Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-28-2020, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeride View Post
I phoned in and made a suggestion to them last year.

Why not enter your credit card info when doing draws. You get drawn and your card is automatically charged. I know some places in the USA does this as guys will put an alert on their cards. They find out they are drawn when they are charged, often before the official results are up.
I

Absolutely ! Hopefully, we will see that next year. I was hoping it would be mandatory this year. If you buy anything on-line - it's with a debit or CC. This in no different.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
I think its a great idea. Too many people filling their family members tags illegally.
Though this won't stop that kind of thing, it's a step in that direction. Many family members who don't hunt are grandmothered in and don't need hunter training to buy tags for. I'd bet everyone here knows someone who does that.
Required hunter training and a cert# for everyone applying for draws may be next. I'm for that.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:53 AM

There are lots of people applying for draws and not hunting, in the last 5 years the number of people purchasing a WC has dropped by 8% and the number of people applying for draws has risen by 17% this is why the WC purchase before you enter the draws........... it's about time

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:24 PM

Default About time.

This has been a long time in the works . If you don’t like it don’t apply . I know more than one hunter who puts in draws and only hunts if he gets what he wants . Lots of hunters just buy general tags . I would rather pay up front and know that anyone who isn’t that serious or doesn’t really care if thay get out isn’t wasting a tag that could be used buy someone who could be out enjoying it, .and if you think the system wasn’t flawed before your mistakenly wrong . There are and where people Putting in draws for years that where awarded without purchased tags. Think it’s a win win .more money to conservation and the tree huggers ,animal activists can pay more now .
Old 06-04-2020, 05:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkchaser View Post
This has been a long time in the works . If you don’t like it don’t apply . I know more than one hunter who puts in draws and only hunts if he gets what he wants . Lots of hunters just buy general tags . I would rather pay up front and know that anyone who isn’t that serious or doesn’t really care if thay get out isn’t wasting a tag that could be used buy someone who could be out enjoying it, .and if you think the system wasn’t flawed before your mistakenly wrong . There are and where people Putting in draws for years that where awarded without purchased tags. Think it’s a win win .more money to conservation and the tree huggers ,animal activists can pay more now .
This new process won't change a thing! What's wrong with only hunting what you apply for? Is that not what the draws are for? I don't think there are as many tree huggers applying for draws as you people think, but more like hunters applying that don't buy the tags because they feel they are doing game management better than our government is with giving out too many tags in some zones. If you think the money is going into game management your sadly mistaken!

Last edited by RZR; 06-04-2020 at 05:59 AM.