Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-13-2018, 10:15 PM

Do soilers fans troll all teams that are doing significantly better then them in the standings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2018, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genno View Post
Do soilers fans troll all teams that are doing significantly better then them in the standings

Boy that sounds like a lot of FUN. All the Oiler's fans stay on the Oiler's thread and all the Flames fans stay on the Flames thread. I imagine both threads would have died a quick and painful death.

BOA Baby!!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2018, 10:35 PM

LA just tied it up. Dang!
Old 03-13-2018, 11:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
3-1 for Colorado.... oops! LA plays tonight as well against the coyotes I think. That should be a definite loss for LA .
Old 03-13-2018, 11:01 PM
Banned

Stupid Yotes... Well one point is better than 2...
Old 03-14-2018, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhu22 View Post
I thought you were a Flames fan???????????? Colorado won and LA tied it up with 2 minutes left to steal a point. I think you clicked the wrong emoji.

Here you go
Old 03-14-2018, 07:16 AM

Basically, the flames have smith, and the oil have mcdavid. Both teams suck. Oil without Jesus and flames without smith are the 2 worst teams in the league.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:21 AM

[QUOTE=Talking moose;3750943]Basically, the flames have smith, and the oil have mcdavid. Both teams suck. Oil without Jesus and flames without smith are the 2 worst teams in the league.[/They are both good skilled teams just that they can’t keep it consistent for a whole game, flames outplayed Vegas, pens, lightning. Thinking you don’t watch too many games

Old 03-14-2018, 07:23 AM

[QUOTE=genno;3750946]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Basically, the flames have smith, and the oil have mcdavid. Both teams suck. Oil without Jesus and flames without smith are the 2 worst teams in the league.[/They are both good skilled teams just that they can’t keep it consistent for a whole game, flames outplayed Vegas, pens, lightning. Thinking you don’t watch too many games

Learn to quote.
I watch every game. Without mcdavid this year, how many wins would the oilers have? Honestly man. Same goes for smith, how many games has he stole for the flames? Thinking your the one out to lunch.
Those two alone are responsible for half the wins this year.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:28 AM

Default Flames 2017/18 season

[QUOTE=Talking moose;3750948]
Quote:

Learn to quote.

I watch every game. Without mcdavid this year, how many wins would the oilers have? Honestly man. Same goes for smith, how many games has he stole for the flames? Thinking your the one out to lunch.

There are several flames players that are doing awesome. Giordano and Hamilton have been great all year, gaudreau 80 points on the year. Tkachuk most drawn penalties in the league. Ya smiths been good but it’s not like they don’t have skilled players on the team open your eyes. Ps this is a flames thread, screw oilers nobody cares here

Old 03-14-2018, 07:30 AM

[QUOTE=genno;3750950]
Quote:

There are several flames players that are doing awesome. Giordano and Hamilton have been great all year, gaudreau 80 points on the year. Tkachuk most drawn penalties in the league. Ya smiths been good but it’s not like they don’t have skilled players on the team open your eyes. Ps this is a flames thread, screw oilers nobody cares here

If Talbot and smith swapped teams at the beginning of the season, the oil would be in the playoffs.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:34 AM

[QUOTE=Talking moose;3750951]
Quote:

If Talbot and smith swapped teams at the beginning of the season, the oil would be in the playoffs.

Well maybe bring your oilers gossip to your own thread, or is everyone already off the bandwagon there

Old 03-14-2018, 07:36 AM

[QUOTE=genno;3750954]
Quote:

Well maybe bring your oilers gossip to your own thread, or is everyone already off the bandwagon there

Nah. This thread will be just fine.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:39 AM

[QUOTE=Talking moose;3750951]
Quote:

Don’t sweat it Moose. genno just wants this to the Shame’s “sandbox”. No one else is allowed or he will hold his breath and stamp his feet.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:05 AM

I agree that if the flames didn't have smith we would be absolutely screwed. We have him, and were still in a precarious position. If Edmonton didn't have McDavid they would be much worse as well, which is scary if the fans really thing about it because you guys suck pretty bad right now.

But all is not lost. You can still prove to be useful if you beat the other teams in our division. Yaa... it's a long shot... you bums...
Old 03-14-2018, 08:09 AM

Quote:

If Talbot or Smith, Rinne, Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Anderson, Bobrovsky, Quick, Biship, Dubnyk, Fleury, Gibson, Jones, Lundqvist, Rask, Crawford, Varlamov, Luongo, Lehner, Holtby, Allan, Murray, Schneider, or Price swapped teams at the beginning of the season, they had another top four D-man, and two more top six forwards, the Oil would be in the playoffs.
Ahhhmmm, made a slight correction for you there.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
I agree that if the flames didn't have smith we would be absolutely screwed. We have him, and were still in a precarious position. If Edmonton didn't have McDavid they would be much worse as well, which is scary if the fans really thing about it because you guys suck pretty bad right now.

