Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-24-2009, 02:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
I think you missed my point SG...I don't argue for the products I own. I like to offer my experience with them, not make a case for their superiority, and then be open to what people have to say about products they have experience with. Some people can have a very subjective opinion and others can't. I usually figure them out pretty quickly. I like to use this board for education, not arguing but I do get sucked into some of those too. Usually not about product superiority though...
TJ, to many people on here know you to well to not read this and laugh. And yes you do try to educate and tell people the technical ins and outs on stuff but your just as quick to argue a product or beleif. Your just the last one to admit you do it. And as far as getting sucked into arguments on stuff(products included)... you start as many as your sucked into. SG
Old 11-24-2009, 02:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepguide View Post
TJ, to many people on here know you to well to not read this and laugh. And yes you do try to educate and tell people the technical ins and outs on stuff but your just as quick to argue a product or beleif. Your just the last one to admit you do it. And as far as getting sucked into arguments on stuff(products included)... you start as many as your sucked into. SG
I think I know what sg (sheepguide) stands for, but what does tj stand for???
Old 11-24-2009, 02:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonto View Post
I think I know what sg (sheepguide) stands for, but what does tj stand for???
ummmm..... can i take a guess!!!!
Old 11-24-2009, 02:59 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
LOL...usually the arguements start when people don't know the facts of the product they are touting....kind of like an X-Bolt being lighter than an A7. Not looking for an arguement here SG and not really aiming my comments at you in particular but some posters do have blinders on to the short comings of their cherished products. I appreciate the fact you like your products and your experience obviously gives credence to your opinion but the quills on your porcupine are still pointed despite it being your porcupine. It seems silly to try and convince others otherwise. That's all I'm saying. Sometimes people get a bit too protective of their brands and won't accept the facts when others point them out and that doesn't do anyone any good. No product is perfect......

But enough of this hijack.....

Duffy, please tell me there was rum involved in this epiphany....
Old 11-24-2009, 03:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think you missed my point SG...I don't argue for the products I own. I like to offer my experience with them, not make a case for their superiority, and then be open to what people have to say about products they have experience with. Some people can have a very subjective opinion and others can't. I usually figure them out pretty quickly. I like to use this board for education, not arguing but I do get sucked into some of those too. Usually not about product superiority though...

Other then getting sucked into argueing the odd time, we may just have found a nominee for the poster child for all internet forums.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
What ever happened to "If it aint Scottish it's crap!" I thought that was the rule?
Still applies.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:35 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Other then getting sucked into argueing the odd time, we may just have found a nominee for the poster child for all internet forums.
Hmmm...sniper/guido/mackaylake or weatherby340.....which one are you? I knew you wouldn't be gone long. The joys of hotmail accounts...eh?
Old 11-24-2009, 03:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
LOL...usually the arguements start when people don't know the facts of the product they are touting....kind of like an X-Bolt being lighter than an A7. Not looking for an arguement here SG and not really aiming my comments at you in particular but some posters do have blinders on to the short comings of their cherished products. I appreciate the fact you like your products and your experience obviously gives credence to your opinion but the quills on your porcupine are still pointed despite it being your porcupine. It seems silly to try and convince others otherwise. That's all I'm saying. Sometimes people get a bit too protective of their brands and won't accept the facts when others point them out and that doesn't do anyone any good. No product is perfect......

But enough of this hijack.....

Duffy, please tell me there was rum involved in this epiphany....
Oh the facts sorry TJ ill try harder. And I compared a stainless synthetic T3 which is 6 3/16lbs(by their web site) to a wood blued X Bolt which is 6lbs 11oz. (by their specs) not a big diff.

But you seem pretty quick to bash a rifle that has zero short mag feeding issues that alot of others do and that is the 2009 american rifleman rifle of the year. It works great for me. IM happy with it and yes I will recomend products that work for me because im confident ive put them through the paces. If you dont like them good I could care less but dont tell me I dont know facts about products I use. Because I guarantee the products I use saw alot more actual field time and use than any of yours have this year or will have this year. And that there is a fact.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:03 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Oh the facts sorry TJ ill try harder. And I compared a stainless synthetic T3 which is 6 3/16lbs(by their web site) to a wood blued X Bolt which is 6lbs 11oz. (by their specs) not a big diff.

But you seem pretty quick to bash a rifle that has zero short mag feeding issues that alot of others do and that is the 2009 american rifleman rifle of the year. It works great for me. IM happy with it and yes I will recomend products that work for me because im confident ive put them through the paces. If you dont like them good I could care less but dont tell me I dont know facts about products I use. Because I guarantee the products I use saw alot more actual field time and use than any of yours have this year or will have this year. And that there is a fact.
LOL...if you read back through this forum you'll see that I've actually recommended the X-Bolt as an option in several threads....hardly bashing...

