Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-13-2008, 12:11 PM

Default outdoorsman show

is it in edm this coming weekend?
Old 03-13-2008, 12:14 PM

Yep, I will be there on Sunday.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:25 PM

Default Shows

Yes - the boat and sportsman show is this weekend.

Camper's Village and Fish'n Hole are having theirs in two weeks.

Gerry
Old 03-13-2008, 04:36 PM

Default Show

Runs Thurs to Sun. They have a web site.

http://www.sportsmensshows.com/Edmonton/

Think it's 11 bucks to get in.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:07 PM

Thumbs up boat and sportsman show

I went with my dad tonight. It was great! there were alot of good deals to be had. I ended up buying some binoculars from the AHEIA store. not top of the line by any stretch but they'll do. I ended up joining a fish and game club, something i've been meaning to do for a couple of years, and saw a whole bunch of stuff for my "wish list". I have to go back tomorrow to change some of those "wish list" items to "got them" items.

oh, and I'll also be having quite a few quads to sell in a couple of months, keep your eyes peeled in the buy and sell section!
Old 03-14-2008, 11:41 AM

Default WIN Card

Bring it with you. Flashing it at the teller will save you $ 2.00 off the admission price.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:04 PM

anyone check out last night semminars? thinking of going saturday or sunday.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:30 PM

Over all i enjoyed the show, put a down payment on my canopy for my boat lift. seen some new machines and had a good time. One thing that i did not like was in the sitting area by the concessions they had a display of "birds of pray in Alberta" the birds are beautiful but there spirits look broken from being teathered down. I know there is nothing i can do but i disliked that
Old 03-14-2008, 11:22 PM

Weren't those birds injured at some point and not able to return to the wild. Thats what I thought. I agree they did not look too impressed but it beats being dead.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:13 AM

Default Today

Gunner22 and Trail Master will be there for the opening. Both likely wearing the same brown Bushnell Elite Jackets we got for free with out scopes. At least I will be. If you recognise us say hi and introduce yourself.

Ron
Old 03-15-2008, 08:38 AM

can any body help me with where the show is in edmonton? what time they are closed? i'm from sylvan and want to know is it a big show with lots of booths or little with few booths? i missed the one in red deer because of work.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:46 AM

its at Northlands agricom. The show is huge. I think its bigger than Calgary's by a bit. Not sure on That. It closes today at 9 pm. and either 3 or 5 tomorrow.
Gunner22a supplied a link to the show in his post above.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:49 AM

Is there a sign or something at the ticket booth that tells you about the $2 off if you show your WIN?

The website doesn't mention anything about it????
Old 03-15-2008, 09:02 AM

thanks littledance much appreciated. i noticed the site on my second go around of the posts. i guess i should open my eyes a little better next time thanks again for the info.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:15 AM

Default Win

Buddy went. Got two bucks off with his WIN Was the same last year and no, there is no sign Just show it. Worked on Thursday night for one of the guys from our hunting camp. He didn't know about it either but I guy in the line told him about it. I'll be flashing mine today.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:50 PM
Banned

The boys and I went yesterday and when we walked in the door buddy from Starchoice was standing infront of the gates and asked me and the bro inlaw if we have Starchoice at home and well yes we do,,, got free tickets to the event,, just had to pay for the boys,,, bonus...

And we all enjoyed the show as usual,, got in on the varment seminar and learned a few new tricks,, also caught most of T.J.'s and Rich's seminar picked up a few tricks for southern Walleye.. I do not want to complain because the guys do a great job but it would have been more practical for the Edmonton seminar to be on northern lake Walleye,, but a lot of the same princeples apply... Over all a good show once again...

Last edited by Walleyes; 03-16-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmike68 View Post
Weren't those birds injured at some point and not able to return to the wild. Thats what I thought. I agree they did not look too impressed but it beats being dead.
If I recall correctly, right across from the "injured bird" booth is the "stuffed bird" booth...my buddy and I found that quite hilarious actually!! it seemed such a coincidence!
Old 03-16-2008, 12:09 AM

Best show in a long time, loved hall D, still a little too many pleasure boats for my liking but meh as TJ said they pay the bills. Had the "pleasure" of chatn with TJ and Rich for a bit listened to their show, got heckled from the stage all and all a typical Sat for me LOL .... this is for you Rich "FREE THE BLACK GUN THREE
Old 03-16-2008, 07:14 AM

Went yesterday as well. Got there around 11. Stood in line forever to get in but we were the lucky ones as when we left at 2, people were lined up out the door and almost back to the Sportex building. Cannot imagine how long they had to wait to get thru. Think Northlands would have had a better system in place to handle the crowds. Other than that show was like those in the past. Lots of big wakeboard boats and some fishing boats too. Stopped in at the Fishing Centre's booth and did score a good deal on a Quantum reel. As for the WIN card, the lady directing you to the booth told you to have your WIN card ready. Saved the $2.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:53 PM

Went today, almost wasnt gonna go. Glad i did, but waited until the last few hours of the show, checked the website to find all the booths i had intrest in, and who i wanted to greet, snagged a close parking spot and stood in line a total of 2 minutes to get admission.

Nice to meet you again Rob M., and you to TBark, sorry Tbark for the short hand shake, you caught me off guard, lol. i went over to chat with you when i was done at the AO booth but must have missed you.

Really enjoyed that local guy "Tye 1 On" . great bunch of products and those really cool lures that swim like a fish but are a fortune, only bought 1. This guy makes his own inline spinners, and i was impressed by the quality, especially the gauge of wire he uses on his products. Makes flippin jigs, jigs, spinners, etc, real good quality. Talked to him and his website should be up and running in May i believe? Good guy to chat with and knows what he sells!! Bought some big pike and muskie lures for $10 each

But, most of my cash was spent at "The Fishing Center" booth

Man those guys at The Fishing Center are great. I was talking to the Quantum reps and one of the salesmen from T.F.C. came over and greeted me by name. Picked up a rod i thought i was gonna have to order special, a heavy action baitcast Signature series PT Tommy Biffle rod, for the price of a basic Quantum PT tour rod. Also managed a free berkley shirt and Gulp! Alive hat with some Berkely purchases at 10% off, that i was gonna by soon anyways. Also bought a 4 peice ultraligth spinning rod/reel combo that came in a Quantum travel case. What else can i say..........

make a plan of attack, exucute it, and no wait, no line ups, all gravy train..........

Last edited by Alberta Bigbore; 03-16-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:49 PM

I got there right at 10 am with tickets in hand bombed right in and spent an enjoyable 5 and a half hours wandering shopping visiting and dreaming. Met some friends put some faces to the forum names all in all a great time. Be there early and leave late...but yeah watchn that lineup was something.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:53 AM

Was there as well at 10 yesterday, took my boy with me. Forgot the WIN card so full price, enjoyed the show. Left at noon, right before the crowds got there.