Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-03-2013, 09:57 AM

Default Dog on it's way

Well, we're a year behind schedule, but we finally put a deposit down on a lab, and he'll be coming home in the spring.

It took me way longer to fence the yard than I had planned, and late in the process, after a lot of thought and debate, as well as a missed opportunity in early summer, we decided not to go the rescue route.

I definitely will be working with him to retrieve, and become a great hunting partner for us in years to come, as well as a great family addition.

We have a big yard, as well as we are real close the off leash areas. Combine that with the kids (12 and 6)...so he should get planty of work and exercise.

We decided to wait until spring, as I'm just pinned with work during the winter, and home a lot more in the summer.

I look forward to reading and learning as much as I can this winter and getting ready!
Old 09-03-2013, 10:33 AM

Great choice! Aside from being strong water dogs and excellent retrievers Labs are awesome family pets. I had to put my 12 year old down a year ago and can now finally think about getting another. She was a great dog.