Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-13-2008, 08:22 PM

Default 5 more sleeps

5 more sleeps until I am in Vegas. I can't wait to get to Bass Pro . Even the wife is looking forward to this store. The trade-off is that I have to go to Elton John with her . Oh well I am hoping to pick up a good pair of boots when I am there. I am trying to find a pair of snake proof boots. I find they really help with the cactus in the south. I will try to get some pics up here of the store when I get back. If you haven't seen a store like this you are missing out.
Man will it be cool when we get the one here opened. I will finally have a store in the north to get stuff from.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:35 PM

You have to go to The Gun Store (or the Gun Shop...something like that). I've never been, but you can rent all kinds of full-auto funsies to let rip with
Old 03-13-2008, 08:40 PM

I heard about that place too. I go to the Shooter's Edge every once in a while to do that sort of thing here in Calgary. I would like to see their place though.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Banned

Ahhhh.
Las Vegas...
I love that place.
What Hotel are you staying at?
I felt a little silly going to see Celine... I was wrong.. It was a great show, I assume Elton also with have a good show. Beware, the drinks in the coliseum are very expensive.
BPS in Vegas is great, make sure you spend some time in the fine gun room.
Don't go see Penn and Teller.. That was a waste
Carrot top was kinda funny..

Best Italian restaurant (Well we like it) Is called Batista's. Its directly behind the Flamingo. They even have a little guy in there who plays a squeeze organ of sorts. Great dinner, nice atmosphere. And its not to pricey. Some of those restaurants are really expensive.
Best late night meal is down stairs in Binnions.
Make sure you get down town for one night. Its different than the strip and has a great light show.

Also when you check in, try the $20 trick. Just ask if any upgrades are available while holding a $20 bill in plain sight. If you get a better room, hand over the $20.. If not, put it away. This seems to work about 50% of the time for me.

Good luck
Jamie
Old 03-13-2008, 09:02 PM

Jamie,
We have been there a bunch of times. My wife has been there I think 12 times now. She goes often enough that we get the VIP check in and stuff like that. We always stay at Circus Circus. You can't beat 35 dollars a night for a room. I find that we are never in the room anyways so why spend 4 or 5 times that for 5 or 6 hours of sleep?
That 20 dollar trick works wonders down there. I'd say for me it is more like 70 or 80%.
Ever been to the buffet in the Alladin? I guess it would be Planet Hollywood now wouldn't it? Anyway, man do they have food there. Also the breakfast buffet at the Flamingo is also something else. Sure it is 15 bucks or something but there is 3 rooms of food! How do you beat that?
As for downtown I think we are hitting that Outlet Mall so we will be there also.
Old Vegas is definitely different than the Strip.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:51 AM
Banned

Cowtown.
I have never had the chance to stay at Circus Circus. Though we have stayed all over the strip, I would guess our hotel would the Flamingo. I appreciate the View (most times) but we really like the location.

Do you guys rent a car? We find it to be a major $$$ saver. And if we end up having to much to drink, it just stays at the valet of whatever hotel. It allows us much more freedom to hit those out of the way places.

Jamie
Old 03-14-2008, 12:46 PM

x2 on Battistas hole in the wall...we just got back and that a great place to eat (all you can dring wine) and the ambiance is very Vegas. The Venitian's cafe is amazing for quality of food & price. Have fun!!
Old 03-14-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post

Do you guys rent a car? We find it to be a major $$$ saver. And if we end up having to much to drink, it just stays at the valet of whatever hotel. It allows us much more freedom to hit those out of the way places.

Jamie
We have never rented a car yet. We usually ride the bus or do alot of walking.
The 5 dollar bus pass is fairly cheap. If you don't know about it here's the deal. For 5 bucks you can ride for a full 24 hours. That ain't too bad. How much is a car for the week? That would be better to get out to Silverton for sure.
I think we will try Batistas this time. It's right behind the Flamingo hey?
Thanks for the info.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:47 PM

sweet vegas ill be in sin city march 31st gone every year for the past 3 love bass pro shops that store is awesome could spend a whole day in it for sure