Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-04-2020, 09:49 PM

Arrow Heads Up ... our 'Charter Of Rights' still apply ❗

The possibility of Blatant Abuse is 'Very Real' now . . .

This CTV article is mostly about what has happened in Quebec, but it serves as an example of what's
starting to happen, all over Canada 👉 https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/the-ch...emic-1.4882742

During a pandemic, special measures must be taken ... But Best We All 'Look Sharp'

Selkirk

Last edited by Selkirk; 04-04-2020 at 09:56 PM.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:30 PM

Weird, were did all the "tinfoil", "looneys", "it will go back to normal" posters go?
Old 04-05-2020, 05:50 AM

Can they track your phone when it’s turned off?
Old 04-05-2020, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Weird, were did all the "tinfoil", "looneys", "it will go back to normal" posters go?

CBC reassigned them to the Trump bashing forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I came to Ottawa with the firm belief that the only people in this country who should have guns are police officers and soldiers."

— Allan Rock, Canada's Minister of Justice
Maclean's "Taking aim on guns", 1994 April 25, Vol.107 Issue 17, page 12.

"... protection of life is NOT a legitimate use for a firearm in this country sir! Not! That is expressly ruled out!".

— Justice Minister Allan Rock
Old 04-05-2020, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen moa View Post
Or left at home?
Old 04-05-2020, 07:05 AM

Mebe there’s sumpin there.... we’ll know when the wash is done...

Puffing up about individual rights during something like this isn’t the greatest idea if you ask me .......

We need unification ... not division.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 04-05-2020, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen moa View Post
I was reading up on this, and supposedly, it depends on the phone, and the settings you have enabled. And regardless of the phone or settings, if the phone is in a metal box, or the battery is removed, then it supposedly can't be tracked. Apparently certain apps actually warn the user that the phone can be tracked, but many people don't bother reading the warnings.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:15 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

This is for the better for all....the more we get into this pandemic the authorities will govern our movements etc to minimize the spread of this virus.

I really don't understand why someone would get upset over this.....unless your totally selfish....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-05-2020, 07:27 AM

Note to self leave cell phone at home when I go fishing
Old 04-05-2020, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Note to self leave cell phone at home when I go fishing
And don't forget to charge it up in the microwave too

It also scrambles the in'erds so the libs' can't track you.......

Old 04-05-2020, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
This is for the better for all....the more we get into this pandemic the authorities will govern our movements etc to minimize the spread of this virus.

I really don't understand why someone would get upset over this.....unless your totally selfish....
Unfortunately, the government is just using this crisis as an excuse to gain more control over the citizens. This is just like the liberals trying to push the bill through that would have given then dictatorial powers for close to two years. This government will use any excuse to control the people, and they won't just give up that control when the crisis has passed.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:35 AM

Quote:
I thought the article made it pretty clear.

Based on your comment though, I'd hazard a guess that you didn't read it in it's enterity.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:36 AM

Quote:
And don't forget to charge it up in the microwave too

It also scrambles the in'erds so the libs' can't track you.......
I ordered a special tinfoil envelope off of eBay to protect my phone information from Liberals and aliens so I am good
Old 04-05-2020, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Unfortunately, the government is just using this crisis as an excuse to gain more control over the citizens. This is just like the liberals trying to push the bill through that would have given then dictatorial powers for close to two years. This government will use any excuse to control the people, and they won't just give up that control when the crisis has passed.
Nope just can't fix stupid and apparently can't set simple rules to follow regarding this pandemic....

That is how all laws/rules/regs are implemented....everything starts off ok and then stupid shows up....example....I am an expert driver and I can do 100km/HR in a school zone as the buses unload children

Old 04-05-2020, 07:43 AM

Quote:

Agreed,this how Asian countries have flattened the curve.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten, View Post
Agreed,this how Asian countries have flattened the curve.
x2
Old 04-05-2020, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Nope just can't fix stupid and apparently can't set simple rules to follow regarding this pandemic....

That is how all laws/rules/regs are implemented....everything starts off ok and then stupid shows up....example....I am an expert driver and I can do 100km/HR in a school zone as the buses unload children
If a person really want's to disobey the isolation requirement, they can just leave their phone at home. Do you trust Trudeau and his government enough that you supported their bill to give them the ability to bypass parliament to spend and alter taxes as they please?
Old 04-05-2020, 07:59 AM

They didn't lock down long enough kinda got back to normal a little too early...medical experts are working around the clock to figure this out...everything is experimental from length of quarantines to social distancing etc...we are hosts so gotta at least follow what is being put forth....

image.jpg

Old 04-05-2020, 08:00 AM

Quote:
If a person really want's to disobey the isolation requirement, they can just leave their phone at home. Do you trust Trudeau and his government enough that you supported their bill to give them the ability to bypass parliament to spend and alter taxes as they please?
Ok Elk....how would you handle this situation from the ground up...the ball is in your park....

Old 04-05-2020, 08:12 AM

Quote:

Power is just like a tax to politicians - once they have it they won't give it back. The further they push against civil liberties and the further they get won't all be set back as to what we know as normal now. We will lose some freedom, seemingly willingly, till the next time and then lose some more, then the next time lose some more ,,,,,, there is a pattern here
Old 04-05-2020, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartTimeHunter View Post
Power is just like a tax to politicians - once they have it they won't give it back. The further they push against civil liberties and the further they get won't all be set back as to what we know as normal now. We will lose some freedom, seemingly willingly, till the next time and then lose some more, then the next time lose some more ,,,,,, there is a pattern here
Sometimes our normal was just not right too....just look aroumd how generally pathetic we have become overall....first world wants and needs made us just overal gross...we got a little spoiled over the last few generations....

