Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-04-2020, 01:55 PM
Banned

Exclamation Trudeau Backs Off Gun Grab - For Now...

Bit of a warning: The diatribe spewed by Heidi Rathjen is damn near enough to make one puke, and somewhat counters the news regarding the delays on their draconian gun grabs.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6778365/c...l-initiatives/

Here's hoping the LIEberals get replaced before they can implement a damn thing in this regard!

Nog
Old 04-04-2020, 02:00 PM

Civil liberties are most at risk during a crisis. Freedoms are lost in the name of 'security'.

Keep vigilent
Old 04-04-2020, 02:15 PM

Arrow Bide Our Time ❗

Fortunately, it's not likely that we'll have to wait a full 4 years.

Most minority governments in Canada only last ~ 2 years.

Selkirk
Old 04-04-2020, 03:06 PM

Assault weapons and panic-prone individuals in the midst of a pandemic are a very dangerous mix,” she said.

Says the panic prone individual in the midst of a pandemic
Old 04-04-2020, 03:26 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

give me one minute with this tart...problem solved.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-04-2020, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkirk View Post
Fortunately, it's not likely that we'll have to wait a full 4 years.

Most minority governments in Canada only last ~ 2 years.

Selkirk
But I don't see Trudeau calling an election sooner, and I don't see both the Bloc and the NDP voting against him in a non confidence vote.

Quote:
Assault weapons and panic-prone individuals in the midst of a pandemic are a very dangerous mix,” she said.
She sounds panic prone, but assault rifles are already prohibited in Canada.
Old 04-04-2020, 04:52 PM
Banned

This is good news! Especially for the zombie apocolis we are entering. Canada may need all the guns it can get.
Old 04-04-2020, 05:07 PM

Heidi needs attention. This silly virus thing is preventing her and Blair from getting their daily requirement.....

Media pigs. Trying to be relevant when youre not
Old 04-04-2020, 05:14 PM

Default anti-gun rants

I love it when the "anti-s" realize that crime rates could sore when the checks stop coming. All of a sudden the "leftys" in the neighborhood want to run over to my house when the SHTF!
Old 04-04-2020, 06:31 PM

Funny, the left wingers that we know have been awful nice and attentive since CoVID.
‘Friends’ I haven’t heard from in ages making remarks about us being this sanctuary place for them.
Not one of them offers to help butcher our animals and would take away everyones guns in a heartbeat.
I make it a habit to tell them just to put their trust in JT and things will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I came to Ottawa with the firm belief that the only people in this country who should have guns are police officers and soldiers."

— Allan Rock, Canada's Minister of Justice
Maclean's "Taking aim on guns", 1994 April 25, Vol.107 Issue 17, page 12.

"... protection of life is NOT a legitimate use for a firearm in this country sir! Not! That is expressly ruled out!".

— Justice Minister Allan Rock
Old 04-05-2020, 06:44 AM

Even the Liberals know trying to take property at a time like this is asking for major trouble. The value of gun ownership has changed in some of the minds of Canadians due to this situation and we can only hope that continues to increase as time goes on.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:53 AM

Default Adolf Hitler

Said the same thing, only the military and police should have guns..........remember how that turned out.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:40 AM

Default fairweather "friends"

Yes numerous casual acquaintances and lefty anti firearms/anti hunter crowd all want to come for help if things go south.NFL.........not friggin likely .Grab yourself a case of tp , a latte' and some tofu .........you are not my kind.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:38 AM

No problem guys,, turd so busy with Corona, and also he has no money$$ to buy any guns now. He needs to buy masks not guns.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer2 View Post
Yes numerous casual acquaintances and lefty anti firearms/anti hunter crowd all want to come for help if things go south.NFL.........not friggin likely .Grab yourself a case of tp , a latte' and some tofu .........you are not my kind.
I would be telling them to get their own firearms. With courses cancelled, and the CFC running way behind, they might get the required licenses by New Year. And if they support our firearms laws, they should be fine with that.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:56 AM

Just dont give your guns up. Period
Old 04-05-2020, 12:30 PM

With tensions running so high right now trying to take away our guns might just be the tipping point that starts a revolution. The West hates the East and the East hates the West. Trust in the government is at an all time low, people are bored out of work and some are just plain terrified. Add the fact that many will be hunting for extra food this winter because of possible meat shortages if the second wave hits. Right now we need our guns more than anything. It very well could be suicide if they try to disarm the people now.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 04-05-2020, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
With tensions running so high right now trying to take away our guns might just be the tipping point that starts a revolution. The West hates the East and the East hates the West. Trust in the government is at an all time low, people are bored out of work and some are just plain terrified. Add the fact that many will be hunting for extra food this winter because of possible meat shortages if the second wave hits. Right now we need our guns more than anything. It very well could be suicide if they try to disarm the people now.
True

Currently there are 15,000 sick in Canada. The govt is spending BILLIONS. The likelihood of dying from covid is negligible

Now, you decide to take away millions of guns from millions of citizens

Id say the chances of dying from that are much more than "negligible".....

I think our government had just better take a hike when it comes to gun confiscation. Forever.

But keep in mind, the current policies and restrictions are a test. To see if citizens obey. To see how far they can push. To see how much fear and obedience the media can induce.

Keep your head. Your brain is your best weapon. Use it always and never allow someone to tell you not to think.

Enjoy this little taste of retirement.

And if anyone wants to go rabbit hunting, let me know. We can find a spot, spend a day or two at it. I saw rabbit was $24 for one at T&T the other day......
Old 04-05-2020, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanCretien View Post
Funny, the left wingers that we know have been awful nice and attentive since CoVID.
‘Friends’ I haven’t heard from in ages making remarks about us being this sanctuary place for them.
Not one of them offers to help butcher our animals and would take away everyones guns in a heartbeat.
I make it a habit to tell them just to put their trust in JT and things will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good answer for your friend! I got a call from somebody who has never owned one, no license, but asking me to sell him one. And cheaply, never mind! I told him he shouldn't have one, ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Just dont give your guns up. Period
What Guns?

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone