Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 06-08-2003, 07:28 PM
ADC Work

Default ADC Work

Just wunderin if many of yous folks were doin much adc work?Seems this year I am swamped with bvr calls.I wuz wunderin how you base yur rate...by the bvr or by rhe hour?I used to charge by the bvr but some ppl don t know what an active bvr house looks like so I charge by the hour now...Still trappin..Zepf:hat :hat
Old 06-09-2003, 12:54 AM
AD what?

Default AD what?

What is ADC work? and what do you charge rep beaver or per hour for removing problem varmints?

Robin.
Old 06-09-2003, 08:03 AM
Turney

Default Problem beavers

When I do problem beaver trapping on the trapline for the oil companies, its $25/hr plus mileage. If its problem beaver trapping for MD or county residences its $15/hr. Our beaver numbers are still low in my area so I haven't had a lot of complaints this year.
Turney
Old 06-09-2003, 10:13 AM
ADC work

Default ADC work

ADC work translates into....animal damage control work ..Duffy.Stuff like bvrs pluggin culverts and cuttin acreage trees down after the trapping fur season is over.I think its a terrible waste of a natural resource but everyone wants to drive to work..Most of the jobs around here I chage 50 bucks an animal.Don t matter....skunk ..bvr ..etc.If they got a problem with that guess the animal ain t that much of a hazard ..huh.On big jobs I charge by the hour.The rate includes my 4x4 truck , quad .boat etc.At least this way is I get a dud call I get paid for my time.Zepf
Old 09-08-2003, 12:15 PM
ADC

Default ADC

Do you need a special trapping permit for this or is my resident trappers lic. good enough??
Old 09-09-2003, 08:35 AM
ADC Trapping

Default ADC Trapping

Depends which species you are traping.On private land the land owner may designate a trapper on beaver in the off season.The other furbearers require a da:hat :hmage control permit.Beaver on crown land requires a damage control permit .I believe coyote may be hunted but not trapped in the closed season on private land.Best is to check with yur local f&w office on the latest regs.Hope this helps......Zepf :hat :hat