Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-10-2020, 08:10 PM

Default Pal wait times

Have a buddy of mine send in pal app March 6th , non restricted .. they completed the approval and the website said it was being mailed 2 weeks ago . He called today and they tolled him it hasn't been printed yet that the system doesn't know how backed up the presses are and to expect another month wait . Now to add to this another buddy of mine sent his renewal in 2 months ago and received it already.
Old 07-10-2020, 08:47 PM

You do realize most of the mailed in paperwork was sitting in mail bags while everyone from the office in Mirimachi was working at home because of Covid concerns.

I don’t even know if the offices are being staffed yet.

There are no absolutes
Old 07-10-2020, 09:20 PM

Restricted transfers are happening with 2 days still. Guess those can be done from home. Anything electronic they can deal with normally, just mail in stuff causes issues me thinks.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:28 AM

Did mine online on March 26th the day before it expired.
Received new Non Restricted PAL last week Friday July 3rd.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:20 PM

Default call

Your MP and they can get the wheels greased.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:57 PM

Renewed mine in March online over a month before it expired. Nothing... no card yet. It says online its all good and valid, but no physical card.

I phoned during bear season and asked about it, obviously reading a script as I asked her again about it and she repeated word for word... That if i was stopped by the RCMP it was up to the officers discretion IF he wanted to run my numbers to check to see if I had a valid licence or IF he just wanted to go by the card being expred. Cool eh...

I printed off every screen shot I could that says behind in printing, my card is valid.. but it sucks.

I reload but I wonder if I tried to buy some ammo if I even could. After all who is going to phone it in to check for that.
Old 07-11-2020, 07:51 PM

Bought ammo with my expired card last week. They simply took my expired card went to the back ran it through the computer and came back with a print out showing the renewal processed and new card expire date. I took the paper so that will be sufficient until my new card comes. I renewed in late March and it was approved still waiting on physical licence but doesn’t seem like it’ll be an issue with purchasing/ Possessing
Old 07-11-2020, 08:09 PM

Sent mine by snail mail in May and got my new one three days ago.
Old 07-13-2020, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron View Post
Bought ammo with my expired card last week. They simply took my expired card went to the back ran it through the computer and came back with a print out showing the renewal processed and new card expire date. I took the paper so that will be sufficient until my new card comes. I renewed in late March and it was approved still waiting on physical licence but doesn’t seem like it’ll be an issue with purchasing/ Possessing
Great, thanks for letting me know!
Sounds like they ours went in at the same time, and are stuck in limbo somewhere.