Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-16-2008, 04:01 PM

Default Pruning Course Dates

Hi guys. Here is the info on the pruning course that I will be holding. Below is the (edited) information that I have just emailed out to the group of volunteers who maintain the site. Their session will be on April 6, so those of you who were interested in attending now have two dates to choose from.

I decided to do two sessions because with the volunteer group they will be very horticulturally keen. With the AO group, inevitably the topic of conversation will turn to 'other' things and perhaps the conclusion may involve............BEER!

Any questions you may have, please send me a PM and I'll give you my phone # to answer any further questions. Other than that, I am looking foreward to meeting a few members of the board!

Tree

When: Sunday, April 20, 11AM
Where: The parking lot in the BP Birthplace Forest (by the ball diamonds) in the neighbourhood of Silver Springs in Calgary

This is going to be really informal and Q&A based. I think that we'll start out by just taking a walk through the forest and having a conversation about trees. From there, we'll move on to actually pruning a tree (small fruit tree) and just going from there.

Since we cannot really touch anything that is on city property (ie the BP Birthplace Forest), we'll be doing a privately owned tree. If it works out, I will maybe try to bring some branches with me for some further 'hands-on' practice.

Obviously this will be an outdoor activity, so please dress appropriatly. If the weather is really bad we can re-schedual. Expect the gathering to last a minimum of one hour, but probably it could go closer to three, it really depends.

Feel free to bring pruning shears with you. I'll bring a couple of pairs with me anyway for the 'hands-on'.

Also, the more the merrier! I've had seven replies thus far, but if you know anyone who may be interested, they will be more than welcome to join.

Finally, if you are unable to attend on this date, please let me know and I'll work something out, otherwise, I am looking foreward to meeting everyone and I hope that I can provide you with some useful information and a bit of entertainment!
Old 03-16-2008, 04:23 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that this is a FREE event. Thanks.

Tree
Old 03-16-2008, 04:48 PM

Alright free beer.