I'd say half a pound is a fairly significant difference, especially when you argued until you were blue in the face that the X-Bolt was lighter but I digress. The X-Bolt is a fine firearm.....it's just not lighter than the T3 or A7...and that's not bashing, just an unbiased fact... Whether you used your X-Bolt more than I used a T3 this year still doesn't make it lighter...sometimes facts are just facts....and that's a fact.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Didn't have to search far for these s.h.:

"A TSX would have to be going pretty slow not to open. They are speed sensitive but tales of pencil sized holes in game shot at close range are total bunk. The faster they are going, the faster they open. The only one I've recovered was a ten yard shot on a kudu from a .338. The first one from 406 yards was a pass through."

And people have had no expansion with pictures to boot, yet its total bunk.

and even better

"In the days before jacketed bullets, energy was a masure of a bullet's effectiveness but controled expansion put an end to that. There are a lot of outdated theories that guys hang onto but don't really understand. Bullet frontal area and sectional density are two more that crack me up but you see guys going on about them all the time. With a lead ball, I'd say you'd be looking for somewhere around 900 foot pounds minimum, other than that, I wouldn't worry."

Energy doesn't matter now but oh wait it does with a lead ball......very.....scientific.

Just bustin your balls man but its too funny when someone calls a spade a spade.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hmmm...sniper/guido/mackaylake or weatherby340.....which one are you? I knew you wouldn't be gone long. The joys of hotmail accounts...eh?
Meant as a compliment, don't run into many like you on these forums.
I don't shoot near well enough to be a sniper, I'm not italian, don't own any lakeside property but, I do own a weatherby.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Are those the Guys that picked on poor SH and got themselves banned???? Wish I had some internet body guards to keep all these big meanies from hurting my feelings
Old 11-24-2009, 10:14 PM

The man who is offended by someone not meaning to offend is a fool. The man who is offended by someone meaning to offend is equally a fool.

-Billy Molls
Old 11-24-2009, 10:33 PM

Christ you two, would you quit your bloody feuding already!
Old 11-24-2009, 10:42 PM

A bullets ability to effectively kill game

depends primarily on where you put it

Sheepguide do you have to start an argument in every post?
Old 11-24-2009, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L. View Post
Christ you two, would you quit your bloody feuding already!
I was actually agreeing with him.

-Billy Molls
Old 11-24-2009, 11:01 PM

Not you chuck, sg and sh.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L. View Post
Not you chuck, sg and sh.
Sorry.

Carry on.

-Billy Molls
Old 11-24-2009, 11:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by altaberg View Post
A bullets ability to effectively kill game

Sheepguide do you have to start an argument in every post?
maybe if I get the chance! Thanx for asking.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:30 AM

[QUOTE=altaberg;440765] A bullets ability to effectively kill game

Sure took long enough for someone to point this out.

Grizz
Old 11-25-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Geez man, don't apologize. It completely throws and disorients a guy when someone on here does that. I just don't know what to do now! It's like mental judo!
Ah, he got it. Good memory.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Having had the pleasure of experiencing it, I can attest the man is indeed a legend...
You ever had one of those moments where you don't know if you are being complimented, played with, or insulted? I'm having one of those now.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:06 PM

what was this thread about again? I shot a whitetail buck with a 140 grain nosler ballistic tip from my 7mm rem mag last week and knocked it off its hooves and it never got up. I guess it can kill game . sorry to interupt
Old 11-25-2009, 12:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker34 View Post
180 gr ballistic silvertips with 70 gr. of IMR 4350 pushing it does the trick for me. Zero in to 260 yards and point blank range is out to about 325 yards. When that puppy connects with the ribs of a deed, elk, moose..., it's like throwing a Volkswagon through it. Just try not to hit shoulder. Makes a mess.
I just go to atlas outfitters and pick up my fusions
Old 11-25-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
You ever had one of those moments where you don't know if you are being complimented, played with, or insulted? I'm having one of those now.
In that case it's usually all three.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Banned

What this thread needs now is some more pearls of wisdom from duffy4 to get it back on track.

Waxy
Old 11-25-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
What this thread needs now is some more pearls of wisdom from duffy4 to get it back on track.

Waxy
Let it go Waxy, let it go.... breathe.... breathe...

Sign me,

Been there.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Let it go Waxy, let it go.... breathe.... breathe...

Sign me,

Been there.
What, that didn't come off sarcastic did it?

Waxy
Old 11-25-2009, 05:50 PM

evan the most acurately bullet made in the world aint worth a pinch of coon dung if the person behind the gun doesnt do their part,( eg that person mistakes the trigger for a certain male anatomy part and jerks the trigger instead of squeezeing it)
Old 11-25-2009, 11:24 PM

You guys do realize that you've just been played like a Stratavaries right? Thanks for the laughs.

Tree