Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-16-2015, 07:30 AM

Default Frame Pack Questions or Suggestions

I am in need of a new frame pack and have been looking at the Camp Trail Elk Pack and the Moose Pack. Not looking to spend an arm and a leg on it. Just wondering if anyone here has ever used these packs and had any info to pass on about them. Looking to mostly use it for hauling out deer but want the option if needed to use on elk or moose. If anyone else has used a good frame pack and would like to recommend it I would be grateful for that too. I am just looking for the frame. Dont need all the bells and whistles that some packs come with.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:30 PM

Default Frame paks

I've used my camp trails for a few hundred miles and I like it a lot. The Cabelas Alaskan oaks seem to be a lot mor comfortable to me, thicker shoulder padding nicer hip belts.
Old 01-17-2015, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella View Post
I am in need of a new frame pack and have been looking at the Camp Trail Elk Pack and the Moose Pack. Not looking to spend an arm and a leg on it. Just wondering if anyone here has ever used these packs and had any info to pass on about them. Looking to mostly use it for hauling out deer but want the option if needed to use on elk or moose. If anyone else has used a good frame pack and would like to recommend it I would be grateful for that too. I am just looking for the frame. Dont need all the bells and whistles that some packs come with.
I have the Elk Pack and it has packed gear in and meat out for about 6 years now. I've owned better frames, and most of them were old Keltys that I got at thrift shops for a song, but this pack has held up pretty well. When it breaks I will likely buy something better though.
Old 06-18-2016, 09:32 PM

bullpac