taken care of. Muslims hate the West but they hate each other even more. Supporting dictatorships was expensive and unpredictable. Give them democracy and they will be occupied to impose it theirs way. Someone said: One dead person is a crime, thousand is statistics. Last thing. Did you know this http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2...m-uranium.html
Old 08-26-2013, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post
Sorry...once bitten twice shy.
After the weapons of mass destraction fiasco that was...lets face it... a sham... I'm having a hard time believing US or British claims of intelligence confirming anything.

The other thing is... and I know this sounds a bit mercinary but...What's in it for us?
Do we have any reason to believe that they won't take our help then flip us the bird like other countries in the region have over the last couple years?
Friend to day become enemy of Islam and infidel once the fight is over?

At this point I care less about who is running those countries than I do that whoever it is... manages to stop further destabilization in the region.

Saddam Hussien was a jerk but at least he managed to keep a lid on the very people that we have been struggling with for the last decade.
I suspect that had he been left alone to stew... we'd have had a much easier time of it in Afghanistan and Iraq would be a safer place for the general population of that place than it is today.

Let Arabs sort out Arab issues... whenever we try to help it blows up in our faces and we end up with more enemies than we already had.
YES,agree ,they will revert down to fighting each other if they don`t have no one to shoot at.Since recorded time they kill,kill,kill, But America is broke an can use the normal pilage rights, [oil,penalty`s]And they will go over em and rain fire and death from the skies,then the refugees will return.Sound familiar.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:09 PM

Wow you all get more cranked up then us yanks do!
Heck I say nuke em all. If they wanna obombaus us.
Hell yea.
Signed Johnney Reb.

WHY did i say that...

1. If they want to live here and turn this country into
sand live off the oil and eat grasshoppers, then we dont' agree.
2. If they think it's ok to have 12 children and collect wellfare for free.
It is not OK.
3. And the list goes on and on.
4. I don't like it but I can't help it so I have to bomb somebodys. Maybe you
have a little baby you don't need ? Yes ?
5. You are a dirt bag, dirt bags are only asking to be emptied when they are full ? No ?
6. And it goes on and on.
7. Sonny and Shere -- So the beat goes on..

Last edited by Bonescreek; 08-26-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:11 PM
Banned

Obama is backing the rebels, Putin is backing Assad. Smell like another proxy war coming? Toss Iran and Israel into the mix, and it's a problem.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Obama is backing the rebels, Putin is backing Assad. Smell like another proxy war coming? Toss Iran and Israel into the mix, and it's a problem.
X2

Its no secret Obama has back the rebels for some time. Seria and Iran have came out and said that should the US strike Seria they will strike Israel. I think people are starting to get sick of the US. They are to blame for most world problems. But hey they gotta get those wmd right?
Old 08-26-2013, 10:23 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
This is how I see the hand play out cold war mark 2
Old 08-26-2013, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post
del once the fight is over?

We did not help them. We did "let Arabs sort Arab issues ..."
Old 08-26-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerHappyHippy View Post
Does anybody realize the US has been backing the Serian rebels and supplying them with arms? I think Russia has it right. They say the rebels launched the chemical attack to give US reason to step in. Why would the Asad regime gas its own people when the are already winning the war? They know the US would intervene. Thats the last thing they want. This is CLEARLY the rebels trying to get help from their backing the US. Russia stated: the chemical weapons came from one of 2 places. The US or Israel. Doesnt anyone else see this? Just because CNN tells us their propanganda doesnt mean its true. RUSSIA HAS IT RIGHT
Scarey stuff when we trust the evil Russians versus the U.S.We know they don`t have much interest in this rodeo,how could the states drop so low down the ladder of respect.They are not to be trusted and it`s what they did to themselves.JUST SCAREY>