Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-20-2018, 12:41 PM

Default A little excitement in our little town

There is a car Thief sitting in a fifth wheel hiding from the RCMP 150 feet from my back window. Him and a girl are barricaded in but the RCMP will not enter without a warrant of course. A whie Super Duty was stolen from Chauvin this morning and they left it at the arena here so the police were notified. I found the guy walking followed him until he got in the fifth wheel. A lady saw him throw the keys.
More to come...

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-20-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
There is a car Thief sitting in a fifth wheel hiding from the RCMP 150 feet from my back window. Him and a girl are barricaded in but the RCMP will not enter without a warrant of course. A whie Super Duty was stolen from Chauvin this morning and they left it at the arena here so the police were notified. I found the guy walking followed him until he got in the fifth wheel. A lady saw him throw the keys.
More to come...
Post some picks Ken
Old 02-20-2018, 01:04 PM

Live action! Better put on your bulletproof vest
Old 02-20-2018, 01:29 PM

2 in custody!!!!!

I'm not posting anything until the RCMP say its ok

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-20-2018, 01:41 PM

Quote:
2 in custody!!!!!

I'm not posting anything until the RCMP say its ok
Hopefully a taser was used.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
Better yet, three or four tasers, seeing as how the thieves will likely get a slap on the wrist.
Old 02-20-2018, 02:54 PM

Turn the taser knob up to 11!
Old 02-20-2018, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Taking them to the Airport taser them good. LOL
Old 02-20-2018, 03:29 PM

Good Job Guys.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:21 PM

When he stopped at my place to get my statement he said the one guy was sleeping in the back of his SUV so I think maybe a taser was used LOL

Old 02-20-2018, 04:24 PM

Good work,Chalk one up for the good guys !
Old 02-20-2018, 04:25 PM

I'm looking forward to when Miller or Lincoln expand from making welders, and get in to making Industrial Tasers. The kind that make uncooperative criminal types light up like Las Vegas.

Maybe I'm just projecting my feelings too much......

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-20-2018, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I'm looking forward to when Miller or Lincoln expand from making welders, and get in to making Industrial Tasers. The kind that make uncooperative criminal types light up like Las Vegas.

Maybe I'm just projecting my feelings too much......
Clamp onto the frame of the vehicle and flip `er on.
Old 02-20-2018, 06:16 PM

The truck

The accomplices

The guy

Old 02-20-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Live action! Better put on your bulletproof vest
When the LEO was banging on the door of the 5th wheel I was back a couple hundred feet watching, hoping that he was not going to get shot by the bastard in the trailer. I told the LEO that had something gone down I would have had my rifle out the window and taken the guy down. I was amazed when he said, and I am quoting him; "well I hope so!"

The pic of the 2 at the car was taken from my bedroom window with my cell phone. I grabbed my big DSLR with the huge lens but the battery was dead

At that range I could have used my bow. It was nice knowing the RCMP trusted me as his backup. Cool day, great ending.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:44 PM

Quote:
At least until he pooped himself, multiple times.

I have ZERO sympathy for thieves.

A stolen F-250, how much ya wanna bet he had no theft deterrent at all, even though it's one of the most commonly stolen vehicles?

Protect your stuff people, nobody is going to do it for you!

By protect I mean theft deterrent like an aftermarket alarm with starter kill, not the Mr.Stanley method that's going to cost you $250K in legal fees even though I'm ok with that method and even prefer it, don't wanna get shot, don't steal, pretty simple.
Old 02-20-2018, 06:48 PM

Quote:
WhenI told the LEO that had something gone down I would have had my rifle out the window and taken the guy down. I was amazed when he said, and I am quoting him; "well I hope so!"
The world need more doers like you Ken, most people would of got the cell phone out and recorded it to post it on Facebook later offering no help at all.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:28 PM

We live in Chauvin and heard that a truck was stolen out front of Benoit’s office. Was wondering who in town would steal a truck and who would do it in broad daylight.

Overall pretty quiet around here. We make sure the trucks are locked at night but don’t think twice about leaving them running if we are just going into the bank or post office. Hell, we accidentally left our big garage door open for a weekend and came back to everything in its place.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post
At least until he pooped himself, multiple times.

I have ZERO sympathy for thieves.

A stolen F-250, how much ya wanna bet he had no theft deterrent at all, even though it's one of the most commonly stolen vehicles?

Protect your stuff people, nobody is going to do it for you!

By protect I mean theft deterrent like an aftermarket alarm with starter kill, not the Mr.Stanley method that's going to cost you $250K in legal fees even though I'm ok with that method and even prefer it, don't wanna get shot, don't steal, pretty simple.
I’m sure it was running in front of their office on Main Street. We live in a town of 300 people in the middle of nowhere. You definitely notice if somebody doesn’t belong. Curious where this dude came from.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:46 PM

Now let’s get an all white jury and convict these badtards!

BW
Old 02-20-2018, 08:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbiddy View Post
We live in Chauvin and heard that a truck was stolen out front of Benoit’s office. Was wondering who in town would steal a truck and who would do it in broad daylight.

Overall pretty quiet around here. We make sure the trucks are locked at night but don’t think twice about leaving them running if we are just going into the bank or post office. Hell, we accidentally left our big garage door open for a weekend and came back to everything in its place.
Wait what world do you live in? Every rural folk on this forum says their over run with crime. Im shocked to see someone say they arent constantly a victim of crime.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:03 PM

Looks like you don't have to go far for entertainment, glad they were caught. Good reporting.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:11 PM
Banned

Quote:

Some would call that baiting
Old 02-20-2018, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
Wait what world do you live in? Every rural folk on this forum says their over run with crime. Im shocked to see someone say they arent constantly a victim of crime.
I guess we've been lucky. Our security system consists of 3 dogs and a motion light outside. We feel pretty safe out here. I don't own any firearms and don't feel the need to. The vehicles are usually locked at night but it has been forgotten. The garage is locked but like I said the bay door was left open for 3 days and nothing was missing. We leave our door unlocked when we go to work for the day. Lock it at night. Being a small town, I am sure a neighbor would notice a strange vehicle in our driveway loading up my stuff.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:56 PM

Maybe some of you folk in the rural areas better think twice about lackadaisical security.
Not too far away from the recent source of the "uprising"
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/s...farm-1.4541625
Old 02-20-2018, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
The crime is usually out on the farms, etc...not in the towns.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:09 PM

Glad to hear these losers got caught. Too bad our "justice" system will probably let them out too soon...
Old 02-20-2018, 10:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
I guess we've been lucky. Our security system consists of 3 dogs and a motion light outside. We feel pretty safe out here. I don't own any firearms and don't feel the need to. The vehicles are usually locked at night but it has been forgotten. The garage is locked but like I said the bay door was left open for 3 days and nothing was missing. We leave our door unlocked when we go to work for the day. Lock it at night. Being a small town, I am sure a neighbor would notice a strange vehicle in our driveway loading up my stuff.
Just a word of warning, you can take my advice or leave it, but in this day and age I'd say you've been lucky and I wouldn't rely on your luck to hold up forever. The best way not to become a victim is to do what you can to prevent it, not push your luck and think it can't happen to you.

The size of town or rural location has little to do with being a victim of a crime, scum bags have vehicles too.

I have my vehicles broken into so often I don't even bother calling the cops anymore, and it took 3 times but now my cabin has been broken into enough that they've gotten pretty much anything of value I used to have out there, the worst part is they leave the door open so the dam mice get in there. It's not fun so like I said, if I were you I wouldn't rely on luck any longer but it's up to you.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Just a word of warning, you can take my advice or leave it, but in this day and age I'd say you've been lucky and I wouldn't rely on your luck to hold up forever. The best way not to become a victim is to do what you can to prevent it, not push your luck and think it can't happen to you.

The size of town or rural location has little to do with being a victim of a crime, scum bags have vehicles too.

I have my vehicles broken into so often I don't even bother calling the cops anymore, and it took 3 times but now my cabin has been broken into enough that they've gotten pretty much anything of value I used to have out there, the worst part is they leave the door open so the dam mice get in there. It's not fun so like I said, if I were you I wouldn't rely on luck any longer but it's up to you.
You could put one of those automatic door closers on

Old 02-20-2018, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Then there's also those of us who refuse to live our lives on the defensive. We cultivate good, alert neighbours who aren't afraid of approaching strangers with a friendly "Hi - can I help you with something?". Sure we take reasonable precautions, but often leave our home and car unlocked, items unattended, and deliveries left on our porch.
This senior has never been robbed, seriously threatened, scammed or hacked - ever, and I feel sorry for people who live fearful lives.

Sure, it can happen to me, but I'll accept that - there's too many good things to enjoy in this short life without a paranoia of the bad.