Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 04-01-2020, 05:32 PM

Great to get fly fishing! It is a great pastime.
Getting started can be the tough part buying all you need/want.

I started with the cheap set ups and they worked fine. It was all I could afford but it didn't keep me from the streams.

I now have 5 sages and 1 loop. I only paid full price for one and bought the other sages when the next year models were coming out and found what I wanted 30-40% off. Broke a few over the years and was glad to have warranty.

My 2 boys fish and saved their coins and bought sages ( 350-450 rods) as we fish a lot and they liked using dads rods but wanted their own!!!!

Buy what you can and enjoy!!!
Old 04-01-2020, 11:02 PM

Most of my fly fishing equipment had been used, which I got at a great price over the years. I was glad to do it that way, because it was a lot of trial and error to figure what I liked, based on fishing conditions and casting style. I had only bought 2 rods new, the rest were all used deals. No regrets. A lot of money saved.
Next step after rod and reels, is figuring out what type of fly fishing storage you want while fishing. I had tried every kind and it was a endless pursuit (sling packs, backpacks, hip packs). I think I am now done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk