Originally Posted by Fur View Post
That will keep most people safely 6ft from you.....haha
more like 60!

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 07-13-2020, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezel View Post
Here's "the experts" finding on mask usage vs 2009 H1N1 virus.
Funny how "the experts" have now changed their tune saying we all need to wear them.

The Virus is MUCH different, if it was like H1N1 we could all stay home for a week and it would be over. Covid 19, can hang around for 14 days, not your typical 4 days like most flu viruses, that is why things have to be done differently.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
$2000.00 per month is free money....To buy expensive toys?
Personally know of a few young people who live at home & took their "Free Money" and bought their first cars.

Some atv dealer salesman I talked to said they seen a spike in sales after covid due to the extra "Free Money" in some people pockets.

I was lucky and kept working. My son got laid off due to covid and he paid off the tool truck dude and the rest went in the bank.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick0danger View Post
The Virus is MUCH different, if it was like H1N1 we could all stay home for a week and it would be over.
Covid 19, can hang around for 14 days, not your typical 4 days like most flu viruses, that is why things
have to be done differently.
Eats me up how there is just no accountability/reparations from the wuhanese..
Old 07-13-2020, 10:10 AM

Lmao. Social distancing. The WHO they announced they were wrong and it’s barely contagious.

This is something wayyyy more sinister.Teating Facial recognition with 1/2 your face covered perhaps. Or see who’s sheep
Old 07-13-2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezel View Post
Here's "the experts" finding on mask usage vs 2009 H1N1 virus.
Funny how "the experts" have now changed their tune saying we all need to wear them.
The transmission characteristics are different between H1N1 and SARS Covid 19 because they are different viruses.

It has to do with the airborne spread of Covid and the tiny particulate size that suspends in the air that hangs there where can be spread more easily.

I'm guessing the H1N1 wasn't as "transmissible" maybe.

They are different and present different risks in transmission.

It's like saying the treatment and prevention gum disease and heart disease require the same medications, same prevention mitigations and treatments - which simply isn't the case.

Viruses are, in fact, very different from each other requiring different mitigation procedures. A mask is a mitigation.

I personally we should leave it to the experts to provide guidance, they are qualified, far be it for me to wrongly correct an expert thinking I found an obvious contradiction or mistake, when, in fact, I'm not an expert. I'm pretty sure they got this one handled and we should listen.

This exact issue is pretty much universally agreed upon by the experts - and not really a point of contention.

As pointed out in another thread - seems like only the non experts are arguing here.

Last edited by EZM; 07-13-2020 at 10:35 AM.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:48 AM

Well for all of you that believe we should just listen to the experts, may I remind you of, Y2K, we are running out of oil in the 70s, doctors saying smoking is good for you, for 50 years Ulcers were caused by stres turns out it is actually caused by a virus and hot spices help cure it,Thalidomide, a list of 35 more drugs that were FDA approved based on "Expert" testimony and testing and then removed https://prescriptiondrugs.procon.org...om-the-market/, WHO on its first 80 days of releases on Covid not being a Pandemic and the examples go on forever.

To say that the average person does not have the right to question experts is ludicrous given their terrible track record in many fields. The obvious inconsistencies from the various experts and what we see with our own eyes, tells me I am never going to suspend my right to think for myself. You can follow like sheep if you like.

Last edited by Dean2; 07-13-2020 at 10:55 AM.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:10 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

and that's the great thing you can choose what your going to do.....for now!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-13-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Well for all of you that believe we should just listen to the experts, may I remind you of, Y2K, we are running out of oil in the 70s, doctors saying smoking is good for you, for 50 years Ulcers were caused by stres turns out it is actually caused by a virus and hot spices help cure it,Thalidomide, a list of 35 more drugs that were FDA approved based on "Expert" testimony and testing and then removed https://prescriptiondrugs.procon.org...om-the-market/, WHO on its first 80 days of releases on Covid not being a Pandemic and the examples go on forever.

To say that the average person does not have the right to question experts is ludicrous given their terrible track record in many fields. The obvious inconsistencies from the various experts and what we see with our own eyes, tells me I am never going to suspend my right to think for myself. You can follow like sheep if you like.
Exactly. Just because your an expert does not mean your right.

