Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-20-2020, 03:08 PM

Default Anyone try this workout?

So I'm going to give this a try. Today is day one (should've started January 1)

My thoughts are to do this twice a day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon/evening:

- number of the day thoughout the year, means number of sit ups.
- same as above, but exchange sip ups/crunches with push ups.

For example, January 1 I should have done 1 sit up & 1 push up in the morning, followed by 1 sit up & 1 push up in the afternoon.

On January 13 I should have done 13 sit ups & 13 push ups in the morning, 13 in the afternoon.

February 8 will be 39 of each, morning and evening.

Not sure how long I'll keep tracking the number of days. By the time November comes along, that's 300 of each morning and night. Not sure I've got that kind of time, but I'll see.

This will be in addition to my regular aerobic work outs throughout the week, and my regular scheduled sports. I just feel like I need to get back to the old core exercises from long ago - they helped then and I guess I'm old school.

J.
Old 01-20-2020, 04:15 PM

Sound like a neat idea. I’d take a rest day or two in there myself. Muscles need time to rest/repair.

Grandpa use to say, if you start with a new calf, pick him up every day and when he’s a full grown bull you’ll still be able to pick him up. I never stuck with it so can’t say for sure it doesn’t work since Grandpa swore by it. He also told stories sometimes...
Old 01-20-2020, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
Sound like a neat idea. I’d take a rest day or two in there myself. Muscles need time to rest/repair.

Grandpa use to say, if you start with a new calf, pick him up every day and when he’s a full grown bull you’ll still be able to pick him up. I never stuck with it so can’t say for sure it doesn’t work since Grandpa swore by it. He also told stories sometimes...
That's the exact story that sprung to mind for me too. Good luck to the OP, let us know how it goes.