Old 04-05-2020, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Ok Elk....how would you handle this situation from the ground up...the ball is in your park....
I would have locked down our borders weeks earlier, to all non essential travelers, and all illegal immigration would have been stopped. That would also apply to the students and temporary foreign workers that Trudeau has exempted. Anyone entering Canada would have a quick medical screening, as they entered, not just check a box on a computer screen. I would not have given away 16 tons of medical supplies that we need. I would have worked with all parties from the start, rather than excluding the conservatives. I would not use the United Way to handle financial relief for seniors, because they will take a large portion of the money in administration costs. I would have cancelled the carbon tax altogether, to provide some financial relief to people in this time of need.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Sometimes our normal was just not right too....just look aroumd how generally pathetic we have become overall....first world wants and needs made us just overal gross...we got a little spoiled over the last few generations....

I would say government interference with “safety regulations” and PC laws play a huge roll in why society has become weak

Personally I don’t think government interference is a good thing or should be encouraged. There is no lack of stupid choices made by government in the name of the greater good

I am not in a big panic but I am far from all trusting. There is no lack of bad decisions and examples of abuse of power by governments throughout history across the world. There is nothing wrong with paying attention to what government is doing and taking steps to keep things realistic
Old 04-05-2020, 09:30 AM

The government had 3 months to prepare. There was lots of talk about what was coming in early January, you couldn't find masks in stores, sanitizer was already getting low. I lived through SARS in Vancouver; very few were were packing up huge quantities of supplies to ship to family in Asia like like they did starting in December with this one. If the average person on the street who paid attention knew the government must have as well. Yet they did nothing. The government couldn't even be bothered to restrict travel or actually screen passengers (and still don't) effectively; But it now needs to track the precise movements of its citizens? For the greater good of course.

I don't think this was a big conspiracy, I think it is simple incompetence!!! Utter and complete incompetence that has got us to this point. But if you believe that giving up you freedoms and doing away with the Charter will some how grant governments the ability to handle this situation properly than maybe all these doom sayers are right. Canada is lost, just not because of the Virus.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:36 AM

Talking

You guys telling me my flip phone can be tracked ?

Old 04-05-2020, 09:38 AM

Arrow ... Wow ❗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkirk View Post

. . .

During a pandemic, special measures must be taken ... But Best We All 'Look Sharp'

That's ☝ for those who apparently missed my last line.

And for those who didn't read the 'entire' article, here it is again 👉 https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/the-ch...emic-1.4882742

Selkirk
Old 04-05-2020, 09:49 AM

So the police used cellphone location tracking to pursue an infected person who disregarded health authorities advice to self-isolate. Do you think this is the first time police have used this type of data to pursue an individual? If she infected your significant other and they subsequently died, would you still disagree?

You can always turn the GPS function off on your phone.

Facial recognition is a whole other can of worms. Did you notice that California banned the use of this technology a number of months ago? The RCMP finally admitted that they use it regularly.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:57 AM

I am not too concerned that there is somebody sitting in a windowless basement office in Ottawa monitoring my movements 24/7.
However it is important to note that we are all tracked every day by virtue of our phone, when you pull up Google maps to find the shortest route to Grandma's house, how do you think the phone knows to tell you its quicker to take south st than it is to take main st ?
Its because google is monitoring the speed and location of all the other cell phones on the network and knows where you are, knows cell phones on main st are not moving but cell phones on south st are and gives you the quickest route.
All day every day and we are enabling it every time we ask it to help us.
Every text, every google search, every time you check the time you are providing information to a database.
Your phone knows where you are and how much time you are spending there every minute of every day, its really too late to be outraged about the loss of privacy and I would suggest that given the choice, most people would choose the convenience over the privacy
Old 04-05-2020, 11:10 AM

Quote:
I would have locked down our borders weeks earlier, to all non essential travelers, and all illegal immigration would have been stopped. That would also apply to the students and temporary foreign workers that Trudeau has exempted. Anyone entering Canada would have a quick medical screening, as they entered, not just check a box on a computer screen. I would not have given away 16 tons of medical supplies that we need. I would have worked with all parties from the start, rather than excluding the conservatives. I would not use the United Way to handle financial relief for seniors, because they will take a large portion of the money in administration costs. I would have cancelled the carbon tax altogether, to provide some financial relief to people in this time of need.
Thx Elk on this which is a step and I agree but now what are you going to do with the non compliant people/businesses etc.....

Old 04-05-2020, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
I would say government interference with “safety regulations” and PC laws play a huge roll in why society has become weak

Personally I don’t think government interference is a good thing or should be encouraged. There is no lack of stupid choices made by government in the name of the greater good

I am not in a big panic but I am far from all trusting. There is no lack of bad decisions and examples of abuse of power by governments throughout history across the world. There is nothing wrong with paying attention to what government is doing and taking steps to keep things realistic
It is definitely a tuff balance to maintain between stupid guberment and stupid citizens....but for the most part things are balancing out....here anyways.