I maybe having wrong recollection as this happened many many years ago, but the weather man (who is an EXPERT in weather) said it was going to be sunny and I got soaked....
Old 07-13-2020, 11:27 AM

Just for the record Covid -19 requires a temperature of 135oF and UV light to destroy it. Do not believe temperature at Sylvan Lake was above 100oF this is Alberta.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fur View Post
Exactly. Just because your an expert does not mean your right.

I maybe having wrong recollection as this happened many many years ago, but the weather man (who is an EXPERT in weather) said it was going to be sunny and I got soaked....
But you’d still rather get a weather report from your weatherman instead of your mechanic right?
I wouldn’t take my car to the weatherman and ask him what’s wrong with it.
But both can be wrong at times. However, there is a much better chance of each doing a better job in their chosen field.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
But you’d still rather get a weather report from your weatherman instead of your mechanic right?
I wouldn’t take my car to the weatherman and ask him what’s wrong with it.
But both can be wrong at times. However, there is a much better chance of each doing a better job in their chosen field.

Unless its the mechanic telling you what's wrong with your car....but it's actually the weatherman forcing him to say it.

Looper
Old 07-13-2020, 11:33 AM

Quote:
If Covid is not an infectious disease what is it? Any healthcare professional or first responder dealing with Covid are wearing N95, if they can get them. Many are refusing work if they aren't available.
I am frontline staff working in a hospital and have many friends working at other hospitals across my city. No one is wearing N95 masks, we are provided with normal surgical masks recommended for use when a patient is under contact and droplet precautions. There are not enough N95 masks to go around for everyone to wear one all the time. N95s are only allowed to be used during an aerosol-generating procedure such as intubation.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looper View Post
Unless its the mechanic telling you what's wrong with your car....but it's actually the weatherman forcing him to say it.

Looper
If the govt told you to tell the public to do something that is going to kill thousands of people but you knew was a lie, could you bring yourself to tell people to go jump off a cliff? Or would you die trying to make the public aware of the truth? Looper.
I think most peopleS answer would be the same as yours.
Old 07-13-2020, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
Keep your eyes open for a "made in Alberta" spike.....

No kidding, we hike a few times a week (Canmore, Banff, Lake Loise), seems the further west you go the more folks aren't distancing-nuts.

Oh, and when you educate them, they don't like it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#I Am An Outdoorsman And I Approve This Message

#creativity can't wait for technology
Old 07-13-2020, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBeanz View Post
I am frontline staff working in a hospital and have many friends working at other hospitals across my city. No one is wearing N95 masks, we are provided with normal surgical masks recommended for use when a patient is under contact and droplet precautions. There are not enough N95 masks to go around for everyone to wear one all the time. N95s are only allowed to be used during an aerosol-generating procedure such as intubation.
Thank you for your first-hand input. It matches everything I read on-line from the experts. I wonder why all those expressing their opinions on AO these days regarding Covid-19 pay just as much attention to lay people as they do to researchers and front-line workers.

I do agree that people can, and should, make up their own minds but they need to start with the facts.
Old 07-13-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
If the govt told you to tell the public to do something that is going to kill thousands of people but you knew was a lie, could you bring yourself to tell people to go jump off a cliff? Or would you die trying to make the public aware of the truth? Looper.
I think most peopleS answer would be the same as yours.
You're faith in humanity is much stronger than mine.

Have a good one Moose.

Looper
Old 07-13-2020, 12:13 PM

Quote:

With a due respect, everyone needs to do their own footwork here and based on the simple facts, track records, expert opinions and evidence.

The experts are overwhelmingly in agreement including those in the US administration.

Countries who has instituted the use of a mask have had transmission rates fall and are gaining ground.

Meanwhile the leadership, ignoring the experts, in the US and Brazil, are now #1 and #2 in global death rates and #1 and #2 in transmission rates.

Those are facts.

So what should a "sheep" like me do?

Ignore the overwhelming consensus of experts all over the world and listen to unqualified opinions from people who are not experts instead?

Maybe I should listen to Trump, who had an excellent track record of telling us the truth?

Perhaps I should ignore the fact that the countries who took mitigation measures are making progress in lowering the infections rates and chalk it up to "great luck"?

Or, maybe just disregard the clinical studies which showed this virus is able to be suspended, and can be viable in the form of airborne transmission?

The bottom line is pretty simple if you think about it.

With regards to big pharma and tobacco and the "experts" of yesteryear - well - there's one little problem with that example.

Big Pharma and Tobacco (up until recently) have spent BIG money to fund universities, influence legislators and award grants to people or organizations that help their cause. That needs to be considered.