But all is not lost. You can still prove to be useful if you beat the other teams in our division. Yaa... it's a long shot... you bums...
This guy gets it. Geno.... not so much.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:10 AM

I guess you Shames fans are going to be cheering for the mighty Oil tonight.

How’s that going to feel?
Old 03-14-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:

I don't mind cheering for the Oilers for the greater good.

Do I cheer for the Oilers or McDavid though?
Old 03-14-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I don't mind cheering for the Oilers for the greater good.

Do I cheer for the Oilers or McDavid though?

That's a tough call. If you have to cheer for someone or something that is putting in a guaranteed 100% effort every single game............................................ Who am I kidding, McDavid.

Hopefully if things get a bit rough/chippy against McDavid again, Cammalleri will step in. He seemed to be the only one willing to jump to the pump last night behind the net when McDavid took a high stick and got roughed up a bit. Might as well be the oldest and smallest player, as with the exception of Nurse and Khaira nobody else over 6' and 200lbs seems too interested in protecting anyone or sending a message.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVA7mm View Post
......., Cammalleri will step in. He seemed to be the only one willing to jump to the pump last night behind the net when McDavid took a high stick and got roughed up a bit.
Not sure if this is the play. It was Nugent-Hopkins that went after Stajan on this play. Gotta give him credit for stepping in.

Here's the play where Lazar got a high sticking penalty. That's Stewart behind the net. McDavid's reacting to something-or-another.

You can stop and start the vid all day. Good luck on finding a high stick. McDavid knows the league/refs protects the star players and sells this one pretty well.
https://streamable.com/99t8m
Old 03-14-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sky View Post
Not sure if this is the play. It was Nugent-Hopkins that went after Stajan on this play. Gotta give him credit for stepping in.

Here's the play where Lazar got a high sticking penalty. That's Stewart behind the net. McDavid's reacting to something-or-another.

You can stop and start the vid all day. Good luck on finding a high stick. McDavid knows the league/refs protects the star players and sells this one pretty well.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha........

I have no response that wouldn't get me banned! So you get this instead
Old 03-14-2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:

It's nice not having a fave team. Easier on the blood pressure.
Got some hardcore Flames' and Oilers' fans in a pool.

Flames' fans are pretty conflicted. Ordinarily, it's automatic that they cheer for an Oilers' loss. But now they'll cheer for anyone who's playing a Pacific division team, even if it's the Oilers. They also want the Oilers to win enough to stay of the bottom 5.

The Oilers' fans in my pool are pretty much in tank mode. Lose 'em all, except against the Flames. Get a top pick. Prepare for next year.

New logo for the remainder of season?
Old 03-14-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:

Absolutely, suprised mc baby doesn't sport a pacifier over a mouth guard, would certainly suit him better.
Old 03-14-2018, 02:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger View Post
Absolutely, suprised mc baby doesn't sport a pacifier over a mouth guard, would certainly suit him better.
Mcdavid is good for the game. 2 steps faster, and a level of talent above anyone else in the league. Anyone attempting to put him down in any way does not have a clue.
If you want to put a player down, pick Marchand, talented azzhat. But plays for the best team.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger View Post

LOL, funny coming from a Flames fan. Flames players never try and sell anything or draw penalties....................................... ahem Tkachuk. Not that I'm putting him down, as he is very good at it.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:

Sorry, yep this was the play. Completely unintentional by Lazar, I thought that it was number 13 who stepped in after Stajan and Stewart gave him a little sandwich. I can guarantee if Kassian and Khaira had stepped into Gaudreau, someone on the Flames would have held them accountable. Which is what should have happened.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:52 PM

Quote:

The only thing we can rely on from the oilers is there bitter fans

Old 03-14-2018, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boah View Post
Mcdavid is good for the game. 2 steps faster, and a level of talent above anyone else in the league. Anyone attempting to put him down in any way does not have a clue.
If you want to put a player down, pick Marchand, talented azzhat. But plays for the best team.
No doubt McDavid is good for the game. As are all of the superstars. I don't believe he is a level of talent above anyone else. He is one of the best players in the game right now. Only time will tell if McDavid will be truly generational. He is definitely fast and good with the puck.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:26 PM
Banned

Default SOILERS tonight

I will be cheering for the SOILERS tonight even though I will have to shower twice to get that SOILER STINK off later