Am I saying the experts get it right all the time? of course not, but here is an example I think we likely need to consider.

After all, there is NO evidence NOT wearing a mask helps with anything is there? so why take the risk? It easy to use and wear - I really don't see that as an issue.

That's my 2 cents anyways.
Old 07-13-2020, 12:23 PM

This post is brought to you by..the experts..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnKLpO9qhOE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCMzjJjuxQI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oywdI5q5SOE (@6:03)
Old 07-13-2020, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post

Am I saying the experts get it right all the time? of course not, but here is an example I think we likely need to consider.

After all, there is NO evidence NOT wearing a mask helps with anything is there? so why take the risk? It easy to use and wear - I really don't see that as an issue.

That's my 2 cents anyways.
There is lots of evidence that wearing a condom prevents pregnancy and greatly reduces STDs. Are you willing to let the government dictate mandatory condom use? because at the height of the AIDs crisis that was under serious discussion. If you want to wear one be my guest. What I am dead set against is the government telling me I HAVE to wear one, mask or condom.
Old 07-13-2020, 12:34 PM

Quote:
There is lots of evidence that wearing a condom prevents pregnancy and greatly reduces STDs. Are you willing to let the government dictate mandatory condom use? because at the height of the AIDs crisis that was under serious discussion. If you want to wear one be my guest. What I am dead set against is the government telling me I HAVE to wear one, mask or condom.
Not a terrible idea. Maybe alternate wearing a condom 1 year on, 1 year off.
Unwanted pregnancies would be cut in half.....
Old 07-13-2020, 12:42 PM

Quote:
If someone has sex without a condom there is no threat to bystanders. It's somewhat different if someone is shedding SARS-CoV-2. Protection for others is greater than the protection for the mask wearer.

Please provide a citation for serious consideration by the Canadian government requiring everybody to use a condom, at the height of the AIDS crisis or, for that matter, at any time. BTW I think that AIDS continues to be a serious issue in this country.

Are you dead set against motorcycle helmets or vehicle seat belts or PFD's?
Old 07-13-2020, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip-in-Z View Post
Global News - July 11th Beachgoers crowd Sylvan Lake despite pandemic rules: ‘COVID-19 is still here’

This is not Florida or California, next Alberta Hot Spot - Sylvan Lake!

D.

Link ... https://globalnews.ca/news/7168024/s...each-covid-19/

How the hell is this a good time? That is ridiculous

BW
Old 07-13-2020, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk270 View Post

Are you dead set against motorcycle helmets or vehicle seat belts or PFD's?
Yes I am! I used them when I thought appropriate even before it was mandatory but I am dead set against the government telling me I have to.

Just one example of government excess in the face of Aids.

http://uchicagogate.com/articles/201...isis-illinois/

More government action on HIV. I presume you will accept info from the CDC?

https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/policies/law/index.html

https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/policies/law.../exposure.html

Google is your buddy, I don't just make this stuff up.

Last edited by Dean2; 07-13-2020 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:05 PM

Quote:
I am fine with that perspective. But there's two different issues here ….

One is trying to dispute the facts, invalidating the experts and ignoring evidence to say we shouldn't wear a mask;

versus

Arguing about your rights, privileges and freedoms to choose to wear one or not.

I am totally cool with that.

I personally choose to use a mask and do all that stuff because I personally think If they are asking me, I can make a small sacrifice and be inconvenienced for the good of everyone around me. I'd hate to think I was a carrier and infected someone's grandma or child or something. I will do my part, I don't feel like this is a big deal, or a big inconvenience or some conspiracy control measure or slippery slope - it just makes sense.

Even if I was selfish, and could care about nobody else except my own comfort - you got to understand that everyone who gets sick, my tax dollars pay for it. Everyone who gets a Covid benefit, guess what, I pay for that too. So if I can do my part, shorten this virus or at least keep the numbers (and costs) down, I'm doing myself a favor.

Personally I see absolutely no good reason to buck it. None.

And I'm totally cool with your perspective too. That's fine.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:22 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-13-2020, 01:33 PM

Quote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Want to pee in the bathtub? go ahead, as long as you are the only one sitting in the tub.

Old 07-13-2020, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Want to pee in the bathtub? go ahead, as long as you are the only one sitting in the tub.

Don’t want to get peed on? Get out of my tub.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Don’t want to get peed on? Get out of my tub.
lol. Seems so simple.